Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2020, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
St Pat’s Day nightcaps — decaf, Tullamore Dew, and Carolan’s
volabam and Zorak like this.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 6:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I almost forgot it was St Patrick's Day, although I'm not sure what I would have been able to do to celebrate. No green wine.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 7:09 am

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by jrl767
Looks yummy!
Old Mar 18, 2020, 8:21 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by jrl767
Looks delicious! We actually took yesterday off from drinking entirely since we've been having a couple beers or splitting a bottle of wine every night. I might pick up some crowlers today or tomorrow to support our local breweries. I don't know if they're filling growlers, and I'm not sure it would be the best idea anyway. My favorite brewery put together a page on their website for ordering food and crowlers to go. The pizza place at the end of the street posted on their facebook page that you can call in an order and then call when you arrive to have it brought to your car. I assume I can do essentially the same thing but walking instead.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 8:44 am

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Originally Posted by baccarat_king
Good afternoon! Things are somewhat surreal in London. Thankfully, we finally got my daughter evacuated. Both of the charter flights for them (Peace Corps) failed to arrive over the past two days. Thankfully, we got permission and were able to get her on the (very infrequent) last nonstop flight out this morning. All the best, since the charter was going to take them back to Washington, DC and then she would have had to fly back to LHR.

I guess, one day at a time. But, most of us are together.
Baccarat, I'm sorry that your DD is being evacuated. I'm an RPCV myself, so I understand a bit how she is feeling, but so glad she is safe. Was she near her COS date? Is she going to re-up or ET (early termination)? If she ever wants to talk to someone who was abruptly evacuated, I'm happy to lend an ear.

Me, I've had a crappy week. My project is getting cancelled, so I'll soon be back to being employed but not in a confirmed role. Scary times. Oh, and my 401k took a huge bashing this week (I just noticed I'm out of balance in my asset allocations). So, rough week. Though I am enjoying extra Pumpkin snuggles, have a fully stocked food pantry and am enjoying the bing-watching of 30 Rock (for the 1st time ever). So I guess it's not terrible.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 9:01 am

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by mattp1987
Looks delicious! We actually took yesterday off from drinking entirely since we've been having a couple beers or splitting a bottle of wine every night. I might pick up some crowlers today or tomorrow to support our local breweries. I don't know if they're filling growlers, and I'm not sure it would be the best idea anyway. My favorite brewery put together a page on their website for ordering food and crowlers to go. The pizza place at the end of the street posted on their facebook page that you can call in an order and then call when you arrive to have it brought to your car. I assume I can do essentially the same thing but walking instead.
Our local breweries have announced they will not fill customer-provided growlers.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 9:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Looks like things have calmed down a bit on the phones. We're back to a 4 minute hold time for the PM line.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 1:09 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Howste, everything ok there in SLC?
Old Mar 18, 2020, 1:18 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
MAEN!

Originally Posted by Zorak
Howste, everything ok there in SLC?
I'm working from home today, so I got to experience the quake in my own home. I saw a couple of glass items fall from a shelf when the big one hit. fortunately I had strategically placed a basket of laundry below it the night before, so no casualties. At my work there was damage to some of the buildings. They were all evacuated at the time I was supposed to call in for a meeting. Eventually they just sent everybody home to make sure the structures were all safe. My wife's work was all sent home too. I just felt another aftershock while I was typing...

(edit) aftershock was a 4.6.
MSPeconomist and SoroSuub1 like this.

Last edited by Howste; Mar 18, 2020 at 1:38 pm
Old Mar 18, 2020, 1:58 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by navi_jen
Oh, and my 401k took a huge bashing this week (I just noticed I'm out of balance in my asset allocations). So, rough week.

I think we could comfortably agree that most everyone is in the same place. Not too many winners over the last couple weeks.

! also predict that the economy will spring back much quicker than normal and we'll be back to yukking it up around here.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 2:20 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Cholula
I think we could comfortably agree that most everyone is in the same place. Not too many winners over the last couple weeks.

! also predict that the economy will spring back much quicker than normal and we'll be back to yukking it up around here.
It's so nice to see the old hot (sauce) guy here. You should come back to visit the DL lounge more often or better yet spend some time hanging out with us. Stay safe.

MN effectively cancelled St Patrick's Day, first both (St Paul and Minneapolis) parades over the weekend and associated events in St Paul, and then both mayors announced that restaurants and bars would close around noon Tuesday. Later the governor closed all restaurants, bars, etc. in the state starting at 5 pm yesterday.

I'm multitasking today: working from home and binge watching Locked Up Abroad, with a bit of effort trying to figure out what's open and what's closed around here for my general information. Lots of events I had been planning to do have cancelled: special wine tasting, wine dinner, wine tasting, small casual evening thing with drinks/snacks and appetizers/live music, two dinner meetings, one meeting that I had been planning to travel to, although surprisingly I haven't heard anything about a domestic meeting for early May and a meeting scheduled for early summer in Asia is apparently still on (but I don't think I want to go at this point).
Old Mar 18, 2020, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by Cholula

I, for one, don't plan to stop yukking it up!
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by navi_jen
Baccarat, I'm sorry that your DD is being evacuated. I'm an RPCV myself, so I understand a bit how she is feeling, but so glad she is safe. Was she near her COS date? Is she going to re-up or ET (early termination)? If she ever wants to talk to someone who was abruptly evacuated, I'm happy to lend an ear.

Me, I've had a crappy week. My project is getting cancelled, so I'll soon be back to being employed but not in a confirmed role. Scary times. Oh, and my 401k took a huge bashing this week (I just noticed I'm out of balance in my asset allocations). So, rough week. Though I am enjoying extra Pumpkin snuggles, have a fully stocked food pantry and am enjoying the bing-watching of 30 Rock (for the 1st time ever). So I guess it's not terrible.
Please share the story with us.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 2:41 pm

I've set up my workstation at my dining room table since my desk in my home office is covered with papers I need to sort. The liquor cabinet is in reach of my seat. I've been good so far, but as I reach the end of day three of WFH, I'm not sure how much longer I can resist the temptation.
SoroSuub1 likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 2:45 pm

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Please share the story with us.
Which one? I have so many

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.