Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

What (nonstop) route do you wish Delta would really have?

Old Jun 18, 2018, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta - PM , MM; Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Peon

A few times I have to take another carrier than Delta just because it makes no sense not to. There must be others like me, wishing that there was a route from their local airport to somewhere DL has presence.

For me it's SNA-SFO. I have had to do this many times and have to take usually UA or WN. I really dislike Southwest but sometimes there's no option. And all these flights are full.
sdadept and NavierStokes like this.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 11:46 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by tanglin
A few times I have to take another carrier than Delta just because it makes no sense not to. There must be others like me, wishing that there was a route from their local airport to somewhere DL has presence.

For me it's SNA-SFO. I have had to do this many times and have to take usually UA or WN. I really dislike Southwest but sometimes there's no option. And all these flights are full.
DCA-MSY
Adam1222 likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 11:47 am

MSP/OGG
Old Jun 18, 2018, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
SEA-RIC
RICforme likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 11:51 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by tanglin

DCA-MCO

I know they operate the route about 12 days a year (I think on Saturdays in June, July and March), but I've never needed to fly on one of these days and always fly JetBlue instead.
Keith2004 and MCO Flyer like this.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
SMF-DTW and MSP-GSO are former routes that would be at top of my list of both highly useful and not completely unlikely to be added/return.

For things that are unlikely to happen but potentially useful, I'd vote for SMF-CVG, SLC/LAX-GSO, and LAX-CLT.

Internationally, I would also love to see frequency/seasonality increased on some of the LAX-Central American routes, such as LAX-LIR. And selfishly, any service to NZ would be welcomed, maybe SEA-AKL would work on a 2-3 times a week frequency since LAX is already pretty saturated.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 12:08 pm

Programs: Delta PM
GSP-SLC/MSP any one of those would be great.

Just somewhere out west(ish). Stopping in ATL to get to OAK, SAN, or SEA kinda sucks. I'd much rather stop somewhere closer to the middle of the country. LAX or SEA would be fantastic, but not going to happen.
MrFlyRite likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 12:29 pm

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
DTW-ELP - hate having to head to ATL to get to ELP
andrewk829 likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 12:31 pm

Programs: DL DM, PMNW 1MM, DL 1MM
Msp- zrh / str
Flaneurs, becks1 and altabello like this.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 12:31 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Gold
ATL-BOM

Which might be coming soon!

edit: Also ATL-TLV
tanglin and strickerj like this.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 12:35 pm

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
SLC-ELP
Old Jun 18, 2018, 12:36 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
I've got two:

SEA-TPE: Sure, CI is present and a great SkyTeam option out of YVR/LAX, but it would be nice to not have to take a domestic connection to get to Taiwan. And while the KE deal makes it pretty unlikely, I'd love to see the ability to connect onward from TPE on CI to destinations that make sense (Australia, southeast Asia). I'd settle for CI starting SEA-TPE, though...

YVR-LAX: Because I have no intention of flying WestJet.
jj243 and wxman22 like this.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 12:37 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, one-time United Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, Bus Pass
DCA-BOS

waiting for someone from that mega thread to chime in with SEA-HKG

Also, Jfk-HND
CHOPCHOP767 and PABE like this.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 12:45 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Delta Million Miler,Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, Delta Sky Club
BOS to ORD
CHOPCHOP767 likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 12:45 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
I'm assuming we're keeping this in the realm of realistic possibilities and not going to ask for nonsensical stuff like DEN-MDW?

If that's the case, then routes that might actually make sense and would benefit me personally:

MEM-RDU (this was one of the very last routes DL axed when drawing down the hub and it's one of the most popular routes for O/D from MEM that doesn't have a direct flight)
MEM-JFK
MEM-SEA
MEM-SLC
more frequency on MEM-LAX

In general, connectivity to the west coast is abysmal from MEM. There's the 6x/week DL LAX flight, AA recently added a PHX flight (not exactly "west coast" but closer than anything else AA or UA does) and there's sporadic allegiant flights to LAX and OAK.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.