Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

What (nonstop) route do you wish Delta would really have?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What (nonstop) route do you wish Delta would really have?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2018, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by msp727
This route is always subject to schedule changes and modifications of the seasonal service. I had booked a ticket for MSP-HNL in December, the scheduled equipment was a 777, and then the non-stop schedule frequency changed and I ended up on a MSP-SEA-HNL 757.

I just wish this route was year round and with the same consistent equipment.
If in F/J I would be asking for a reroute to MSP-ATL-HNL at a minimum. If in Y/C+, I’d still probably go for MSP-ATL-HNL not only for the additional MQMs but also to get an aircraft with a 2-3-2 or 2-4-2 config so I could get a window/aisle pair.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 6:23 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
ATL-AKL.

VA is a great partner in Australia but flying from NZ-USA via Australia is very inconvenient. Especially if you need to go beyond the west coast USA.

ATL-AKL could not only make traveling to NZ so much easier, but onward VA connections AKL-Australia (or even AKL-many pacific islands) would be a nice option to avoid LAX.

Last edited by CPMaverick; Sep 22, 2018 at 7:07 pm
Old Sep 22, 2018, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by CPMaverick
ATL-AKL.

VA is a great partner in Australia but flying from NZ-USA via Australia is very inconvenient. Especially if you need to go beyond the west coast.

ATL-AKL could not only make traveling to NZ so much easier, but onward VA connections AKL-Australia (or even AKL-many pacific islands) would be a nice option to avoid LAX.
And to my surprise wouldn’t add much flying in terms of distance. ATL-LAX-SYD is 9,434 miles. ATL-AKL-SYD is only 6 miles longer at 9,440 miles.
CPMaverick and tanglin like this.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta - PM , MM; Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Peon
ATL-AKL.

VA is a great partner in Australia but flying from NZ-USA via Australia is very inconvenient. Especially if you need to go beyond the west coast USA.

This would be a useful route for me also. I travel at least twice a year to NZ and SYD.

Last edited by tanglin; Sep 24, 2018 at 10:36 am Reason: Typo.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by ATOBTTR

And to my surprise wouldn’t add much flying in terms of distance. ATL-LAX-SYD is 9,434 miles. ATL-AKL-SYD is only 6 miles longer at 9,440 miles.
Yes, and in fact ATL-AKL-MEL is shorter than ATL-LAX-MEL. Now that NZ and VA are not partners, VA has started AKL-NTL... if they started AKL-ADL, AKL-PER, etc, then this route would have even more options.

Sadly I think the lack of any possible codeshare partner in NZ will make this a non starter. UA has NZ and AA has QF/JQ... there's nobody left to partner with domestically.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 10:48 am

Programs: DL PM
MSP-JAC needs to be daily during the winter. Wednesday and Saturday doesn't cut it.

MSP-ASE needs more than 1x weekly (Saturday - CR7) in the winter.

GRR-SLC would also be very nice.
altabello likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 11:42 am

ORD-MIA or MDW-MIA
Old Nov 29, 2018, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
ATL-AKL.

With the deferral of A350 deliveries we see what DL thinks of more ULH flying (8,096sm). ATL-AKL isn't going to happen, IMHO.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
ATL-AKL isn't going to happen, IMHO.
I never really thought it would, this is a 'wishing' thread.
Mountain Explorer likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 4:43 pm
Taz

Programs: DL PM
I'm kinda sorta getting my wish.

Allegiant announced that they're adding non-stop GRR-SRQ service. But, no. Just no. There are some things that I just won't do and flying Allegiant is one of them.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 5:53 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, "alum" of high status with UA but not any more
SEA-MSN (Madison, WI)
blitzcon likes this.

Last edited by andrewk829; Nov 29, 2018 at 6:01 pm Reason: Clarity
Old Nov 29, 2018, 6:31 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
RST to SEA (never gonna happen but RST is only 2 miles from my house so I can dream...)
Old Nov 29, 2018, 9:24 pm
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
Happy to see ONT-ATL announced! At least it'll provide another option to get to the east coast for those of us who do business in the eastern LA basin (where LAX really isn't that convenient), especially since SNA-JFK is being dropped.

I'm still waiting for DL to add a flight from OAK to anywhere west of SLC since they dropped the OAK-LAX route. (Would love a route to SEA or PDX!)
Old Nov 30, 2018, 3:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

JFK - SYD (I can dream)
JFK - VIE
JFK - DUS (were nonstops discontinued?)
JFK - GVA
Old Nov 30, 2018, 5:20 am

Since we are wishing and because Santa might be listening: non-stop (or mid-air refuel) FCM - VTZ. For my once-a-year trip. Oh, and I'd love for E+ or C fares under $2,000 because I cannot afford more than that.

(I bet you had to look those codes up )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.