Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

What (nonstop) route do you wish Delta would really have?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2019, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Unionruler
SEA - BKK, HKG and/or MNL
ATL - MAO
LAX - LIM and/or SCL
LAX - MIA
Unfortunately not, they tried SEA-HKG and it didn't workout so well. So now, CX is takeover by replace DL.

How about expanding more specific new routes from PHX?

PHX-SAN
PHX-LAS
PHX-FLL
PHX-BOS
PHX-RDU
PHX-MCO
PHX-IND
PHX-AUS
Old Apr 25, 2019, 5:24 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVP Gold
What I really would love, is JFK-BUD

The route is served by LO (Star alliance) 4 times weekly.
AA flyes there daily from PHL.
SkyTeam has no flights to BUD yet, and Delta really should try it. Their PRG route is already very profitable in the region.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by e30st

SkyTeam has no flights to BUD yet, and Delta really should try it. Their PRG route is already very profitable in the region.
Good suggestion, though I would prefer a Delta flight from ATL or JFK or really anywhere in the US to VIE. It’s very difficult to fly SkyTeam from US to VIE, only options are to fly Air France through CDG or KLM through AMS which are not ideal transit airports IMO.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 9:20 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
lnk-mco
slc-pvg
Old Apr 26, 2019, 5:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by e30st

Delta did try BUD, among the other destinations added in the 2006-2007 '767s to everywhere' TATL expansion. Not too many of those routes survived. Kiev, Bucharest...

https://news.delta.com/delta-%E2%80%...ls-new-flights
strickerj likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 6:32 pm

Programs: Priority Club Pl, Marriot Gold, Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by ethernal
This truly is a wish-list... Evening ignoring the economics of it, the only flight Delta might be able to operate is MSP-SIN on one of its 772LR - although these flights would often have to fly payload restricted if winds were not favorable. ATL and DTW are both out of the range of any of Delta's fleet (assuming Delta wanted to fly the plane more than half full anyways). The only plane in the world capable of operating non-ferry service ATL-SIN would be an A350-900ULR - and even that would have to have a very premium cabin heavy configuration (Airbus's published 9,700 nmi range is very, very optimistic and ATL-SIN is 8700 nmi).

For comparison, the world's longest route is SIN-EWR on Singapore Airlines's A350-900ULR at 9,521 statute miles. SIN-ATL is 9,963 statute miles. The flight from SIN would be just shy of 20 hours long nonstop.
Yes it is unlikely but it it is our wish. Since my origin is TPA, the bottom line is that I would like a one stop (with a 2 or 3 hour connection) TPA-SIN. Delta could buy some longer range planes like Singapore Airlines did.
We are flying TPA-DTW-NRT-SIN in D1 next week and it would be less tiring to have just one connection instead of two.

Perhaps I wouldn't like the fare for a one stop flight though. Yesterday, I checked UA's price for TPA-SFO-SIN in October 2019 (return in 2020) and it was more than $10,000 per business class seat. I also checked Delta's price for TPA-DTW-NRT-SIN for D1 with the same dates and it was about $5300 per passenger. I would only want to pay $1000 or $2000 extra for a one stop trip.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 6:56 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, NEXUS
Which routes do you wish Delta/KLM served?

I've been wanting DEN to have direct flights to AMS (whether through Delta or KLM) because I'd love to be able to fly to my hometown in the Middle East through AMS instead of FRA or LHR and still be able to do it in a true one-stop through KLM (DEN-AMS-DMM). Flights through FRA have to stop in KWI for an hour where we'd be stuck in a plane for a whole hour before it goes to DMM and it's the same for DEN-FRA-BAH where the flight from FRA lands in RUH for an hour.

BA isn't as feasible because the connection times are either too short or too long. They're only going to start serving DMM this December, but it'll stop in BAH first.

I know DEN-AMS probably isn't attractive given that SLC, DFW, MSP and ORD, which aren't too far from DEN. But to me it's still a pain needing to do 2 stops, which I've had to resort to a couple of times. DEN generally needs more international flights and I know United would probably be able to put up a DEN-AMS route, but that hypothetical flight wouldn't help me out since AMS-DMM would be on KLM and a separate ticket.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
There was a thread a few months back discussing this topic. It got quite a bit of responses.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 9:46 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, NEXUS
I'd appreciate it if this got merged with it if it's relevant to it.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 10:22 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
LNK-MBS
Old Jun 20, 2019, 11:08 pm

Programs: DL PM, Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
we just got the LAS-AMS flight so I am just hoping it sticks around
Old Jun 20, 2019, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium

Includes Hope's for some partner routes also. V
Old Jun 21, 2019, 9:27 am

Programs: AS MVPG 100K, DL DM, UA Gold, & Marriott Ambassador
BOI-JFK would be great!
Old Jun 21, 2019, 9:29 am
Suspended

Programs: Hertz platinum, Bonvoy titanium , Delta flying colonel/platinum/MM, retired old men board member
Chicago to anywhere but ATL or Salt Lake
Old Jun 21, 2019, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by knownothing
Chicago to anywhere but ATL or Salt Lake
Wish granted! DL has non-stop flights from Chicago to SEA, CVG, MSP, DTW, RDU, JFK, and LGA, in addition to ATL and SLC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.