Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "When does Delta Amex Spend Update"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 29, 2023, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jjl468
MQM bonuses are awarded within a few days of the Amex tracker reporting crossing the threshold

MQD waiver may take up to 2 weeks to update after the MQM spend tracker on the Amex website and is independent of statement dates
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "When does Delta Amex Spend Update"

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2018, 10:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by humaninbrooklyn
Just adding another voice to say that Delta (both the website and app) is not updating my MQD Waiver spend either. Since this thread is starting to appear in Google for various search phrases around the problem, I'm hoping that more people will comment and Delta might see or fix the issue.

Pretty sure it's on Delta because on my member page, it clearly says "Current as of Jan 28, 2018" -- so they haven't updated it in 2 months. I've spent 40k+ this year and I've gotten the miles and bonus miles (for passing 25k spend) on my Delta account (so Amex has definitely reported it to Delta), but my MQD waiver still sits at 3k (which is where it was at on Jan 28).

I'm not flying in the near future, so I'm not in a hurry to play phone tag with Delta and Amex people who can't help me, but wanted to ensure whoever's reading this thread that the problem is a real one
My spend on the DL iphone app says as of March 24th and seems to be correct as of that date, but I'm going to watch for the update on Saturday.

However, it's showing the DM amount but PM bars. I'm a DM with "lifetime" 2MM GM status, but I haven't yet requalified for PM for next year, so 2019 status as GM is correctly shown. Maybe DL is being rerealistically optimistic that I'll spend $250,000 even without the offer of the third 15,000 MQMs at $75,000 (which DL should know that they can incentivize me to attain). DL should also realize from all their big data (it would actually only need little data and not rocket science) that I tend to hit the MQD requirements for DM as well as the AmEx spend waiver, although the waiver hits my account first every year.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 8:26 pm

Ping pong

Originally Posted by flyingmontana
I have been on the phone with Delta and with AMEX all morning trying to figure out why my AMEX card spend has not updated since July 13, 2017. The Delta supervisors tell me it's AMEX's problem, and the AMEX supervisors tell me it's DELTA's problem. I am SO FRUSTRATED. This is a huge waste of time--I'm being passed back and forth between the two companies with each one claiming ignorance and that it's not their job. WHAT IS GOING ON HERE, Delta? I've spent over 10K on my Delta AMEX so far this year, and My Delta is showing 0-1K. I've spend 2 hours on hold now and re-explaining to one idiot after another what the problem is. Even the supervisors seem clueless and confounded. ARRRRGHHH.
I have this same problem. I’ve called Delta & AMEX over and over - they each say its the others problem. Last update was Jan 14th, and ive since soent over $50k. So frustrating. Im out of options.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 11:58 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium, AA PLT for Life
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
My spend on the DL iphone app says as of March 24th and seems to be correct as of that date, but I'm going to watch for the update on Saturday.

However, it's showing the DM amount but PM bars. I'm a DM with "lifetime" 2MM GM status, but I haven't yet requalified for PM for next year, so 2019 status as GM is correctly shown. Maybe DL is being rerealistically optimistic that I'll spend $250,000 even without the offer of the third 15,000 MQMs at $75,000 (which DL should know that they can incentivize me to attain). DL should also realize from all their big data (it would actually only need little data and not rocket science) that I tend to hit the MQD requirements for DM as well as the AmEx spend waiver, although the waiver hits my account first every year.
See this is the part that's insane. I'm also "not yet PM" for next year, but don't have the DM spend bar (despite being well over $75K in at this point). It's super annoying not to be able to track this.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 8:33 am

Programs: Brand loyalty is for suckers
Started a separate thread, then realized this was still an active issue despite being reported as "resolved" last month.

My MQD waiver still hasn't posted, a month after my spend put me over the 25k threshold and several days after the statement closed in which I accomplished the spend. Wouldn't be too antsy otherwise but will be flying DL in ~2 weeks and would like to have status by then. Interestingly, my MQM bonus miles for that spend threshold posted already, so clearly it's not a problem regarding communication between DL and Amex per se.

A little frustrating that this still appears to be an ongoing problem. I also feel like it's highly probable I'll be bounced back and forth between Amex and DL if I try to resolve it by phone.. although as my flight approaches I guess that'll be my only option.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did you have any returns or statement credits?
Old Apr 9, 2018, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by LBJ
Did you have any returns or statement credits?
Nope. >25k in a single transaction, posted and paid in full rather quickly, more than a month ago.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 9:31 am

So still no resolution to this issue? I just got a new Delta Plat and I'm hoping that my MQD will post in a timely fashion.

Btw, are there any issues related to bonus MQM and miles (for the 25k/30k spend on Plat/Reserve) not showing up in a timely manner?
Old Apr 9, 2018, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by Rommie2k6
So still no resolution to this issue? I just got a new Delta Plat and I'm hoping that my MQD will post in a timely fashion.

Btw, are there any issues related to bonus MQM and miles (for the 25k/30k spend on Plat/Reserve) not showing up in a timely manner?
No -- my signup bonus 70K miles posted the next day after the spend, and my 10k/10kMQMs posted the next business day after the statement close. This is how I know there's no problem with the communication between DL and Amex in the broad sense. However, the MQD waiver remains 0-1k.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 12:05 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by OhDoctor
Started a separate thread, then realized this was still an active issue despite being reported as "resolved" last month.

My MQD waiver still hasn't posted, a month after my spend put me over the 25k threshold and several days after the statement closed in which I accomplished the spend. Wouldn't be too antsy otherwise but will be flying DL in ~2 weeks and would like to have status by then. Interestingly, my MQM bonus miles for that spend threshold posted already, so clearly it's not a problem regarding communication between DL and Amex per se.

A little frustrating that this still appears to be an ongoing problem. I also feel like it's highly probable I'll be bounced back and forth between Amex and DL if I try to resolve it by phone.. although as my flight approaches I guess that'll be my only option.
What does your Amex statement say in terms of your progress towards the 25K goal? It is a sentence or two on about the last page of your monthly statement.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 2:24 pm

It doesn't say anything about the spending waiver on my last statement; only my miles earned and MQMs earned for the statement period/year to date.

The very bottom reads:
Congratulations! You have earned a Miles Boostª of 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) by reaching $25,000 in eligible purchases. Earn an additional Miles Boost of 10,000 MQMs by reaching $50,000 in eligible purchases by December 31st. Terms and Conditions apply. Please visit americanexpress.com/deltaplatinum for details.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 2:40 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM

It doesn't say anything about the spending waiver on my last statement; only my miles earned and MQMs earned for the statement period/year to date.

The very bottom reads:
Congratulations! You have earned a Miles Boostª of 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) by reaching $25,000 in eligible purchases. Earn an additional Miles Boost of 10,000 MQMs by reaching $50,000 in eligible purchases by December 31st. Terms and Conditions apply. Please visit americanexpress.com/deltaplatinum for details.
Amex says you reached 25K spend, and the MQMs actually posted to your SkyMiles account. This has to be a Delta problem. Not sure what the magic words are to get to someone who can see the problem and get it fixed for you - perhaps call and ask for the SkyMiles department? Someone else will likely have a better suggestion.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Have you paid off the bill yet? Could be they are now reflecting amount paid rather than simply charged. My last update was March 25th which was my statement close date, but I'm not positive if it reflects spend or the amount of spend that has been paid off.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Rommie2k6

Mine has been updating regularly. It only seems to affect some people, not everyone. Your MQM bonus should show up a day or two after statement close with Plat, and you will be able to gift it to yourself at that point with the Reserve. I've never had issues with this.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by mnbp
Amex says you reached 25K spend, and the MQMs actually posted to your SkyMiles account. This has to be a Delta problem. Not sure what the magic words are to get to someone who can see the problem and get it fixed for you - perhaps call and ask for the SkyMiles department? Someone else will likely have a better suggestion.
Those are my thoughts. I tried to contact Delta today, and YIKES. The wait time for Customer Service simply said "Greater than 2 hours". So, I figured I'd e-mail them, and the auto-response was to wait up to 30 days for a response. I guess I'll call again, put myself on the callback list, and wait for the rest of the evening.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 4:50 pm

So, I got my callback from customer service today. They stated that the spend waiver not updating is an "ongoing IT issue" that they still have not been able to resolve, nor do they have a timetable on when it will be fixed. She did state that if it was close to the date of my flight and the issue was not resolved, I could call and they could manually upgrade me if I'm eligible and would have cleared otherwise. A little dubious about that, but hopeful it all works out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.