Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2018, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The exception is international flights. I cannot explain how DL can deliver bags to baggage claim in ten or fifteen minutes, but the wait for luggage on an inbound arrival can range from thirty to forty-five minutes usually, but can easily exceed an hour even for a bag that was tagged as SkyPriority. This is despite the international baggage claim being much closer to the aricraft.
Are bags screened by customs before being released into the baggage hall?
Old Dec 11, 2018, 8:41 am

Programs: No flights since April 2019 (Medical Issues). Lost all my status.
I usually sail through Atlanta immigrations/customs with my GE membership, but the last time through I was selected for a "special" GE screening. The polite officer asked the usual questions and I was on my way. The extra screening held me up for 8 minutes.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 10:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by TomMM

After posting, I started to wonder about this. I don't think I've ever had a bag opened (except by TSA), but they could be x-raying and/or sniffing, although that shouldn't take very much time.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 7:42 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
when people ask total strangers on the internet what they should eat
kaffir76 likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by TomMM

Yes they are. Customs must give clearance before bags can be put on the belt. Allows time to use dogs to sniff for drugs/observe for any visual alerts and inspect any bags begore they get to passengers. They then can have someone ready to pull the passenger into secondary once passenger claims their bags.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 10:03 am

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Armenia is depressing. It’s dirty, dull, gray, and their food is OK at best. Which is sad, because the scenery is epic.

The only upside is that they have some respectable domestic wines. So, here I sit, in my hotel room in Yerevan, sucking down a bottle of this:

Cyberian likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 4:13 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I've twice had to use the D Concourse in ATL this year on mainline planes. I don't like that concourse: the ex-Presidents Club SC is crappy, the gates are too small and the food options aren't very good.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 6:05 pm

Programs: IHG Spire
DTW A-66 has facial recognition scanners set up and big signs about it and the gate agents didn't try to pimp it at all. More along the lines of "we've got a 757 to load and no time to play, could you just scan your phone and get on?"

Also! on a same-day segment run and your turn-around is a smaller airport staffed by DGS- When your phone app drops the out-bound ticket segments (because you just flew them...), it pops up as as a "Ticket change" in the system somehow, and you get the dreaded THREE BEEPS! and can't board the plane, and DGS can't fix it. They were , however, sharp enough to to just send me down the ramp to board with instruction to get help in DTW if needed.

SkyClub agents are the best at this stuff and why I pay $BIGMILES to have my own personal #UBERREDCOAT when I need one. Took less than a minute to fix whatever the problem was. 48 on the upgrade list and the SkyClub was nearly empty? It's a little SkyClub, but stil...
Old Dec 17, 2018, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by TheHorta
Armenia is depressing. It’s dirty, dull, gray, and their food is OK at best. Which is sad, because the scenery is epic.

The only upside is that they have some respectable domestic wines. So, here I sit, in my hotel room in Yerevan, sucking down a bottle of this:
If you relish this feeling, but want to stay domestic, I recommend visiting some parts of MT. Butte, in particular. Spectacular mountains and SuperFund sites within spitting distance of each other, but they have the best brown ale (Moose Drool) and Scotch ale (Cold Smoke) on tap or in bottles/cans everywhere.

And they have pasties that I won't try because I'm a picky eater, but people rave about them
TheHorta likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 7:13 am

Programs: DL PM
This probably falls on the side of 'random and pathetic complaints' so I figured it post it here.

SFO-MSP a few days ago, flight attendant has a particularly dry sense of humor. As he's coming down the aisle with the food cart, he's announcing "Would you like to purchase fresh food from last week's flight". He continues his bit till he gets to my row (I'm hungry for a fruit and cheese plate). He then continues his comedy routine with such gems as 'I've started a new cost savings program for Delta, I take food home from the flight, save it and resell it on the next one", "Last week's chicken wrap is this week's tuna wrap" and "The cheese selection is an excellent choice, it ages well."

Regardless, the food item was free (he never came back to charge for it) and he was handing out drinks left and right without charging (despite the other two FAs swiping cards for everything).

I appreciate a good dry sense of humor (I am British after all) but something about this rubbed me the wrong way. I probably need to lighten up and count my blessings, figured it was a good story at least!
Old Dec 18, 2018, 7:56 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ElliottMB
This probably falls on the side of 'random and pathetic complaints' so I figured it post it here.

SFO-MSP a few days ago, flight attendant has a particularly dry sense of humor. As he's coming down the aisle with the food cart, he's announcing "Would you like to purchase fresh food from last week's flight". He continues his bit till he gets to my row (I'm hungry for a fruit and cheese plate). He then continues his comedy routine with such gems as 'I've started a new cost savings program for Delta, I take food home from the flight, save it and resell it on the next one", "Last week's chicken wrap is this week's tuna wrap" and "The cheese selection is an excellent choice, it ages well."

Regardless, the food item was free (he never came back to charge for it) and he was handing out drinks left and right without charging (despite the other two FAs swiping cards for everything).

I appreciate a good dry sense of humor (I am British after all) but something about this rubbed me the wrong way. I probably need to lighten up and count my blessings, figured it was a good story at least!
Would this be an older guy (by now), probably MSP based? Long ago I had a male FA on a PMNW 747 international trip that sounds like it could be the same person. The guy was mostly doing his comedy routine (and said that he was doing or at least attempting a part time career performing as a stand up comedian) rather than his airline job. It was unfortunate for the other FA serving us on the upper deck as she had to do all the work because he was too bus having fun.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 8:36 am

Programs: DL PM
Would this be an older guy (by now), probably MSP based? Long ago I had a male FA on a PMNW 747 international trip that sounds like it could be the same person. The guy was mostly doing his comedy routine (and said that he was doing or at least attempting a part time career performing as a stand up comedian) rather than his airline job. It was unfortunate for the other FA serving us on the upper deck as she had to do all the work because he was too bus having fun.
Good question - I didn't note where the crew was based. He was older, quite tall. To his credit he was pretty quick with his food and beverage service, but likely because he wasn't charging anyone
Old Dec 18, 2018, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by TheHorta

Don't they have some interesting art and architecture?

Originally Posted by Cyberian
If you relish this feeling, but want to stay domestic, I recommend visiting some parts of MT. Butte, in particular. Spectacular mountains and SuperFund sites within spitting distance of each other, but they have the best brown ale (Moose Drool) and Scotch ale (Cold Smoke) on tap or in bottles/cans everywhere.

And they have pasties that I won't try because I'm a picky eater, but people rave about them
I wouldn't suggest wines from Montana.
TheHorta likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 8:53 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Delta Tupperware Medallion, National EE
My flight out left me 341 MQMs short of gold, so I'll just be silver on my flight home.
bergamini likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 4:03 pm

I wouldn't suggest wines from Montana.
We have some. Award winning, even. I don't know enough (anything...) about wine to know if the awards are big deals or not, but these guys Tongue River Winery are popular

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.