Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

MSP F/G SkyClub Upgrades and New Club (consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MSP F/G SkyClub Upgrades and New Club (consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2023, 9:16 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Smithwicks70
Anyone encountered the line “We cant open the outside spaces because of the current flight pattern” at the new G Club? That’s the explanation the bartenders gave this morning.

What in the world?? I can't fathom what that would mean.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by jdrtravel
What in the world?? I can't fathom what that would mean.
it means if planes are landing or taking off it is closed. 😳
Old Apr 27, 2023, 8:08 pm

Programs: DL PM
They were taking off and landing from 30L that morning. Perfect spot to view landings.

Quite a few people asked to go outside. Let’s at about 8am and it still hadn’t opened.
Old Apr 30, 2023, 11:46 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Was just in the lounge for the first time today, even though I was flying out of concourse D, I wanted to check it out. It's very nice. I arrived at 9am on Sunday and there was plenty of space. I really like the large variety of seating options, including that many seats were at tables where it was easier to use a laptop. The bathrooms were extremely nice.

Last edited by jdrtravel; Apr 30, 2023 at 8:42 pm
Old Apr 30, 2023, 12:32 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Gelato is awesome. No way they keep those machines working though. Not even McDonald’s can keep machines like those going.
Old Apr 30, 2023, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by DLASflyer
Gelato is awesome. No way they keep those machines working though. Not even McDonald’s can keep machines like those going.
I'll be there in a few days, so I can see how the new gelato compares with (my old memories of) the similar stuff NW had in its clubs here.
Old May 17, 2023, 6:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA1K B6 Mosaic 1, Amtrak Select, Marriott Plat , AMEX Plat (noted for club access reference)
Any update as to if the outdoor seating is open or still using flight paths as an excuse?
Old May 17, 2023, 8:53 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC, CLEAR
Originally Posted by theboss7593
Any update as to if the outdoor seating is open or still using flight paths as an excuse?
Outdoor space was open on Saturday when I flew through. Planes taking off and landing constantly, amazing views. I suspect this might have been a staffing issue vs. anything to do with the airport.
Smithwicks70 likes this.
Old May 17, 2023, 9:42 pm

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by Mhyduchak
Outdoor space was open on Saturday when I flew through. Planes taking off and landing constantly, amazing views. I suspect this might have been a staffing issue vs. anything to do with the airport.
Thanks for the update! Was either the windows or sky lights opened yet?
Old May 17, 2023, 10:11 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC, CLEAR
Originally Posted by TheLifeOfA_NKCM
Thanks for the update! Was either the windows or sky lights opened yet?
windows were closed but the part of the deck that’s actually outside was open with skylight, was even raining and folks were still outside on the deck. Very good space.
Old Sep 24, 2023, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Second visit to the new G SkyClub on Friday (also visited in July) and it was just as enjoyable as the first. It’s a really nice club.

Arrived about 645pm and no line, despite being pretty busy, the layout with 2 different bars spread out actually made it never feel remotely close to capacity.

Great night for sitting outside.

One thing to note, the G18 SkyClub for some reason doesn’t show how busy it is in the DL App even though the F/G one does
Old Nov 20, 2023, 7:49 am

I'm not traveling much these days but had the pleasure to visit the new club. I had two layovers at MSP and for the first leg I decided to visit the old F club since it was close. The check in gals told me I should go to the new one in G but I passed.

Anyway, on my return leg I decided to make the trek to the end of G. It is a trek if you're not flying out of G but it is WORTH IT. Don't expect The Pier in HKG but still very nice! I was able to sit outside on the patio in November in MSP in a t-shirt. The bathrooms were really clean and modern with floor to ceiling stalls along with green and red lights to indicate if they're in use. Each sink had it's own hand dryer. Lots of the doors throughout had a waive to open system.

I took a couple laps around the club to get a feel for the layout but spent most of the time on the outdoor patio.

I've also seen people ask in here about the main skylight in the bar. According to the bartender, it was designed to be opened but "it never will" and she said it was sore subject I guess....
FabCW likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 5:08 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Here at G - even though it’s a long walk from my F gate, they did a great job with this club. Really impressed with all the new clubs Delta has introduced this year
Old Apr 9, 2024, 11:47 pm

Programs: DL DM
Showers at any MSP Clubs?

Perhaps not the best thread to ask in, but saw it pop up tonight so figured I’d ask:

Do any of the Skyclubs at MSP offer showers? I’m not seeing any listed on the app, and my past visits to the F/G club and C club in MSP I haven’t noticed any, but then again haven’t looked either. I have an overnight flight in June from ANC-MSP connecting to MCI where a shower would be great on arrival to hit the ground running in MCI. Not a huge deal if not, but would be nice!
andrewk829 likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 2:45 pm

Programs: DL, Starwood, SWA, United. RIP NWA.
Unfortunately, no. The new G Club was built without showers, although The Points Guy reports that they might be part of a "future remodel." Huh.
GagaPilot likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.