Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

MSP F/G SkyClub Upgrades and New Club (consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MSP F/G SkyClub Upgrades and New Club (consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2023, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL GOLD, IHG LIFE PLAT, BONVOY'ED GOLD
Just saw some photos from Zach Griff on twitter, lounge looks stunning, once again another case of delta outdoing itself with every new lounge

ebayj and Minnyappleus like this.
Old Apr 18, 2023, 2:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Looks like an amazing club. Saw the photos Zach posted as well as some more on the Delta News hub. Looks like my next trip to MSP is going to be much better!
Minnyappleus likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2023, 2:44 pm

Programs: Delta PM
No showers
cmd320 likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2023, 3:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL GOLD, IHG LIFE PLAT, BONVOY'ED GOLD
Just looked at some more photos, and first off, the lounge looks beautiful and I can't wait to see it, but as nice as the lounge looks, it looks so tight with just how many seating options there are. Almost as if they plopped a chair down at any single open square inch.
Old Apr 19, 2023, 6:25 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by itripreport
Just looked at some more photos, and first off, the lounge looks beautiful and I can't wait to see it, but as nice as the lounge looks, it looks so tight with just how many seating options there are. Almost as if they plopped a chair down at any single open square inch.
Yeah, it’ll be interesting to see what it’ll be like once you add in peoples baggage.
Old Apr 19, 2023, 8:06 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles Diamond Medallion, Delta Amex Reserve, Marriott Rewards Silver, HH Diamond, IHG Spire
So far so good. Food is nice, and lots of extra people around today from Delta - as would be expected. The sky deck area is nice and will be great when the weather is nicer and windows are open. Overall I think it’ll be a nice edition to MSP and for time being my go to lounge.
wakesetter93 and Smithwicks70 like this.
Old Apr 19, 2023, 8:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Was on a call with my MSP based client this morning and mentioned the year round outdoor SkyDeck and they laughed
hhdl and pt360 like this.
Old Apr 19, 2023, 8:34 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by whooperatw
So far so good. Food is nice, and lots of extra people around today from Delta - as would be expected. The sky deck area is nice and will be great when the weather is nicer and windows are open. Overall I think it’ll be a nice edition to MSP and for time being my go to lounge.
Was the food any different than the F/G club?
Old Apr 19, 2023, 9:26 am

Programs: Marriot TE, Delta DM, UA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Good to see a gorgeous new lounge opening! I have seen a wild number and length of lines at the F/G lounge and sometimes the C lounge (usually connecting around 1pm-5pm Sunday, and 10am-1pm Friday). I'm going to have to go out of my way Friday or maybe Monday (much longer layover) to check it out.

If anyone has specific questions let me know and I'll try to find out/get pictures for y'all!
Old Apr 19, 2023, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by pt360
Good to see a gorgeous new lounge opening! I have seen a wild number and length of lines at the F/G lounge and sometimes the C lounge (usually connecting around 1pm-5pm Sunday, and 10am-1pm Friday). I'm going to have to go out of my way Friday or maybe Monday (much longer layover) to check it out.

If anyone has specific questions let me know and I'll try to find out/get pictures for y'all!
Are there really no showers? Not a huge deal for me as MSP is home and my shower is just a 10 minute ride away. But it would be a real drag for its premier new lounge at one if it’s major hubs not to have showers.
Old Apr 19, 2023, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by Crossinator
No showers
this is really unbelievable
cmd320 likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2023, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by itripreport
Almost as if they plopped a chair down at any single open square inch.
like the EWR club before they renovated, lol
Old Apr 19, 2023, 1:00 pm

Programs: Delta DM, MM
I was there this am (and got to see it yesterday also). Food is pretty much the same, with extra food items today due to opening day. There are local candy bars from Pearson's, think salted nut roll, peppermint patties and Nut goody bars, which now have a new name that I can't remember. The space is beautiful, really nice views. They are proud of the restrooms, which are very nice. Good seating areas, good flow of people due to the many different areas of seating. Yesterday they had the gelato machine out, and the chocolate and the mango were really good. They will have the machine out in the afternoons and evenings. Staff will rotate between clubs. You need to take the elevator or stairs up to the club, no escalator. Overall, I really enjoyed it.
whooperatw likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2023, 2:30 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM 4MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat Elite, HH Diamond
G18 - Wow

Here now and can I say my 20 years of waiting for a third club in msp have paid off. Located above the concourse with 2 bars and lots of space, this will change the skyclub mentality of MSP. Same food, same beverages, just a lot more spacious and luxurious. Impressive tarmac views and even a small outdoor patio.
DCFlyer0306 likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2023, 7:50 am

Programs: Delta 1 MM, Platinum. Marriott-Hilton Gold
In the Sky Club now. Pretty full but still lots of empty seats. I have a G6 gate today and had to make the long walk to end of G gates to access the lounge. Having looked at it, I probably will go back to using the F/G gate Sky Club which will now be less full. Not worth coming so far. The work desks are plenty and work both for work and relaxing. The work table is a bit small though.
https://imgur.com/a/xZYuunG

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.