Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2019, 9:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It's the Second Day of Thor, sort of like Boxing Day is called the Second Day of Christmas in some places.

Thorxing Day anyone? Or should it be Thoxing Day?
Old Jan 25, 2019, 10:19 am

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
I went to it once with mattp1987 - he was working out of Wright-Patterson AF base in Dayton OH at the time and I was living about 8 miles south of DAY. We drove - but he drove back as I had way too much to drink the night before, We saw those same ponies.

We did not have pineapple pizza though.

Happy Friday - or is it post Thorsday?
I like post Thorsday.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 12:51 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by jrl767
you both — and of course the kippers as well — are always welcome to come out to Seattle

while at the moment I am NOT proposing to sponsor a SEA DO, I would certainly be amenable to serving on the planning committee
if anyone needs an excuse: Boeing Factory Tour/PAE/SEA mini-DO March 22-24, 2019

Old Jan 25, 2019, 2:42 pm

Apology

I would like to publicly apologize for the many threads I recently created here in the Delta forum. (Eight I think.) I tried to find existing threads but I obviously didn't do a good enough job. I am both curious and excited, and I apologize if I got too carried away asking questions.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by zitsky
I would like to publicly apologize for the many threads I recently created here in the Delta forum. (Eight I think.) I tried to find existing threads but I obviously didn't do a good enough job. I am both curious and excited, and I apologize if I got too carried away asking questions.
My general thought is that you shouldn't apologize for asking questions.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 2:48 pm

I've had a rough day at work, and I'm really jealous of the Delta socks people are receiving.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by kipper
It's very nice of you to say that. Thank you.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
beat me to it ... and welcome to the LoungeTM
Old Jan 25, 2019, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Do NOT apologize as there’s no need to. First and foremost, that’s what this forum is for (not just this thread, but the whole FlyerTalk forum). I realize a certain poster who has their own reputation for being a bit of jerk around here gave you grief (I came across that thread) but posters like that forget that there was a time they didn’t know as much as they do now. On top of that, the FT search function sucks. It’s actually often easier to find an FT thread via Google search than FT’s own search function, though if using Google to answer a generic question obviously using Google may lead to several other sites and results so that doesn’t always work. Also, any time you ask a question and post a thread, it allows other members to see the question - a question they may have had themselves or even something they didn’t even think or know to ask but now have gained the knowledge through the answer to your question.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 3:50 pm

Ok I appreciate all the kind responses. I am not new to the internet. For a while I wondered if I stumbled into the wrong forum if you know what i mean.

Thank you again.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 5:59 pm

Happy Friyay! I'm having my first proper dinner at home since Mr. Kipper is in HNL. Usually, he cooks dinner. Since I cooked, I decided to have a beer with dinner.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
yet another case study on why I think you and Mrs767 need to meet at some point
Old Jan 25, 2019, 6:03 pm

Happy Friyay! I'm having my first proper dinner at home since Mr. Kipper is in HNL. Usually, he cooks dinner. Since I cooked, I decided to have a beer with dinner.
I need to know what you ate to tell you if it was ok. Beer with sausage good. But steak needs a good red wine.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

... steak needs a good red wine.
I wholeheartedly agree with you (in principle rather than practice, as I don’t eat beef more than maybe 2-3x/year), but iirc kipper is pretty much a “beer-goes-with-pretty-much-anything” kind of person
Old Jan 25, 2019, 6:08 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Are you having beer *for* dinner?

puck021 and miraclebear2003 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.