Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2019, 9:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
What is that dog holding in its mouth? A giant extendable leash?
Old Jan 10, 2019, 9:58 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Uhhh, are you not familiar with the mythology of Thor? Also compare it to the other photo
Old Jan 10, 2019, 10:01 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Yes, that's exactly what it is!
Old Jan 10, 2019, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by Zorak
Uhhh, are you not familiar with the mythology of Thor? ...
she probably mythed it since he probably never published anything on economic thorey

Buddy wishes everyone a happy Snores-day

Last edited by jrl767; Jan 10, 2019 at 10:32 am
Old Jan 10, 2019, 10:31 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Would you pay $5 to cuddle a bunny for three minutes? Some outfit is offering emotional support bunnies for rent. The good news is that it would cost a lot to borrow one long enough for a flight.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 10:38 am

Would you pay $5 to cuddle a bunny for three minutes? Some outfit is offering emotional support bunnies for rent. The good news is that it would cost a lot to borrow one long enough for a flight.
I went to one of those places and they lined the bunnies up for me to choose one. I came towards them and they all started backing away from me.

I guess I had a receding hare line.
Cholula, MSPeconomist and CarmenOM like this.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 11:06 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Wimsta
Class started yesterday, and I already got my best excuse of the term:

"Good afternoon, I apologize for missing class today. I wanted to inform you that I will not be able to attend class at all this week as I am stuck outside of the country because my original flight got canceled and I could not find another one earlier than January 12th. Looking forward to attending class next week!"

This was my response:

"No excuses are necessary, that said, I travel frequently and I know that your claim about flights isn't true. There is no airline/codeshare that fits the description you provide. Attendance is mandatory, but not directly graded, and, as such, you don't need to provide an excuse "another one earlier than January 12th" is either an exaggeration or a lie, please keep that in mind, and let this be a lesson.

Now, if you provide the information about your original flight: Airline, Date, and flight number, I may be able to suggest what your other alternatives are."

Any bets on what is going to happen?
I'm about 40% I get the flight information
10% Nothing happens
50% the student drops
About the only rational explanation here would be an international student with a visa renewal issue that resulted in denied boarding, where the visa paperwork takes that long to resolve. But if that were the case, they’d have said that explicitly in the email...
Old Jan 10, 2019, 11:10 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Howste
I went to one of those places and they lined the bunnies up for me to choose one. I came towards them and they all started backing away from me.

That's sure to receive a GROAN from Kipper!
Old Jan 10, 2019, 11:40 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Quick question . . . .

I have two $200 ECVs in my account that are expiring at the end of January. I believe these are the Choice Benefits that I selected last year - 1 PM & 1 DM. Can I use them toward the same ticket?

Don't we hava "Quick Question" thread? . . . . .

. . . . . Oh, wait a minute.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 12:22 pm

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by jrl767
she probably mythed it since he probably never published anything on economic thorey

Buddy wishes everyone a happy Snores-day
Groan! And so adorable!
No. Bunnies tend to pee on people when being cuddled.

Sigh

Last edited by kipper; Jan 11, 2019 at 7:52 am
Old Jan 10, 2019, 12:39 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Not at that price point and not bunnies, but I've always wanted to get in on Uber Kittens

Originally Posted by davetravels
Don't we hava "Quick Question" thread? . . . . .
Someone tried to create one, but it got ruined when certain people turned it into a joke thread

IMO it was a great idea and good resource that the UA and AS forums have (just to name the that I'm familiar with) and I feel like a judicious warning and curating of posts from the mods could have rehabilitated the thread, but they decided to simply lock it, so, can't have nice things
Old Jan 10, 2019, 1:39 pm

Programs: SkyMiles 2018 PM, 2019 PM, 2020 PM, 2021 PM, 2022 PM, 2023 PM...
Originally Posted by BenA

About the only rational explanation here would be an international student with a visa renewal issue that resulted in denied boarding, where the visa paperwork takes that long to resolve. But if that were the case, they’d have said that explicitly in the email...
I do hope I get either more explanation, or an "ah, you caught me" next week. I just think that it is important that students realize that their excuses aren't usually as good as they think they are, and that the behavior of being irresponsible can be changed before there are more significant consequences.

I'm both frustrated and amused.

Last edited by Wimsta; Jan 10, 2019 at 3:38 pm
Old Jan 10, 2019, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by Wimsta
...can be changed before their are more significant consequences...
I hope this isn't an English class.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by kipper
Groan!
Happy first kipper groan of 2019! Congrats, jrl767!

All I got was a SIgh. I'm not sure why the first two letters are capitalized. I've tried to find any relevance to rabbits, but I'm not getting too far without a search warren.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 3:37 pm

Programs: SkyMiles 2018 PM, 2019 PM, 2020 PM, 2021 PM, 2022 PM, 2023 PM...
I hope this isn't an English class.
Political science, and my typos today have been ridiculous. I'm actually embarrassed, oh well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.