Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

MSP F/G SkyClub Upgrades and New Club (consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MSP F/G SkyClub Upgrades and New Club (consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2020, 9:51 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It has fireplaces, cubicles, and still a bit of the old PMNW classy "backwoods/far north" furniture in black leather and cream tones. It's much better than the ice blue, white plastic, and chrome decor with fake plush velvet of the F/G SC that has long looked much more beat up and worn, almost from the first day.
Plus pour your own drinks (if you like that - which I do).
Old Feb 25, 2020, 3:24 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by CarmenOM
The simplest way to get to the F-G SkyClub will be to take the skybridge that is near your C-14 arrival gate. The skybridge goes to G so you can then just follow G down to the SC entrance shown in the photo above. It will be just past a Caribou Coffee. You can also take the tram and then walk down the main mall to G

I expect you know that there is also a SkyClub near C-12, close to your arrival gate. It tends to be less crowded and looks out on a runway, whereas the F-G club looks out on nothing.
I have most often gone to C simply bc I get MSP going home rather than on the outbound.
However, I see the logic of using C SC this time and perhaps they can point me to the best route to reach my departure gate which is now G3. Also, my arrive gate has moved to C22.

Last edited by Xeno; Feb 25, 2020 at 8:24 am
Old Feb 25, 2020, 10:25 am

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
It has fireplaces, cubicles, and still a bit of the old PMNW classy "backwoods/far north" furniture in black leather and cream tones. It's much better than the ice blue, white plastic, and chrome decor with fake plush velvet of the F/G SC that has long looked much more beat up and worn, almost from the first day.
I was in the F/G club yesterday (thanks to the employee out front of the usual entrance providing me directions). I commented to the check-in agent that the club had just been renovated within the past couple of years so I was surprised by the construction. She told me the C was going to be renovated next and that a new club (with sky deck) was coming to the other end of G. (no timeline discussed about any of this, and this forum may already know all about this)
Old Feb 26, 2020, 11:16 am

From last night...

Was told 2 months for the front to be completed.

This was the normal 'F' entrance at about 9pm Tuesday the 25th. Don't know exactly what they are changing/updating, but heard there will be some sort of coffee machine/station there.

Last edited by TommyD2; Feb 26, 2020 at 11:19 am Reason: update
Old Feb 26, 2020, 3:20 pm

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Sky Club
Given the investment for the new entrance, I'm assuming they're going to keep this club even after the new one is constructed at the other end of G? Will the C club remain open as well?
Old Feb 26, 2020, 7:44 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
From what I have heard, the C and the F/G clubs will both remain open after the new one is built, giving MSP three SkyClubs.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 8:16 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
Originally Posted by nogophers
Given the investment for the new entrance, I'm assuming they're going to keep this club even after the new one is constructed at the other end of G? Will the C club remain open as well?
From what I have heard, the C and the F/G clubs will both remain open after the new one is built, giving MSP three SkyClubs.
Xeno and volabam like this.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 8:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Is it actually open? I've never noticed signs of lounge construction in that area, although it's been a while since I had a departure from a high G gate.

BTW, some people who can't access Escape (or the SCs) might want to try the PGA lounge. It's PP and located on the mezzanine lounge across the E concourse from Escape but cannot be accesses using the same stairs/elevator as the Escape lounge.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 8:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by TommyD2
From last night...

Was told 2 months for the front to be completed.

This was the normal 'F' entrance at about 9pm Tuesday the 25th. Don't know exactly what they are changing/updating, but heard there will be some sort of coffee machine/station there.
If this is the F entrance, are the lavatories closed again?
Old Feb 26, 2020, 8:37 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
The lavs are not closed.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by ekozie
There’s also the PGA Lounge at the end of the mall, near the E concourse.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 8:58 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
There’s also the PGA Lounge at the end of the mall, near the E concourse.
Considering the F&B offerings (or lack thereof), does anyone really consider that lounge viable?
Old Feb 26, 2020, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by ekozie
Considering the F&B offerings (or lack thereof), does anyone really consider that lounge viable?
Since it’s listed as the PP option, I get asked for its location fairly often when I am volunteering at MSP.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 9:07 pm

If this is the F entrance, are the lavatories closed again?
As mentioned, lavs are open and, at least the men's, is updated/refurbished.

[No pics from there though ]
Old Feb 27, 2020, 12:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Will any of these new/refurbished lounges have showers ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.