Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

LAX-DCA,BOS-SFO become Delta One flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX-DCA,BOS-SFO become Delta One flights

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2017, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Wait...explain more: Do you mean that you booked in coach and they called to offer you to upgrade to D1? Or that since you are not going to be able to get a medallion upgrade they will reroute on your flights where you have that potential? For free or or for a charge?
Right... booked in coach and offered to reroute free of charge for up to 2 weeks from today
Old Mar 30, 2017, 9:15 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Wait...explain more: Do you mean that you booked in coach and they called to offer you to upgrade to D1? Or that since you are not going to be able to get a medallion upgrade they will reroute on your flights where you have that potential? For free or or for a charge?
it sounds like he booked in coach and Delta offered to move him to an itinerary where he might have a shot at an upgrade.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 9:26 am

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Flying D1 tomorrow BOS-SFO, I know the ticket includes includes Sky Club access. will I have access in SFO upon arrival as well as Boston?
Old Jul 17, 2017, 9:43 am

Programs: Skymiles GM
Originally Posted by ellinj
Flying D1 tomorrow BOS-SFO, I know the ticket includes includes Sky Club access. will I have access in SFO upon arrival as well as Boston?
Yes, you will have it
Old Jul 17, 2017, 9:58 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Has anyone flown the DCA-LAX Delta One yet? Just curious since I am flying it outbounds in October.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 10:23 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Miesque
Has anyone flown the DCA-LAX Delta One yet? Just curious since I am flying it outbounds in October.
Not yet, but it should be the same as a JFK-LAX/SFO 757 transcon flight. Westin blanket and pillow, D1 catering, lounge access on both ends.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 10:44 am

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
I've flown it LAX-DCA. Seats weren't available on my DCA-LAX leg.
I was in 1B, very comfortable.

Service was good. Meal was fair. I've flown D1 long haul many times. I wouldn't say it's at the same level as that, but it was nice and far better than domestic F.

It's nice to have the nonstop to LA.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 2:32 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
I flew D1 and Jetblue mint this week. BOS-SFO, I have to say its a difficult comparison. Jetblue by far has a better hard product especially if you get the single seat. The crew on JetBlue were much more on the ball. Delta won out on the food and the SkyClub access. If I were traveling alone and I could get one of the suites I would pick that again over Delta. Taking out the seating configuration ( no aisle access for window seats) I would give the Delta the win. Not having lounge access at the international terminal at SFO was a real drag.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 5:20 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Amb./LTP
Originally Posted by WWads
Not yet, but it should be the same as a JFK-LAX/SFO 757 transcon flight. Westin blanket and pillow, D1 catering, lounge access on both ends.
Yep, it's the same product (hard and soft) as JFK-LAX. The 757 does an LAX-DCA-LAX turn, leaving LAX in the morning and and getting back that night. D1 is 2x2 seating, so if you want free and clear aisle access, pick an aisle seat -
otherwise you'll be crawling/straddling over your seatmate to go to the bathroom if they're reclined.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 5:52 pm

Programs: UA MM (former 1K) - DL PM (former DM) - Marriott Platinum
The staff at DCA really need some training on the details of DeltaOne protocols.

A couple weeks ago my girlfriend and I were scheduled to fly DCA-JFK-LAX (with the JFK-LAX segment in D1 - when I booked the connection was much less expensive). DCA-JFK had some irrops, and I attempted to move to the nonstop DCA-LAX. Even though I was already in paid Delta One, the staff at DCA insisted that I couldn't be cleared into Delta One on the DCA-LAX flight because "[I] need to request that 24 hours ahead".

No amount of discussion about me already being in paid Delta One would change the agent's mind. I was cleared into Comfort+, against my request (I had asked to clear the flight only f I could be cleared into Delta One).

All this happened very close to the DCA-LAX departure time, so I had to handle it at the customer service desk and gate inside the concourse. I'm wondering if I would have had time to get to the Sky Club, would the agents there have been able to handle this?

It was not a comfortable flight home.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 5:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by LAX-1K
The staff at DCA really need some training on the details of DeltaOne protocols.

A couple weeks ago my girlfriend and I were scheduled to fly DCA-JFK-LAX (with the JFK-LAX segment in D1 - when I booked the connection was much less expensive). DCA-JFK had some irrops, and I attempted to move to the nonstop DCA-LAX. Even though I was already in paid Delta One, the staff at DCA insisted that I couldn't be cleared into Delta One on the DCA-LAX flight because "[I] need to request that 24 hours ahead".

No amount of discussion about me already being in paid Delta One would change the agent's mind. I was cleared into Comfort+, against my request (I had asked to clear the flight only f I could be cleared into Delta One).

All this happened very close to the DCA-LAX departure time, so I had to handle it at the customer service desk and gate inside the concourse. I'm wondering if I would have had time to get to the Sky Club, would the agents there have been able to handle this?

That's when I ask for the station manager. The SkyClub agents at DCA are generally pretty good, but the rest of DCA's ground staff ranges from average to should not be employed.

Be sure to send a complaint email to DL, outlining what happened. Hopefully you got the name of the agent who screwed you over. You're due a refund of fare difference between Y and D1, along with a hefty number of miles/voucher. If you're still a DM, you're owed a call from someone at DL HQ. Don't let this go.

Last edited by KDCAflyer; Jul 24, 2017 at 6:02 pm
Old Jul 24, 2017, 6:11 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Amb./LTP
I'm wondering if I would have had time to get to the Sky Club, would the agents there have been able to handle this?
Most likely. The DCA SkyClub is a 2-minute max walk from the gates. The agents are always friendly and usually go above and beyond in the case of travel interruptions.

Originally Posted by WWads
That's when I ask for the station manager. The SkyClub agents at DCA are generally pretty good, but the rest of DCA's ground staff ranges from average to should not be employed.
There are a few GAs that are good, but unfortunately for most I agree with your assessment. I suspect they bring on a lot of temp staff during the spring and summer to handle peak tourist season with no incentive to do a good job.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 7:52 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
I was on the inaugural flight. Here's my story:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...al-flight.html
Old Jul 24, 2017, 8:39 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Flying DCA-LAX, what's the free meal like for Y passengers? Any difference between Y and C+ meals?
Old Jul 24, 2017, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I do not see the DCA-JFK-LAX routing offered for sale for F/D1 (only coach). Do you mean you booked F on some other routing and SDC'ed to DCA-JFK-LAX?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.