Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2020, 12:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Howste
It must be the time of year. Probably less demand for flights to Alaska when it's cold. In June there are two flights a day and some more reasonable hours.
Didn't FAI service used to be seasonal with no flights at all in the winter?
Old Feb 20, 2020, 1:21 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Do you mean cow-orker?
Yes. It's best to ask them if they can stop orking the cows for a minute so you can get a straight answer.

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Didn't FAI service used to be seasonal with no flights at all in the winter?
I couldn't tell you. My first flight to Fairbanks will be in August.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just received my February Delta SkyMiles® Gold Card news and all of my account stats are "as of 12/31/19".
Old Feb 20, 2020, 3:10 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by TomMM
Just received my February Delta SkyMiles® Gold Card news and all of my account stats are "as of 12/31/19".
Many of Delta's emails are "queued up" weeks or months in advance. That is why sometimes you cancel a ticket, but you still get an email reminding you
to check in, even though you cancelled the reservation weeks ago.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Me too. Said 305 purchases and gave me a scare since I've used the card twice this year.

-J.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
super-size pictures embedded in posts (especially QUOTED posts, because the pix appear in both the original and the quote)

c'mon, people, click on "Source" in the toolbar, and scale down the image size ... more-or-less-standard iPhone pix default to 2000x1504, so just change that to 1000x752
Old Mar 2, 2020, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by jrl767
super-size pictures embedded in posts (especially QUOTED posts, because the pix appear in both the original and the quote)

c'mon, people, click on "Source" in the toolbar, and scale down the image size ... more-or-less-standard iPhone pix default to 2000x1504, so just change that to 1000x752
And, to this end, when quoting posts, delete the pics from the quoted text. I don't need to see the same pictures three times.

Thanks, Delta!

-J.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 9:12 pm

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
And, to this end, when quoting posts, delete the pics from the quoted text. I don't need to see the same pictures three times.

Thanks, Delta!

-J.
If would be helpful if FT could have thumbnail pictures that you can click on to open in a new tab for a full size image but alas it is not an option.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Tall people who use the low wall mounted urinals who force short people to use the high mounted wall urinals!
Howste likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 3:54 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Tall people who use the low wall mounted urinals who force short people to use the high mounted wall urinals!
I know what you mean. I hate it when lazy rock climbers use the lower urinals.

strickerj likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 11:50 am

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
I'm not really tall, but it's nice that some people have an aversion to them (especially at ATL) and the floors seem to be a bit 'cleaner' around them.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 10:19 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
App: your boarding pass is available for your flight tomorrow
Me: what? No it's not, for at least another 45 minutes
App: ...
Me: taps on notification
App: We're sorry, it's too early to check in for your flight

EDIT: oh, I bet this is a DST artifact.
findark and strickerj like this.

Last edited by Zorak; Mar 7, 2020 at 10:25 am
Old Mar 7, 2020, 2:36 pm

possibly, are you on android? I am on ios, I got a notification for my flight tomorrow at the expected time and checked in as expected.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 4:49 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
possibly, are you on android? I am on ios, I got a notification for my flight tomorrow at the expected time and checked in as expected.
Android, yeah. In addition to the above, when viewing the trip in the app, it showed me the check mark to offer check-in but gave the same error if clicked on. So it seems some parts of their system are DST-aware and others aren't...

I was able to check-in at the "true" T-24 normally.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 12:47 pm

I've definitely seen those sorts of weird scrolling issues in other apps but haven't noticed it in the DL app on iOS specifically.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.