Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Ann Coulter's seat involuntary changed; posts angry Delta rant on twitter

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ann Coulter's seat involuntary changed; posts angry Delta rant on twitter

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2017, 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by beachmouse
I'll skirt Omni territory and say I wouldn't trust Coulter to follow crew instructions and open an emergency exit if called to do so.

And that given Coulter's reputation among non-Fox News viewers, if they've even heard of her, Delta isn't likely to lose much, if anything, over this.
Hell, I'll be more likely to give my money to businesses who treat this evil wretch of a person poorly. If Delta ever gave her the Dr. Dao treatment, I would never fly another airline ever again
Old Jul 15, 2017, 10:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by MattFLL
Ann Coulter's seat involuntary changed; posts a pic of crew and "seat thief" on twitter

https://mobile.twitter.com/AnnCoulte...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/an...rticle/2628778
Well, they did switch her from the right wing to the left wing...

Last edited by Doc Savage; Jul 15, 2017 at 10:56 pm
Old Jul 15, 2017, 10:55 pm
us2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL
Ann Coulter is one of the few people on the planet who can get people to sympathize with an airline. Think about that.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 10:56 pm

Programs: AA, DL Gold Med , UA, AS, WN, HHonors Silver, Marriott, IHG Rewards Club, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Exactly. 95% of DL passengers live withing 3 miles of of the ATL and PAC coastlines.

Uh... No.

Maybe within 50 miles of a coastline (Atlantic, Pacific, Gulf of Mexico), but definitely not three miles.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 10:57 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Why did she buy a seat in Y? It seems she is worth millions? There is no guarantee on what seat you are given on any carrier. The airline needs to transport the PAX from A-B. That is what she got. Perhaps Ann Coulter will write a book on how Delta Airlines treats "blond" white "journalists" like crum.

Ms. Coulter, grow up.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 10:59 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Set aside your political biases for a moment and try to regard this situation as just another paying passenger who got gobsmacked by some arcane airline policy or fubar misstep.
Yeah I really don't think people's reaction to her has anything to do with political bias. If this had happened to a republican senator or something there would not be this kind of reaction. She has literally built her career not on her conservative credentials but rather on hateful hyperbole that has been very hurtful to many people. She'd be banned from FT for most of what she says. So, when it comes to her trying to call out DL about treating her badly, I think for most people this is a boy who cried wolf moment.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 11:05 pm

Programs: UA/AA
The worst part of this incident is that poor woman whose only offense was getting a seat has her photo tweeted out to 1.6 million nutcases.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 11:10 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by jaymar01
The worst part of this incident is that poor woman whose only offense was getting a seat has her photo tweeted out to 1.6 million nutcases.
I don't know anything about twitter rules, but are there any against the unauthorized posting of people like that?
Old Jul 15, 2017, 11:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by kalderlake
Broom in the shop?
lolol good one.

I don't like her but if I paid extra for my seat then I would hate getting bumped too.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 11:14 pm
us2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL
Exactly. 95% of DL passengers live withing 3 miles of of the ATL and PAC coastlines.

Atlanta, Detroit, Minneapolis, Salt Lake City. None of these is within 3 miles of a coastline and I'm pretty sure that these four cities alone represent more than 5% of Delta's customers.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 11:22 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Originally Posted by us2
Atlanta, Detroit, Minneapolis, Salt Lake City. None of these is within 3 miles of a coastline and I'm pretty sure that these four cities alone represent more than 5% of Delta's customers.
I would throw a pure guess with those hubs it is about 14%. Total guess.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 11:36 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
I'd be pissed too if someone took my seat assignment, especially one I paid for. I don't have millions of followers though.

I'm surprised how many people side with the airline, even knowing what a wicked person Coulter is.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 11:37 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Originally Posted by kettle1
Why did she buy a seat in Y? It seems she is worth millions? There is no guarantee on what seat you are given on any carrier. The airline needs to transport the PAX from A-B. That is what she got. Perhaps Ann Coulter will write a book on how Delta Airlines treats "blond" white "journalists" like crum.

Ms. Coulter, grow up.
*sighs*
Yes, but when airlines turn around and turn seat selection into a revenue stream it's not hard to imagine people getting the wrong idea.

My understanding is that she usually does travel in First...but that's also when she's on a paid trip (e.g. speaking at a fundraiser). When she's not getting an expense account she might be more frugal. Also, my understanding is that she usually/always has a bodyguard present (since there are just enough nuts out there who would try to take a swing at a high-profile, polarizing commentator). There might not have been two seats available in First or it might have been a last-minute booking with lousy rates for the flights that worked for her schedule.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 11:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by kettle1

Ms. Coulter, grow up.
If she paid for a better seat and was moved out of it then she is due a refund and compensation.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Gig103
I'd be pissed too if someone took my seat assignment, especially one I paid for. I don't have millions of followers though.

I'm surprised how many people side with the airline, even knowing what a wicked person Coulter is.
We don't know the full circumstance behind why she lost her seat. Doesn't make it "better" and losing out on a preferred seat for a worse one sucks, no doubt, and she's due some compensation for sure. But operational issues and swaps happen and if the aircraft type or seating configuration changed, she could have lost her seat in the shuffle. The issue is that she's upset but rather how she's going about it, and taking pictures of random strangers and trying to shame them too for it is petty at best.

Delta serves somewhere around 400,000-500,000 passengers a day. I doubt DL is going to look out for the needs of Ann Coulter, especially since if she's paying for preferred seats, she's likely not even an FO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.