Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

MSP F/G SkyClub Upgrades and New Club (consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MSP F/G SkyClub Upgrades and New Club (consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2019, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by WWads
Especially when PP often gives enough credit for a full meal and a drink.
Not at MSP. The only PP lounge is the PGA club where you get a 15 dollar voucher good at a couple of restaurants. 15 bucks is not going to cover a meal and an alcoholic beverage at airport prices. The $28 that priority pass gives at most restaurants is sufficient although it annoys me to no end that I can't use any of the $28 for a tip.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
So it's not an expansion but rather a third SC in a totally different location.

It reminds me of the time when MSP had IIRC four PMNW WCs, with a couple of them being tiny rooms without many amenities.
I remember the situation at LGA D shortly after the merger, with two SkyClubs practically touching. Almost nobody could find one of them (take an immediate hard left/partial U turn after Security Theater).
Old Mar 18, 2019, 10:09 pm

Programs: DL - PM, (NW - Plat), AA - Gold, Marriott - Plat, Avis - First
Good. The amount of G-G connections these days at the upper end its a hike down to the F Club or over the the C12 club.

I have always liked the C12 club and the various rooms and types of workspaces, and the views outside. Its always far more calm and quiet than the other clubs.

The F clubs stinks, its overcrowded, the seating sucks, lacks privacy, all you hear are other peoples' phone calls, the worstations too close together. Its a horrible design.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 11:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
I always thought the C club was much nicer.
ND76 likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 4:54 am

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
I always thought the C club was much nicer.
here are the signs for the new G17 club with showers and deck plus new bathrooms and an expansion towards the roadway in the F/G club. That’s all good news.

jrkmsp likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 4:56 am

Originally Posted by jrkmsp
I don't know if we can say for certain that the F/G SkyClub will remain after the G17 location opens. But it does seem somewhat unlikely that there would be no SkyClub in the main mall vicinity.
I just heard from the SC Manager here that the F/G and C will remain open after the G17 club opens
Old Mar 19, 2019, 6:17 am

Programs: DL Diamond 2MM, AA ExPlt
Just saw the sign. This is needed... particularly out there.
Although if this goes like the other airport construction, we will be waiting a long time. Work not yet started.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 8:17 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
wow! That looks beautiful! SO glad to see they are not using the same design everywhere and instead giving some unique look to different clubs. The dark colors are a good idea for that climate where they will add a feeling of warmth during cold winters.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
What’s the projected open date? About time MSP get showers.
worldwidedreamer likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 1:27 pm

I heard that they are starting this summer. So 2020 late maybe
Old Mar 19, 2019, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by gruntermen
Not at MSP. The only PP lounge is the PGA club where you get a 15 dollar voucher good at a couple of restaurants. 15 bucks is not going to cover a meal and an alcoholic beverage at airport prices. The $28 that priority pass gives at most restaurants is sufficient although it annoys me to no end that I can't use any of the $28 for a tip.
I can see they don't want to pay your friend a $20 tip on a $5 drink every time you fly. Also, I'm sure they get a big discount from the restaurants.
Old May 13, 2019, 11:30 am

Changes to the C club coming as well.

Just saw this.
Old May 13, 2019, 11:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM
Originally Posted by puck021
Just saw this.
That was probably my favorite club in the system (along with DTW B/C). Shame to see the loss of self-serve drinks and those well-divided seating areas.

Are there any other lounges in the system left in the old Northwest design (other than the DTW lounges)?
Old May 13, 2019, 11:59 am

I think that’s it
Old May 13, 2019, 12:00 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by SFTNYC
Are there any other lounges in the system left in the old Northwest design (other than the DTW lounges)?
The KLM/Air France lounge at SFO intl terminal is basically still the old NWA lounge. It was basically untouched until a couple years ago, and now they've put in some new furniture, but most of it is still in tact.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.