Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

LAX-DCA,BOS-SFO become Delta One flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX-DCA,BOS-SFO become Delta One flights

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2017, 10:35 am

Programs: DL-PM
Interestingly enough, when I did a dummy booking for BOS-SFO it still says upgrade eligible with my status, but DCA-LAX says upgrade not eligible.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 10:37 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Great news! Keep Climbing
Old Mar 24, 2017, 10:37 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by mills1090
Interestingly enough, when I did a dummy booking for BOS-SFO it still says upgrade eligible with my status, but DCA-LAX says upgrade not eligible.
Confirmed via twitter and via the Delta PR rep that posted on Delta New Hub. No more Medallion upgrades on these D1 flights. Sad!

Old Mar 24, 2017, 10:44 am

Programs: WN, AA, UA, DL
Originally Posted by woodford02A
Great move to compete with jetblue/mint.

Does UA offer P.S. or Polaris on BOS-SFO?
There's heavy smoke in the direction of UA going with a premium service this summer on SFO-BOS. The schedules have been loaded with all flat-bed aircraft. This might be more of a response at UA instead of B6.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Renes Points
Confirmed via twitter and via the Delta PR rep that posted on Delta New Hub. No more Medallion upgrades on these D1 flights. Sad!

https://twitter.com/Delta/status/845296065616203776
Makes sense considering they're becoming D1 routes. I'm guessing they'll also get lounge access like all D1 routes do.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 10:50 am

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Originally Posted by minnyfly
There's heavy smoke in the direction of UA going with a premium service this summer on SFO-BOS. The schedules have been loaded with all flat-bed aircraft. This might be more of a response at UA instead of B6.
not sure i really agree, considering UA has actually downgraded SFO-NYC to "united business" rather than slotting it in with "united polaris" and the e.g. lounge benefits thereof. UA is also deploying its high density 772s (10-across in Y and 8 across in C) which, while lie front upfront, are definitively pieces of garbage.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 11:10 am

I'm surprised they did BOS-SFO only and not BOS-LAX as well.
Originally Posted by WheelsFirst
Same, especially with B6 operating Mint on that route.
Just my hunch, but I think everyone is waiting for what AA does, the market leader in BOS-LAX.

I was surprised to find that B6 has not the best schedule over summer, ex-BOS (early morning 7 departure, late evening arrival past 10, and "redeye" ; yes, you read this right, from East Coast, arriving around 1 in the "morning").

This is a crazy competitive market out of BOS, with AA, B6, DL, UA, VX/AS all in play. I'm guessing if AA goes flat-bed route, then the dominos will fall, one way or another.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by radiowell
Just my hunch, but I think everyone is waiting for what AA does, the market leader in BOS-LAX.

I was surprised to find that B6 has not the best schedule over summer, ex-BOS (early morning 7 departure, late evening arrival past 10, and "redeye" ; yes, you read this right, from East Coast, arriving around 1 in the "morning").

This is a crazy competitive market out of BOS, with AA, B6, DL, UA, VX/AS all in play. I'm guessing if AA goes flat-bed route, then the dominos will fall, one way or another.
I highly doubt AA WILL go lie-flat. They only run one daily on MIA-LAX and that's a premium route for them. Also I'm not sure they have the A321Ts that would be needed for the route if they even wanted to.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 11:23 am

Programs: Delta PM
I'm surprised they did BOS-SFO only and not BOS-LAX as well.
+1 but only selifishly because I have a BOS-LAX already booked in FC coming up in May (connecting on to D1 LAX-SYD, let's make it D1 all the way ^ )
Old Mar 24, 2017, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I'd love to see BOS-LAX become D1... that would be more interesting than the BOS-SFO route.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Somehow I think DL will get around to 'fixing' that soon enough.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by HonoraryOrange
Raising the bar for quality, lowering the value of status. I imagine upgrades weren't hard on those routes, but now they're just not allowed.
And, coming up in 3, 2, 1 somebody's going to complain about purchased-F fare levels.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 11:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by rylan
I'd love to see BOS-LAX become D1... that would be more interesting than the BOS-SFO route.
Keep in mind that DL doesn't have an unlimited number of 75S aircraft. I'm assuming that their data supported BOS-SFO over BOS-LAX, at least for now. Hopefully DL will mod a few more if these new D1 routes work.

Right now DL appears to be matching AA on DCA-LAX, with a RT ticket costing an average of $1300 in May.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HonoraryOrange
Raising the bar for quality, lowering the value of status. I imagine upgrades weren't hard on those routes, but now they're just not allowed.
The "routes" have yet to even start. Whether or not comp upgrades would have been hard is speculation.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 12:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Thumbs down or

Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Great news! Keep Climbing
No more upgrades. Bad new! Keep Descending.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.