Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2020, 7:22 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Ok this one is *really* minor and pathetic: when whoever used the lav before you apparently didn't realize you have to push down on the lever/knob to drain the sink.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by Zorak
Ok this one is *really* minor and pathetic: when whoever used the lav before you apparently didn't realize you have to push down on the lever/knob to drain the sink.
This is generally a Boeing thing. When I worked on the Airbus A320 family and Embraer E190, the sinks drained somewhat automatically (i.e., they were supposed to). Usually once or twice a day I would have to open the bottom of the sink and pull the drain valve because something would get clogged.

I like the Boeing ones much better because it's easier to drain. The thinking behind it is that you fill the bowl with water, wash your hands, and then drain it. That saves water compared the letting the sink continuously run.

-J.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
“... a Boeing thing” is another common misconception — while that may have been true for the 707s (and perhaps the 727s, and perhaps the early 737s and 747s), nowadays the lavs, galleys, and most of the other interior furnishings are Buyer-Furnished Equipment (BFE); the airframe manufactures have little if any say as to anything beyond the interfaces (attach points, electrical, water, HVAC, etc)
GW McLintock and Zorak like this.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 7:28 pm

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
I had to wait 9 minutes to talk to an agent today. Outrage!

This post is made very pathetic by the fact I read in another thread someone with no status had a 3 hour wait time.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 9:25 pm

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA
Originally Posted by defrosted
I had to wait 9 minutes to talk to an agent today. Outrage!

This post is made very pathetic by the fact I read in another thread someone with no status had a 3 hour wait time.
I'm a FO and called at 6:10PM CDT and was told it would be a 4 hour call back. Still haven't got the call and it's 10:25PM CDT...
Old Mar 11, 2020, 7:43 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by AeRoSpaceman
I'm a FO and called at 6:10PM CDT and was told it would be a 4 hour call back. Still haven't got the call and it's 10:25PM CDT...
That's not how this thread works. In this thread you're supposed to post something more random and pathetic, not less random and pathetic. Example:

I'm an FO and I got proactively called by the airline in case I had any concerns about my travel plans, but I didn't have a chance to think about it before they called. I said no, but now I thought of something that I sort of want but don't really need, but they're not calling me back.
AeRoSpaceman, mr_hoff and ACCDraw like this.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 1:24 pm

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Howste
I'm an FO and I got proactively called by the airline in case I had any concerns about my travel plans, but I didn't have a chance to think about it before they called. I said no, but now I thought of something that I sort of want but don't really need, but they're not calling me back.
Sorry that made me laugh, with empathy not spite.
Just figures huh.
ACCDraw likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by defrosted
Sorry that made me laugh, with empathy not spite.
Just figures huh.
Of course my post was pure fiction.

Now for a real pathetic complaint. Yesterday I got not one, not two, but three separate emails from Delta telling me that (in order to prioritize urgent travel needs) if my travel is not within 72 hours to not call them. Then they sent one more at 1:30 am today to tell me the same thing again.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
I guess what's random is the fact that you got a third email, but what's pathetic is the state of DL IT that allows multiple sends of the same emails in the first place :/
Old Mar 13, 2020, 11:16 am

Programs: DL DM; Marriott Ambasador Elite
Yesterday, flying ORD-LGA, my FA insisted on wearing latex gloves while serving my Woodford. The latex left a faint aroma on the rim of my glass that seriously interfered with the overall nose of my beverage.
ACCDraw and dmarge18 like this.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by acrophobia
Yesterday, flying ORD-LGA, my FA insisted on wearing latex gloves while serving my Woodford. The latex left a faint aroma on the rim of my glass that seriously interfered with the overall nose of my beverage.
I just saw a video of a UA crew wearing gloves, masks, and full body suits that tied up at the back like you see in a hospital.

-J.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by jrl767
I guess what's random is the fact that you got a third email, but what's pathetic is the state of DL IT that allows multiple sends of the same emails in the first place :/
Actually a fourth email. But who's counting?
Old Mar 16, 2020, 7:45 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by acrophobia
At least you got a glass! The FA on HPN-ATL wore latex gloves to pour my Woodford into a plastic cup! The horrors!
Old Mar 19, 2020, 1:53 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
My upgrade cleared at the gate yesterday in ATL. I asked for a new paper BP and it printed out with Seat 4B and "SKY" as the boarding group instead of FIRST.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 10:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
DL is parking a lot of planes due to COVID-19, but pilots and ground staff aren't parking them very carefully. They should be perfectly lined up with dual spacing between aircraft of the same time. Instead, the photos from ATL look like the lines are a bit ragged. It's aesthetically offensive to see.
strickerj likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.