Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

What (nonstop) route do you wish Delta would really have?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What (nonstop) route do you wish Delta would really have?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2018, 11:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Recognizing this is all pie-in-the-sky, some of these are pretty funny.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 1:10 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by pbarnette
Recognizing this is all pie-in-the-sky, some of these are pretty funny.
But to be fair, the question in the title is essentially what route do you wish they flew, not what route do you think makes the most sense for them to add next.

OTOH phrased that way we might as well just list every city pair combination they don't already fly non-stop because over time that's where the thread will end up anyway

... and as long as we're fantasizing I'll throw in SFbay-WAS

If they need more ways to keep the E75s busy, SJC-RNO.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 2:20 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
MCO-PNS would be high on my list. There is no good way to get there either flying or driving.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Travelman64
JFK - KBP (Kiev) - Summer season - Ukraine Intl. Airlines is filling their 777 almost daily providing subpar service,
DL should restart service with a 767 and provide better biz class and reliable service.
I wonder why an US airline doesn't fly to Ukraine!? Um, wonder why... Oh yeah, MH17. I believe US airlines are actually prohibited from even flying through Ukrainian airspace.

Would love YYZ/AUS. Can't tell you how many Medallions I end up seeing connecting in ATL or DTW onto YYZ. My last AUS/YYZ via DTW had 20+ passengers connect. I think basically all the F cabin DTW/YYZ was also on AUS/DTW.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
MCO-PNS would be high on my list. There is no good way to get there either flying or driving.
Silver does MCO-PNS, so there is at least a nonstop flying option.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 9:25 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
On the flip side, there are routes I’m glad DL doesn’t serve. For example, I like that DL doesn’t serve LBB, as it helps minimize the risk I accidentally board a plane there. Ditto for MAF.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 5:09 pm
formerly known as s2kdriver80

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, Amex MR, Chase UR
JFK - OTP

JFK (New York) <--> OTP (Bucharest/Otopeni)

They used to have a direct flight once daily, back in the day.
Insufficient demand unfortunately, and I doubt hardly anyone here at FT flies this route.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 1:54 am

Maybe ATL-DXB will return in 2019 now that Virgin Atlantic is dropping LHR-DXB?
Old Jun 28, 2018, 3:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jiaogulan
Maybe ATL-DXB will return in 2019 now that Virgin Atlantic is dropping LHR-DXB?
The LHR-DXB was timed for local traffic, not US connections, so while I have no idea about ATL - DXB having a chance of coming back I'm pretty sure that decision would be independent of VS cutting LHR-DXB.

I do wonder what VS is going to do with that slot, though, given that it'll have to be replaced with another late evening departure out of LHR making it tricky to use it for a new US flight..
Old Jun 28, 2018, 3:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by taxicabnumber
The LHR-DXB was timed for local traffic, not US connections, so while I have no idea about ATL - DXB having a chance of coming back I'm pretty sure that decision would be independent of VS cutting LHR-DXB.

I do wonder what VS is going to do with that slot, though, given that it'll have to be replaced with another late evening departure out of LHR making it tricky to use it for a new US flight..
Nothing says has to keep it at evening. Slots generally aren't tied to a a set time. Rather once have one then have to request a specific time from the governing body. Just like gates at say ATL, DL is entitled to X gates, they have to request which ones and when they want.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 6:58 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Nothing says has to keep it at evening. Slots generally aren't tied to a a set time. Rather once have one then have to request a specific time from the governing body. Just like gates at say ATL, DL is entitled to X gates, they have to request which ones and when they want.
LHR slots are tied to a specific time.
CPMaverick likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 10:54 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
DTW - BGR

You can only go to LGA/JFK from BGR. Granted, you aren't backtracking, it would be nice to avoid the pit called NYC.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by taxicabnumber

Also the DL/VS JV doesn't cover points beyond the UK.
DL, VS, AF, & KL have applied for one big JV that would change that. https://news.delta.com/delta-air-fra...ic-partnership
Old Jun 29, 2018, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR
DTW - BGR

You can only go to LGA/JFK from BGR. Granted, you aren't backtracking, it would be nice to avoid the pit called NYC.
IIRC, Delta dropped DTW-BGR not too long after it implemented the 750-mile, 2-class plane rule. I guess they didn't see something bigger than a CR2 as viable.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by pbarnette
On the flip side, there are routes I’m glad DL doesn’t serve. For example, I like that DL doesn’t serve LBB, as it helps minimize the risk I accidentally board a plane there. Ditto for MAF.
MAF is useful for a trip to Big Bend NP. MAF is a lot closer than ELP and big parts of the drive aren't particularly scenic either way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.