Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2020, 7:07 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by kipper
Happy Thorsday Eve!
I woke up thinking it was Saturday, so I was confused as to why Mrs. P wasn't there. She even said goodbye when she left for work, but I wasn't processing as I was waking up.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
They are encouraging it, but he'd much prefer how it is right now--he's the only one in the office.
I do tend to enjoy working the week between Christmas and New Years for that reason - a good time to work with minimal distractions and catch up on tedious but mandatory things (and then use my vacation time during other parts of the year). I was going into the office last week but that was more out of necessity than desire since our VPN system is so bogged down - the office was the only place I could get anything done.

Originally Posted by mattp1987
I think Alamo City Golf Trail is still open as of now.
There goes that plan - I'm guessing the latest "Stay-at-home" directive across the SAT metro area means the golf courses are closed down too. We Air Force folks really have nothing to do now.

I finished my last class of ACSC during week one of telework. I think I'm up to 4 TDYs that have been cancelled now although some of them will have to be rescheduled plus my leave to South Africa. We got the same update today about Outlook!
I was going to try to start ACSC last week and knock some of it out but was having difficulty registering to take it because ACSC is converting over to a new platform. I wanted to start too because although I finished my Masters program online about 1 week ago, I'm still in school mode and figured it would be a good time to do DAU.

Originally Posted by jrl767
ditto ... I was booked on my first A220 this morning (SEA-SJC; had planned to attend an alumni event at the Museum of Computing, meet up for happy hour with Zorak and others, and then embark on a couple days of Alaska Airlines MR-ing courtesy of some half-off fare sales early in the year)
The funny part for me is I didn't even realize I'd booked an A220 at first, as I booked via DTS, not DL.com, so no "New Aircraft" headers and I didn't review aircraft types when selecting flights. I was just selecting based on times and being able to get DL and then once I opened up the DL App to select seats realized it was an A220. I don't know how things are shaping out now with the Coronavirus-related schedule changes and what changes will happen going forward but at least I saw the A220 was being used regularly on one of the SAT-DTW flights so I'll (hopefully) have some opportunities to get the A220 in the future since SAT-DTW is a semi-regular route for me, either as O&D or as a place to connect.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 7:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
I woke up thinking it was Saturday, so I was confused as to why Mrs. P wasn't there. She even said goodbye when she left for work, but I wasn't processing as I was waking up.
Yesterday felt like Monday to me.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 1:55 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
I do tend to enjoy working the week between Christmas and New Years for that reason - a good time to work with minimal distractions and catch up on tedious but mandatory things (and then use my vacation time during other parts of the year). I was going into the office last week but that was more out of necessity than desire since our VPN system is so bogged down - the office was the only place I could get anything done.

There goes that plan - I'm guessing the latest "Stay-at-home" directive across the SAT metro area means the golf courses are closed down too. We Air Force folks really have nothing to do now.

I was going to try to start ACSC last week and knock some of it out but was having difficulty registering to take it because ACSC is converting over to a new platform. I wanted to start too because although I finished my Masters program online about 1 week ago, I'm still in school mode and figured it would be a good time to do DAU.

The funny part for me is I didn't even realize I'd booked an A220 at first, as I booked via DTS, not DL.com, so no "New Aircraft" headers and I didn't review aircraft types when selecting flights. I was just selecting based on times and being able to get DL and then once I opened up the DL App to select seats realized it was an A220. I don't know how things are shaping out now with the Coronavirus-related schedule changes and what changes will happen going forward but at least I saw the A220 was being used regularly on one of the SAT-DTW flights so I'll (hopefully) have some opportunities to get the A220 in the future since SAT-DTW is a semi-regular route for me, either as O&D or as a place to connect.
I don't know the details, but Harvard is supposedly letting people follow some of their online courses for free through the middle of the summer, presumably on a purely audit/noncredit basis. You might be able to find something that interests you.
ATOBTTR likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 4:58 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I don't know the details, but Harvard is supposedly letting people follow some of their online courses for free through the middle of the summer, presumably on a purely audit/noncredit basis. You might be able to find something that interests you.
https://www.freecodecamp.org/news/iv...qvGq0jvxlbgsrA
Old Mar 26, 2020, 5:02 am

Old Mar 26, 2020, 7:32 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It's Lockdown Day eve. I wonder how crazy things will be as the deadline approaches.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 12:38 pm

My flight to JNB is in 17 days, and South Africa is closed to travelers from the US (except South Africans returning home who are quarantined for two weeks). I wonder when Delta will cancel my flight.
Old Mar 27, 2020, 5:58 am

Morning and Happy Friyay!
Old Mar 27, 2020, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
My flight to JNB is in 17 days, and South Africa is closed to travelers from the US (except South Africans returning home who are quarantined for two weeks). I wonder when Delta will cancel my flight.
I'm assuming you aren't going to be able to go to South Africa in about two weeks regardless of whether DL operates the flight?
Old Mar 27, 2020, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
I'm assuming you aren't going to be able to go to South Africa in about two weeks regardless of whether DL operates the flight?
Correct, for multiple reasons including the local leave only restriction and the fact that they aren't allowing visitors from the US. I'm not entirely certain, but I think I might have a little more luck getting VS to rebook me on their own metal for the rescheduled outbound if the flight is actually cancelled. See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32210888-post5502.html for more information on my dilemma.
Old Mar 27, 2020, 9:53 am

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Happy indeed
https://nerdbot.com/2020/03/24/chris...8L-IuavTCQ_olQ
Old Mar 27, 2020, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by navi_jen
Hmmm, thank you for that!
Old Mar 27, 2020, 5:41 pm

Not happy. MN stay-at-home starts just before midnight today.
Old Mar 27, 2020, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Not happy. MN stay-at-home starts just before midnight today.
Good luck. I've gone out a couple of times this week for grocery shopping or to visit my grandfather. I went to a computer store today to try and get my laptop fixed, but they said because of "the situation" it would take 1-2 weeks. I'll just wait until this blows over and have a technician come here.

Happy weekend!

-J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.