Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

What (nonstop) route do you wish Delta would really have?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What (nonstop) route do you wish Delta would really have?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2018, 8:31 pm

Programs: DL DM; Hyatt Globalist; etc
It'll probably never happen, but I would love any DL service at SBP. UA seems to have been able to make a go of SBP-DEN, which I think is now at twice daily most days (after only launching under a year ago).

SBP-SLC seems the most likely (and would be the most useful for connecting from the east), though I'd take LAX/SEA. As it is today, I usually end up flying to SFO or SJC and driving.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 8:42 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by Duke787
For me it's:

RDU - ORD / MDW (unlikely as per BOS - ORD)
RDU - CLT (no chance)
RDU - AMS (unlikely)
RDU - CHS / HHH / SAV (unlikely)
RDU - Asia (no chance x1000)
RDU - LON (not particularly picky about the specific airport)
RDU - SJC (or even SFO)
Old Jun 18, 2018, 8:43 pm

Programs: Skymiles
ATL-HKG would be nice, purely for business purposes. Was always a pain connecting in Seattle. I guess now it would be either ATL-PVG-HKG or ATL-ICN-HKG.
patthebunny likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
I'd second MSP-GSO as this would be beyond 750 miles (MSP-GSO is 923 miles) and it would at least mean being able to avoid the 50 seat RJs based on DL's internal policy of not using the 50 seaters on routes longer than 750 miles. From the West Coast, I always go via ATL to GSO because DTW is mostly 50 seat CRJs to GSO. I'm sure this factors into DL's calculations about MSP-GSO though.

I'd be happy to see SAT-CVG (DL just brought back AUS-CVG at least, so I will have that option once I move to the SAT area).

Other routes I wouldn't mind seeing:
DTW-HNL
ATL-OGG
SLC-CMH
SEA-CMH
SEA-SAT
DTW-VPS
A non-redeye for SEA-CVG and a more reasonable departure than 7 am for CVG-SEA.
Depending where you'll be living in the S.A. area, it can be only a few minutes longer drive to AUS. Toll 130 from Seguin at 85mph and with basically no traffic makes for a quick drive for those living in the cities NE and Easy of SA. AUS also gets much cheaper fares and more frequency. AUS F can be as cheap as SAT Y.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 8:47 pm

Programs: DL DM PM
DCA-HSV which used to be a route (an expensive one!) that decreased in price with the arrival of some LCC which took the tax benefits, stayed long enough to enjoy them (during which time DCA-HSV on DLwas wonderfully cheap owing to competition) and then left. Unfortunately DCA-HSV on DL did not survive the competition. Same story with HSV-MCO, perhaps with a different LCC and a different year.
patthebunny likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 8:47 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by mindspin_311
ATL-HKG would be nice, purely for business purposes. Was always a pain connecting in Seattle. I guess now it would be either ATL-PVG-HKG or ATL-ICN-HKG.
Won't happen - but if it did, it surprisingly wouldn't be Delta's longest route - it would still be beaten out by ATL<->JNB by about 50 miles.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 9:07 pm

Programs: DL PM, WN, SC, various other programs of lowly status
MSY to anywhere EU or UK
Old Jun 18, 2018, 9:11 pm

Programs: DL - PM
BOI-ATL. It always seems like at least a third of the BOI-SLC or BOI-MSP passengers are connecting to ATL, so I think the route could support a couple of A319’s daily.
PV_Premier likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 9:15 pm

ATL-PSP
Old Jun 18, 2018, 9:19 pm

Programs: DL,EK
SLC-PRG
SLC-HKG (might be hard with the elevation at SLC)
RNO-ATL
Old Jun 18, 2018, 9:39 pm

Programs: Blinged Out
LIT- SLC, MEM-SLC, or MEM-SEA
wrp96 likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 9:42 pm

Programs: DL Plat
FLL-LAX.

DL offers seasonal MIA-LAX which faces fierce competition from AA. Over at FLL they'd be up against B6 NK and AS... but there are only 4 flights a day. Idk, maybe the demand just isn't there but it would certainly benefit me personally
Old Jun 18, 2018, 9:55 pm

Programs: LH, DL
LAX - - ORD / MDW

I didn’t see this posted, perhaps I missed it
Old Jun 18, 2018, 10:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
I'm surprised MEM-SLC isn't operated. Even PMDL operated it before the merger. It was one of the first E170 routes back in 2006.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 10:21 pm

Programs: AA; Delta GM
BNA to...almost anywhere I've tried to book a flight. I always wind up changing planes in Atlanta or Minneapolis. I think I've done one direct flight to my destination, and that was BNA - LAX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.