Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

MSP F/G SkyClub Upgrades and New Club (consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MSP F/G SkyClub Upgrades and New Club (consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2020, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Q Shoe Guy
Will any of these new/refurbished lounges have showers ?
The new club on G is supposed to have showers.
worldwidedreamer likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by ty97
I was in the F/G club yesterday (thanks to the employee out front of the usual entrance providing me directions). I commented to the check-in agent that the club had just been renovated within the past couple of years so I was surprised by the construction. She told me the C was going to be renovated next and that a new club (with sky deck) was coming to the other end of G. (no timeline discussed about any of this, and this forum may already know all about this)
New club down the G gates with a Sky Deck should open in 2022. Other two clubs should be renovated within the next year or so.

https://thriftytraveler.com/delta-wi...-paul-airport/
Old Feb 27, 2020, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jrkmsp
The new club on G is supposed to have showers.
What baffles me is why when they renovated the toilets they couldn't add showers ? And if the only showers are in G , seemingly many of my connections are in C and D from international . Even if they had a couple of showers at the present F club and C club it would be great.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 8:05 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Q Shoe Guy
What baffles me is why when they renovated the toilets they couldn't add showers ? And if the only showers are in G , seemingly many of my connections are in C and D from international . Even if they had a couple of showers at the present F club and C club it would be great.

Even if they add showers, they are not usually in the bathroom. They are in a couple of old NWA clubs like DTW and SEA but in all of the newer clubs they are near but not inside of the restrooms.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Even if they add showers, they are not usually in the bathroom. They are in a couple of old NWA clubs like DTW and SEA but in all of the newer clubs they are near but not inside of the restrooms.
Is SEA an old NWA club? I haven't used the showers there so I haven't noticed, but at DTW they're next to the restrooms, not inside the restrooms.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 9:26 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
Is SEA an old NWA club? I haven't used the showers there so I haven't noticed, but at DTW they're next to the restrooms, not inside the restrooms.
Sorry, I must be confused about DTW.

In SEA, I believe that the Sky Club in the S terminal was a World Club and yes, at least in the Men's restroom there is another door to a shower (which I have also not used). The A club showers are not like this, and they are really nice.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 9:45 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Sorry, I must be confused about DTW.

In SEA, I believe that the Sky Club in the S terminal was a World Club and yes, at least in the Men's restroom there is another door to a shower (which I have also not used). The A club showers are not like this, and they are really nice.
The SEA satellite club is 'old' but 'new' as well. It was on the boarding level and then SEA created the 22 clubs on the floor above. Still back in the NW WorldClub days.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 2:03 pm

Programs: DL DM, IHG Spire, Marriott Platinum, National EE
Article in the Minneapolis Star-Tribune today says the new Sky Club will be 18,000 square feet: Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport moves ahead with baggage claim, ticket lobby remodel - StarTribune.com
Old Jun 28, 2020, 9:10 pm

Programs: DL DM
The F/G renovations have been complete for some weeks. Anyone able to report back on the changes?
Old Jun 28, 2020, 9:12 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond (MM), Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by tardyturtle
The F/G renovations have been complete for some weeks. Anyone able to report back on the changes?
Whole lot of change for naught in my opinion. Check-in is moved to 2 kiosks on the right just past the entrance. The old check-in counters were changed to bench seating behind a "fancy" wall. I wish they'd stop shutting the clubs down for these minor changes and focus on better food and drink.
Old Jun 29, 2020, 12:41 am

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
I always go to the C club since I like the space better, less crowded and still not too hard to get to the usual high G gates where the LAX flights tend to depart from. Looks like a great plan for the upgrades, if and when they happen.

The PGA lounge for PP, I would often go only for the ~$11 credit voucher you could use at a few places like French Meadow and get some usually lunch for my next day, then head to the SC since I have a lifetime membership. Last time I was there last Fall/early Winter, I remember they mentioned that they were getting their own food so I assumed buh-bye voucher.

Any word on how COVID affected this all? I've heard DL say they were going to use the downturn to speed up the LAX T3 & head house demo/rebuild but haven't seen any specifics about if it's actually happening, but possibly pushing up the new LAX terminals up by two years....PLEASE PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE!!
Old Jun 29, 2020, 12:44 am

Programs: Delta Diamond (MM), Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
I always go to the C club since I like the space better, less crowded and still not too hard to get to the usual high G gates where the LAX flights tend to depart from. Looks like a great plan for the upgrades, if and when they happen.

Any word on how COVID affected this all? I've heard DL say they were going to use the downturn to speed up the LAX T3 & head house demo/rebuild but haven't seen any specifics about if it's actually happening, but possibly pushing up the new LAX terminals up by two years....PLEASE PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE!!
C has been closed since C-19 to accelerate the refurbish of it last I heard.
Old Jun 30, 2020, 1:32 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
I was in MSP Monday morning on a MCI-MSP-BWI itinerary The E-175 from MCI parked at C5, and the 319 to BWI left from C2. When I was at MSP 7 weeks ago, the flights I was on used the end of the F concourse.

Also, there were probably 20x as many people in MSP today as I saw in early May. The SkyClub had a decent crowd in the 10 am hour.
Old Jun 30, 2020, 12:33 pm

Was here today for an early morning departure. I saw 6 other people total - and 3 were Delta lounge employees. The renovations were simple but much-needed - especially the bathrooms, which now look great. Then again, anything is better than the old high school bathroom setup from before.

Breakfast options were all prepackaged - cereal, fruits, DIY oatmeal, boiled eggs in small containers, etc.
NOLAnwGOLD likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2020, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Does the C club still have a self-serve bar? Or is it bar service now? Not sure if G club is still bar service with Covid; can anyone comment?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.