Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2020, 7:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Not good?
Old Mar 17, 2020, 7:59 am

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Not good?
Never good until after 12 PM.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 8:34 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I feel the same way, but if we're using local time, I would set the bar at about 2 pm.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I feel the same way, but if we're using local time, I would set the bar at about 2 pm.
I figure 12 PM is fair. It's 9 AM Pacific.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
It's 11am here and I've been up since 6:30. Every Tuesday this month I've been getting up early! Today is to receive a hospital bed for my grandfather, who is coming home this evening. The delivery window was 9am-noon and I'm still waiting.

After this I will go home and take a nap, go to the hospital for a bit, and then attend class tonight.

-J.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 10:23 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by kipper
Morning, Lounge!
Good afternoon! Things are somewhat surreal in London. Thankfully, we finally got my daughter evacuated. Both of the charter flights for them (Peace Corps) failed to arrive over the past two days. Thankfully, we got permission and were able to get her on the (very infrequent) last nonstop flight out this morning. All the best, since the charter was going to take them back to Washington, DC and then she would have had to fly back to LHR.

I guess, one day at a time. But, most of us are together.
GW McLintock likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 10:40 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
One of our favorite Latin American restaurants here (with locations both in my neighborhood and the next one over) is offering delivery of sangria. I am looking forward to drinking it and supporting them!

-J.
I was just texting my friend in NYC about an article I saw that said Gov Cuomo is allowing takeout/delivery of alcohol from restaurants that have on-premises licenses. His wife is under quarantine after treating a patient who was found to have COVID-19 three days after she treated them.

It's 11am here and I've been up since 6:30. Every Tuesday this month I've been getting up early! Today is to receive a hospital bed for my grandfather, who is coming home this evening. The delivery window was 9am-noon and I'm still waiting.

After this I will go home and take a nap, go to the hospital for a bit, and then attend class tonight.

-J.
Wishing all the best for a speedy recovery to both of your grandparents! I hope your family is doing their best to self-isolate the rest of the time if they’re frequently visiting or helping to care for them.

Originally Posted by baccarat_king
Good afternoon! Things are somewhat surreal in London. Thankfully, we finally got my daughter evacuated. Both of the charter flights for them (Peace Corps) failed to arrive over the past two days. Thankfully, we got permission and were able to get her on the (very infrequent) last nonstop flight out this morning. All the best, since the charter was going to take them back to Washington, DC and then she would have had to fly back to LHR.

Glad she got home safely and good to hear from you! I didn’t realize you’d relocated from Amsterdam.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 10:42 am

-J.
Glad he is coming home.

Glad she got home!
Old Mar 17, 2020, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Thanks for the kind wishes. It's just about 1pm and there's still no bed.

I just saw your post... very happy she made it out!

-J.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 11:39 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by mattp1987
Glad she got home safely and good to hear from you! I didn’t realize you’d relocated from Amsterdam.
It's been about 3.5 years since we moved to London. I mostly avoid FT these days, since I find it to be quite unfriendly. And well, we all have too much angst in our life already. I also happen to ADMIN a rather large BAEC Gold++ FB group.

Glad she got home!
Thanks!

I just saw your post... very happy she made it out!
Lots of fun #AvGeek logistics!

Thanks!
Old Mar 17, 2020, 12:52 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
I figure 12 PM is fair. It's 9 AM Pacific.
Yes, noon is the magic hour. After that I just read that 9 AM is pathetic.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by Howste
Yes, noon is the magic hour. After that I just read that 9 AM is pathetic.
On the topic of time, I need a nap.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 2:45 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Is anyone in this thread still traveling?
FL governor closed all bars and nightclubs at 5pm today and restaurants are only allowed 50% capacity.

Beaches are at the discretion of the county but am sure if too many violate the 10 max rule they will be closed as well.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
saw something in my newsfeed a couple hours ago that KLM is accelerating the retirement of their last 744s from next year to the end of this month ... will try to find the link
AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 8:44 pm

I understand but we miss you around here.

BTW, where was the daughter? I seem to have missed some earlier post......and I assume that trying to go first to the USA and then to the UK could have been a real mess with travel bans starting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.