Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Ann Coulter's seat involuntary changed; posts angry Delta rant on twitter

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ann Coulter's seat involuntary changed; posts angry Delta rant on twitter

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2017, 6:47 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
This is one of those unique situations where, yes, it's bad that Delta would take a customer out of their pre assigned seat (whatever the reason) but:

1) She previously applauded Uniteds treatment of the doctor, called him a drug addict and called for his deportation
2) Spews vile hate speech and racism
3) Reacted to this in a extremely inappropriate manner by going on her little rant.

Those reasons make me have 0 sympathy for her. Sure....having your seat taken isn't something that should happen to anyone, but there are some people who are just such a disgusting excuse for a human being that it's impossible for me to have ANY sympathy for her.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 7:04 am

Programs: Air France Flying Blue, Altitude SE-100k, AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus, WS rewards, BonVoy Titan
Originally Posted by xolinlevh
This is one of those unique situations where, yes, it's bad that Delta would take a customer out of their pre assigned seat (whatever the reason) but:

1) She previously applauded Uniteds treatment of the doctor, called him a drug addict and called for his deportation
2) Spews vile hate speech and racism
3) Reacted to this in a extremely inappropriate manner by going on her little rant.

Those reasons make me have 0 sympathy for her. Sure....having your seat taken isn't something that should happen to anyone, but there are some people who are just such a disgusting excuse for a human being that it's impossible for me to have ANY sympathy for her.
WOW!!!
Old Jul 16, 2017, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards 2MM, Diner Club points
Originally Posted by bigbuy
She is 6 feet tall, so yeah, she needs the legroom.
I am 6'1" and fit fine in E-. No one "needs" "the legroom"
Old Jul 16, 2017, 7:35 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by james dean
WOW!!!
Hypocritical racist bigots with access to Twitter get 0 sympathy from me....
Old Jul 16, 2017, 8:07 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
Am I the only one wondering what she was doing in Economy to begin with?
why would you wonder that? We have threads in here where people argue whether the price difference in F for given routes is "worth it" all the time.

The thing that is most objectionable about this situation is that she decided that shaming the person who was seated in "her" seat was a worthwile action. That person almost certainly had nothing to do with this and probably had no idea what was going on.

Seems like Ann would fit in fine with a lot of the crew on this board, actually.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 8:11 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by Ruth4325
Not sure about the US but in the UK I think it's against data protection regulations to post an image of a living person without their consent. It would be up to them To complain.
I just loaded up bbc.co.uk, I kinda doubt this is true. There are pictures of a crowd at a football match, and a pic of protestors on a march, I kinda doubt they got permission from all of those people.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 8:33 am

Programs: Delta Silver thanks to Million Miles; Choice Plat., point scrounger everywhere
Originally Posted by rufflesinc
I am 6'1" and fit fine in E-. No one "needs" "the legroom"
They "need" it if the pay extra for it or plan ahead to book a particular seat. No one should have their seat stolen, especially after they have already boarded.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by pvn
The thing that is most objectionable about this situation is that she decided that shaming the person who was seated in "her" seat was a worthwile action. That person almost certainly had nothing to do with this and probably had no idea what was going on.
This. I'm not a Coulter fan at all, but I have no problem with her using her visibility to complain about an airline (or any business) that has done something wrong. But the other passengers likely had nothing to do with it, didn't know what was going on, and don't deserve to have their images plastered all over the internet.

Originally Posted by pvn
I just loaded up bbc.co.uk, I kinda doubt this is true. There are pictures of a crowd at a football match, and a pic of protestors on a march, I kinda doubt they got permission from all of those people.
Most of the time when you buy a ticket to a major event, part of the ticket "contract" is you giving your permission to have your photo taken and used for various purposes. Protestors on a march are in a public space and have no fair expectation of privacy.

But all legality aside, a highly visible personality posting close-up photos of someone in an arguably non-public location without their permission is just poor form. Even at a mostly inconsequential level...suppose one of the guys in the background of the photo was flying to surprise a family member for their birthday or something. Well...there goes that idea for someone who had zero to do with whatever situation some famous person wanted to go off the rails about.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards 2MM, Diner Club points
Originally Posted by Rebelyell
They "need" it if the pay extra for it or plan ahead to book a particular seat. No one should have their seat stolen, especially after they have already boarded.
Well at that point its not "need" but getting what you paid for. Look again at the quote I responded to and take "need" in context
Old Jul 16, 2017, 8:47 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus
Me too. I am surprised she was not in first class
Old Jul 16, 2017, 8:49 am

Whether you are Ann Coulter or not, this practice of changing seats that you paid extra for is annoying and should be stopped.

I paid for my specific C+ seat and it was given away to someone else when there was no one else seated in that row of seats. Why couldn't Delta just seat that person next to me in the row instead of moving me. Not good customer service. Before pushback the FA gave the empty C+ seat away to a very oversized person. In the end that did work out for me anyway but Delta really should stop giving seats away like this.

Last edited by sspontak; Jul 16, 2017 at 9:13 am
Old Jul 16, 2017, 8:55 am

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion& 2 Million Miler; Marriott Titanium Lifetime
That's EXACTLY what i was thinking!! Blah haha! Career must not be doing so well, Ann!

I, for one, was surprised her jail sentence was complete. You see: it seems she was arrested last month in North Carolina.

She tried to use a womens rest room...
Old Jul 16, 2017, 8:56 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Well regardless of your position on Ann Coulter, this is definitely getting a lot of attention this morning. Top story on Yahoo et al (which is why I popped over to see how it was being received over here)
Old Jul 16, 2017, 8:58 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by leiserom
Me too. I am surprised she was not in first class
I'm not surprised.

I remember some elements from her days of dating a Muslim Pakistani-American until he ditched her; and this is her just in keeping in form from even back when she used to fly the shuttle flights, single class of service as those used to be. She has a diverse history of dating, including dating "people of color", sex included. Just goes to show the show goes on and the audience is being played. This time she's playing her audience because she thinks DL did her wrong; and in this instant, it's possible Delta did wrong by her as a passenger and should make it right.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jul 16, 2017 at 9:03 am
Old Jul 16, 2017, 9:00 am

It's impossible to discuss an issue regarding Ann Coulter without her political opinions becoming an issue (as seen in this thread).

But at face value, it seems like rather poor form on DL's part. Given there was another seat on the plane available and the pax had paid for the seat selection, it's hard to explain why the pax's seat was re-assigned. IT mess-up?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.