Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Ann Coulter's seat involuntary changed; posts angry Delta rant on twitter

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ann Coulter's seat involuntary changed; posts angry Delta rant on twitter

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2017, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
One of Ann's Tweets:
"Does your union hate you, @Delta? Not really worth spending all that money on planes when @Delta gate staff give your seat away."

Guess Ann isn't aware that Delta is one of the least unionized airlines in the US. Only the pilots and dispatchers are unionized, and neither of those employee groups would have been responsible for giving away her seat. Ooooops....
Old Jul 16, 2017, 12:33 am

Programs: BA Silver, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by xolinlevh
I don't know anything about twitter rules, but are there any against the unauthorized posting of people like that?
Not sure about the US but in the UK I think it's against data protection regulations to post an image of a living person without their consent. It would be up to them To complain.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 1:12 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
We don't knoBut operational issues and swaps happen and if the aircraft type or seating configuration changed, she could have lost her seat in the shuffle.
But wouldn't that have happened before she got a boarding pass and was allowed to board and sat in the seat identified on her boarding pass?
Old Jul 16, 2017, 1:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by jphripjah
But wouldn't that have happened before she got a boarding pass and was allowed to board and sat in the seat identified on her boarding pass?
Depends on when she got her boarding pass initially compared to when the equipment sub happened and she may not have known until she got the "beep beep beep" at the scanner at the gate (if that's indeed what happened).
Old Jul 16, 2017, 1:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear

Isn't she in trouble for voting in two states in the same election?
No, I believe you are referring to the incident a few years ago when she voted in the wrong district in Florida (she was registered incorrectly in a neighboring district).
Old Jul 16, 2017, 2:48 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott, Delta, United, AA
I actually saw her on a flight in the past, she was on a transcon also in economy plus. I do kind of see her point here why charge kind of insane prices if that seat isn't going to be available to you.

I am thinking for why she's in coach:
1. Either she is travelling not for work and she's paying so economy plus she really Just wants the legroom, so why pay more

Or

2. She likes the image of being seen in coach , everyday person

She certainly has the money to buy first class, I think it's the image thing.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 3:17 am
us2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL
Poor Ann had her seat taken away and given to someone else. Now she knows how Merrick Garland must feel.

Sadly, I can't take credit for this line as it was something I saw on Twitter.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 3:38 am

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Exactly. 95% of DL passengers live withing 3 miles of of the ATL and PAC coastlines.

ATL is 267 miles from nearest coastline. Tybee Island Ga
Old Jul 16, 2017, 3:40 am

Originally Posted by bdlman
I actually saw her on a flight in the past, she was on a transcon also in economy plus. I do kind of see her point here why charge kind of insane prices if that seat isn't going to be available to you.

1. Either she is travelling not for work and she's paying so economy plus she really Just wants the legroom, so why pay more

Or

She is 6 feet tall, so yeah, she needs the legroom.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 4:43 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
When traveling for some engagements -- such as paid speeches -- the contract can be negotiated to cover premium cabin fare or it can be left at economy class. Most often these would be booked by the paying party retaining her services or that of the agency with which she's affiliated.

Lots of people with a net worth of 5-20 million dollars fly primarily economy class even on their own dime.

If she paid additional money for seat selection of sort and then got re-assigned from it to a different category of paid seat selection, she is owed at least a refund.

I don't care if she's a six-feet tall troll, a three-feet tall troll, or an eight-feet tall troll, the outcome should be the same: at least a refund and an explanation for the seat re-assignment.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 5:22 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott, IHG
Probably not

Originally Posted by xolinlevh
I don't know anything about twitter rules, but are there any against the unauthorized posting of people like that?
there is no expectation of privacy when you are in a public forum and Ann coulter is not using the photo for any (apparent) commercial purpose.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 5:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by No_Name
there is no expectation of privacy when you are in a public forum and Ann coulter is not using the photo for any (apparent) commercial purpose.
Ann Coulter does nothing without having a commercial purpose.

Frankly, I find that horrible and dishonest, as I describe in my book "Wilde is the Joker" published under my pen name of "Josh Wilde" and can be bought at https://www.createspace.com/7103983 (for faster delivery) or at https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_2_8?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=wilde+is+the+joker&sprefix=wilde+is%2Caps %2C271&crid=1ZLHDG4VH7KKZ if you want the much less expensive Kindle version.

This commercialization has got to stop!
Old Jul 16, 2017, 6:01 am

Programs: DL DM

Or

There are plenty of people in this world with a higher net worth who buy main cabin plane tickets(without hopes of getting a free upgrade). On the other side of that fence there are plenty of people that make far less and pony up for first class.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 6:10 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting

Or

I don't buy number 2 above as being true. Also, the above is a false binary choice. Some people traveling for paid engagements do fly coach. This includes political commentators who sometimes have clients with rather streamlined budgets but for which the talking head wants to be affiliated and help with fundraising or membership runs or to just hit up and grab attention.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 6:25 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
I'm trying to imagine how I would feel if I boarded a plane and found that I was sitting next to her!

OTOH, watching her walk past me in F on her way to Y would be fun!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.