Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2018, 5:34 am

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA
Originally Posted by defrosted
Those ain't got nothing on Canada.
Thank you for your post. My following comments are not directed to you but just in general.
Why don't countries show pictures of what happens in a car accident from speeding, or a pedestrian hit and run by a vehicle, base jumping errors, etc.. I am not even able to access OMNI yet but... People make choices everyday and know the repercussions of their actions. Do people smoke tobacco?? Of course they do, but.. and I say butt .. How many people die each year from machinery(planes,trains, & automobiles, meat grinders) compared to smokers? I don't smoke in front of people and keep away as I respect what people don't want to be around what I do. Where are the labels on all beer & liquor bottles of Cirrhosis livers and mangled DUI wrecks?.

PSA.. Don't Start Smoking Ever! It is not good for you.

MOD's if this is not for this forum please remove.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 6:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by jrl767

ugh, that doesn’t sound at all pleasant (except that it sounds like a lot of good reasons for beer)
Lots of deadlines and most of the department is on vacation...
Old Dec 22, 2018, 6:45 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by kipper
Very nice! I'm about to work every day between last Monday and January 4.
Can you work from home at least on the weekend and holiday days?
Old Dec 22, 2018, 9:25 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
MAEN from somewhere east of the Bahamas:

GRALISTAIR likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by Zorak
We will be in the Bahamas Wednesday and Thorsday
Old Dec 22, 2018, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Can you work from home at least on the weekend and holiday days?
Yes, which is the nice part. I logged a few hours today, and what I worked on will greatly simplify my Monday. The plan is to do the same for an hour or two tomorrow.
Originally Posted by Zorak

I need more views like that in my life!
Old Dec 22, 2018, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
I just booked a flight on Delta for the first time since 2015! I am going to Cuba with my cousins in March. I already had to call to cancel once because I changed my mind and will take JetBlue back. I just rebooked my flight there and realized I selected the wrong one! Another 15 minutes on hold awaits me.

-J.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 1:32 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
We will be in the Bahamas Wednesday and Thorsday
I'll wave at you when we pass by on our way back to FLL

I need more views like that in my life!
Hopefully you can take a nice vacation after the new year!
Old Dec 22, 2018, 8:28 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Hello from Delta’s worst hub. The only thing worse than 4 hours in SLC is 4 hours in SLC, connecting from AS-AA so you have no lounge access. 👎

On about the only positive note, Alaska now has ginger beer on the drink cart. Who do we bug in Atlanta to get that added on the DL aside? Woodford makes a pretty great mule...
Old Dec 23, 2018, 8:16 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by BenA
Hello from Delta’s worst hub. The only thing worse than 4 hours in SLC is 4 hours in SLC, connecting from AS-AA so you have no lounge access. 👎

That lounge is pretty awful to begin with. I can't remember the last time I used the men's room there without having to wait in line. Plus, no hot food to speak of on the buffet which puts it well behind the lounges at other hubs (except maybe LAX). The new one can't open soon enough.

Originally Posted by BenA
On about the only positive note, Alaska now has ginger beer on the drink cart. Who do we bug in Atlanta to get that added on the DL aside? Woodford makes a pretty great mule...
Mmm, that sounds good. Maybe we can get a dark rum too to make a Dark and Stormy.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
MAEN! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays Lounge! PDB in-hand as we head up north to visit family for the holidays.

Zorak likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 8:35 am

Morning, Lounge! Happy Christmas Eve!
Old Dec 24, 2018, 8:56 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
MAEN! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays Lounge! PDB in-hand as we head up north to visit family for the holidays.

I'm just going to assume you already threw away the red straw.
Morning, Lounge! Happy Christmas Eve!
Happy Christmas Eve to all! Getting ready to head to work for a couple hours but mostly just to check email and work out. I'll be back there at 0500 tomorrow which is fine because Mrs. P has to work too. Covering one of the shifts so some of my people can spend the day with their families. We'll do presents and Christmas dinner after church tonight and then we get the day off together Thursday. I think the plan for our "holiday" is Top Golf and Six Flags Holiday in the Park.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
I’m going to presume —no, really hope — there’s something other than Woodford in that PDB

our son arrived from RIC on Wed evening and my sister drove up from EUG on Thurs

oven is heating up, so once the ham goes in I’ll start prepping the sweet potatoes; we’re expecting SIL and her hubby and their two kids to show up ~1600 ... I’ll fire up the grill a bit later for the white king salmon

happy holidays and safe travels to all
Old Dec 24, 2018, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by mattp1987
I'm just going to assume you already threw away the red straw.

Happy Christmas Eve to all! Getting ready to head to work for a couple hours but mostly just to check email and work out. I'll be back there at 0500 tomorrow which is fine because Mrs. P has to work too. Covering one of the shifts so some of my people can spend the day with their families. We'll do presents and Christmas dinner after church tonight and then we get the day off together Thursday. I think the plan for our "holiday" is Top Golf and Six Flags Holiday in the Park.
That's very nice of you to work tomorrow. I'm at work until probably 3 or so today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.