Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2019, 8:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by BenA

The short description of the museum is that - much like other great Seattle museums like MoPOP and the Living Computer Museum, it was built as a place to store and exhibit Paul Allen’s toy collection. It differs from other aviation museums by much of its collection being flyable - so if you want to see a MiG-29 take off with the Boeing factory in the background, for example, it’s your place. (They only fly the historic aircraft rarely, for obvious reasons, but the active maintenance is reflected in the shiny condition the aircraft are kept in: it’s obvious everything is treated as an airplane, not an artifact.)

They also have a pretty stunning collection of tanks that also come out to play from time to time. So if you want to celebrate Tanksgiving, Tanktoberfest or just TankFest Northwest, start making your plans now
Tanktoberfest??? I so need to attend!
Old Mar 26, 2019, 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak
Well, pictures aren't allowed on the Boeing factory tour but it was a great experience. Would have been even better if we could have gotten closer to the floor, but I can understand why that would be a logistical nightmare for them for general public tours.

The distillery afternoon seemed to be a hit, although BenA and I (and my other, FT lurker friend) split off for lunch and to visit the Flying Heritage & Combat Armor Museum, which I also enjoyed.

Dinner at Toulouse Petit was fantastic.

Sunday after a smaller group brunch, DELee +1 and I went to the Chihuly Glass and Garden museum, which had a lot of beautiful glasswork but felt overpriced for the "size" of the experience -- I will grant that we went through at a fairly quick pace but If be surprised if we spent more than an hour there. The gift shop was selling commemorative 2019 photo calendars as "buy one, get another 50% off" which seems miserly given it's almost April...
IMO the coolest part about Chihuly is if you're able to catch a live glass-blowing demonstration, which runs about every hour when they have them-otherwise I do agree that it does feel a bit overpriced. I was only able to make the dinner but it was good fun.

Unrelated at the SEA Skyclub now and there's a dude here gaming while muttering to himself and sighing loudly, all while eating chips and moaning orgasmically and loudly rocking against the chair he's sitting in. At least he's using headphones? Unlike the other guy next to him...
Old Mar 26, 2019, 11:06 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
It was nice meeting you this weekend!

Originally Posted by steveman518
IMO the coolest part about Chihuly is if you're able to catch a live glass-blowing demonstration, which runs about every hour when they have them-otherwise I do agree that it does feel a bit overpriced. I was only able to make the dinner but it was good fun.
We actually were there during a demo! But brushed it off since we'd all seen glass blowing before -- guess we're just too jaded

Unrelated at the SEA Skyclub now and there's a dude here gaming while muttering to himself and sighing loudly, all while eating chips and moaning orgasmically and loudly rocking against the chair he's sitting in. At least he's using headphones? Unlike the other guy next to him...
Seems worth a mention to the lounge attendants, unless it's just too entertaining
Old Mar 27, 2019, 4:19 am

Weird... very weird...
Old Mar 27, 2019, 4:19 am

Happy Thorsday Eve!
Old Mar 27, 2019, 6:18 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
MAEN!
Originally Posted by kipper
Happy Thorsday Eve!
This ^
Old Mar 27, 2019, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by Howste
MAEN!

This ^
It's not a bad morning for me.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by Zorak
It was nice meeting you this weekend!
you and everyone else likewise ^

We actually were there during a demo! But brushed it off since we'd all seen glass blowing before -- guess we're just too jaded
I don't go particularly often, maybe once or twice a year when there are friends visiting and think it would be entertaining to see. The actually make some pretty nice pieces, including sometimes a double-walled bowl.

Seems worth a mention to the lounge attendants, unless it's just too entertaining
Weird... very weird...
I was mostly just weirded out by the orgasmic moaning when he was eating the chips...
Old Mar 27, 2019, 10:00 am

I was mostly just weirded out by the orgasmic moaning when he was eating the chips...
Maybe he was just really hungry?
Old Mar 27, 2019, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 11:10 am

Mr. Kipper shared this with me to make me laugh...

Cholula and Zorak like this.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 11:13 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Why call an impala Vlad? Shouldn't an impala's name be something like Ace, Irv, Ivy, Irene, etc.?
Old Mar 27, 2019, 12:38 pm

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Tanktoberfest??? I so need to attend!
Kipper, there is an Aerospace and defense company in the MidAtlantic region that has a tank maneuvering ground onsite. Used to be a client. On the drive to the client, we would crest over the hill, and all of a sudden, you would see tanks driving a track like Matchbox toys. Super fun (and a little odd, if truth be told).
Old Mar 27, 2019, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Mr. Kipper shared this with me to make me laugh...
oh that is excellent!

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Why call an impala Vlad? Shouldn't an impala's name be something like Ace, Irv, Ivy, Irene, etc.?
at least one Economics major didn't take (or doesn't remember) a literature class

Last edited by jrl767; Mar 27, 2019 at 12:54 pm
Old Mar 27, 2019, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by navi_jen
Kipper, there is an Aerospace and defense company in the MidAtlantic region that has a tank maneuvering ground onsite. Used to be a client. On the drive to the client, we would crest over the hill, and all of a sudden, you would see tanks driving a track like Matchbox toys. Super fun (and a little odd, if truth be told).
Oh, please PM me with the name and location. For my birthday a few years ago, we traveled to the Pennsylvania Military Museum near SCE for an Exploring the Armor event. We were allowed to climb on the tanks and other armored equipment they have there. We were even allowed to climb inside. I opted out of climbing inside most of those, because I get a little claustrophobic.
Originally Posted by jrl767
oh that is excellent!
I appreciated it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.