Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

What (nonstop) route do you wish Delta would really have?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What (nonstop) route do you wish Delta would really have?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2023, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by spin2nd
YOW to literally anywhere east of the Mississippi. The WestJet connections to Toronto and Calgary are untennable from a schedule and price position (and often can't be booked via DL). The 2h drive over from YUL is great in the summer, but not worth it the rest of the year. CRJ is fine...just get me there.
If you are talking about the CRJ-200s, that's not going to happen as DL has now formally eliminated them from the DL Connection carrier fleets (only EAS routes remain and those are getting upguaged on Oct 9th).

Last edited by xliioper; Aug 28, 2023 at 12:35 pm
Old Aug 28, 2023, 6:53 pm

Programs: Hub Captive Club
Originally Posted by xliioper
If you are talking about the CRJ-200s, that's not going to happen as DL has now formally eliminated them from the DL Connection carrier fleets (only EAS routes remain and those are getting upguaged on Oct 9th).
Nah, I mean anything they make. Doesn't have to be mainline was my point...it's the capital of the country next door, c'mon! lol.
Old Sep 22, 2023, 2:40 am

Strangely, Delta is selling direct flights between PIT-SLC on November 3rd and November 5th only. No other dates. Does anyone know why that's happening?
Old Sep 22, 2023, 4:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by m907
Strangely, Delta is selling direct flights between PIT-SLC on November 3rd and November 5th only. No other dates. Does anyone know why that's happening?
BYU plays West Virginia University on Nov 4th. BYU fans travel well and PIT is the closest major airport to WVU so I have to believe these flights were added in primarily for BYU fans going to and from the game.
RobertS975 and m907 like this.

Last edited by ATOBTTR; Sep 22, 2023 at 4:37 am
Old Sep 22, 2023, 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
BYU plays West Virginia University on Nov 4th. BYU fans travel well and PIT is the closest major airport to WVU so I have to believe these flights were added in primarily for BYU fans going to and from the game.
Does Delta do that sort of thing regularly? I've heard of it with Allegiant but not Delta.
Old Sep 22, 2023, 11:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by m907
Does Delta do that sort of thing regularly? I've heard of it with Allegiant but not Delta.
https://news.delta.com/delta-adds-se...ities-ces-2023
m907 likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2023, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
With the SkyClub access changes, I really want DL to bring back DAY-MSP. MSP has one of my favorite Priority Pass lounge options: the PGA Lounge, where you can use your Priority Pass credit for playing on the golf simulators during your time at the lounge. Right now, a connection in MSP will still mean going to CVG or CMH which I'm becoming less inclined to do as I move towards free agency. DAY-MSP would be a welcome return so I can utilize the PGA Lounge more easily and get in 18 during my layover.
Old Oct 5, 2023, 11:26 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer

Do ~12 flights a year really mean anything? For the 99% of DL pax who fly this route, a non-stop option isn’t available. If DL were to add MCO-DCA daily again (probably won’t happen with most of the routes listed on here) I would use it very frequently.
This 5 year old post must have tipped the scales in our favor. Delta is brining back MCO-DCA next month with twice daily service (along with MIA-DCA once daily). I have a few trips to/from MCO booked now. What do you think upgrade odds will be on this flight?
Old Oct 6, 2023, 9:41 am

MSP - TUS
Old Nov 6, 2023, 11:30 am

According to this article, the PIT airport authority is pushing for the PIT-SLC route to return.
theorbo and strickerj like this.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 12:33 pm

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
With the SkyClub access changes, I really want DL to bring back DAY-MSP. MSP has one of my favorite Priority Pass lounge options: the PGA Lounge, where you can use your Priority Pass credit for playing on the golf simulators during your time at the lounge. Right now, a connection in MSP will still mean going to CVG or CMH which I'm becoming less inclined to do as I move towards free agency. DAY-MSP would be a welcome return so I can utilize the PGA Lounge more easily and get in 18 during my layover.
I live in Dayton but fly weekly out of CVG due to DAY being reduced to Atlanta 4x daily and LGA 1x. When they Dx'd MSP after covid and then DTW last year, it REALLY limited how frequently i could fly in and out of DAY. Addin back MSP and DTW would really open things up but I assume the demand just wasnt there. As a result, I am > 90% out of CVG, Love me some CVG and the skyclub, but it would be nice to have the local option.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Ryno1234
I live in Dayton but fly weekly out of CVG due to DAY being reduced to Atlanta 4x daily and LGA 1x. When they Dx'd MSP after covid and then DTW last year, it REALLY limited how frequently i could fly in and out of DAY. Addin back MSP and DTW would really open things up but I assume the demand just wasnt there. As a result, I am > 90% out of CVG, Love me some CVG and the skyclub, but it would be nice to have the local option.
I am pretty shocked at how little service DAY gets.
Ryno1234 and m907 like this.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 4:23 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Originally Posted by stein07
MSP - TUS
MSP-TUS used to be a popular NW route.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by RobertS975
MSP-TUS used to be a popular NW route.
Delta hasn't been good to TUS pretty much forever.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.