Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2018, 2:47 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Yet another random, pathetic complaint — WHY (?!?!) does the iPhone (every iPhone) have such a hard time posting to FT? Seriously, it doubles-up on words, inserts completely off-the-wall stuff, and makes it difficult in general. Is FT anti-Apple?

I usually have have to go back and edit nearly every post I make from my iPhone (Xs Max 512G), at least once.

Old Dec 7, 2018, 2:53 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by TheHorta
Yet another random, pathetic complaint — WHY (?!?!) does the iPhone (every iPhone) have such a hard time posting to FT? Seriously, it doubles-up on words, inserts completely off-the-wall stuff, and makes it difficult in general. Is FT anti-Apple?

I usually have have to go back and edit nearly every post I make from my iPhone (Xs Max 512G), at least once
Does it seem to be an involvement with autocorrect? I posted about something like that here, roughly posts 130-138: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/tech...l#post30013767

don't hold your breath for a fix though, the FT/IB tech support playbook runs something like

1. Have you tried clearing your cache?
2. It's probably your browser's/OS fault
3. We'll ask the tech team to take a look
4. (Six months later) hey everyone, new FT software release, enjoy these new randomly changed font sizes and colors!
TheHorta likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak
Does it seem to be an involvement with autocorrect? I posted about something like that here, roughly posts 130-138: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/tech...l#post30013767

don't hold your breath for a fix though, the FT/IB tech support playbook runs something like

1. Have you tried clearing your cache?
2. It's probably your browser's/OS fault
3. We'll ask the tech team to take a look
4. (Six months later) hey everyone, new FT software release, enjoy these new randomly changed font sizes and colors!
No joke... as I was typing away in the “FA Wendy” thread, my iPhone autocorrect changed “also” to “malaise”!

Is Siri mocking me?
Old Dec 7, 2018, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by pvn
the times I've seen this it's been because they were at a gate that wasn't set up for it. You need a jet bridge that can extend back further, obviously, and not all of them have the range.
T2 G26. That’s probably it.

Also, I amended my post. It’s an A333, not a 764. Even bigger.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 3:52 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by TheHorta

I usually have have to go back and edit nearly every post I make from my iPhone (Xs Max 512G), at least once.
Maybe this belongs in another thread . . . titled, something like . . . .

"You know you're spending too much time on FlyerTalk when" . . . .

TheHorta likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
F overhead space

DL1576, SEA-JFK, N819DX (75G, 20F), row 2: boarded right at the end of PREM; had to put my laptop roller above row 4 because all the bins farther forward were completely full

I suppose I could have tried to squeeze my (large-ish) backpack above 2 and put the roller under 1A, but I wasn’t interested in cussing and discussing backpack logistics with the owner of the other backpack in that bin
ethernal likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 7:50 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
diamonds are by far the most egregious abusers of carry-on limits. seeing people with two rollers plus a backpack is not at all uncommon. It's probably 20x more common than F seats going out empty but for some weird reason you never see the people who are obsessively devoted to ENFORCING THE RULES ever say a thing about it.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 7:55 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by pvn
diamonds are by far the most egregious abusers of carry-on limits. seeing people with two rollers plus a backpack is not at all uncommon. It's probably 20x more common than F seats going out empty but for some weird reason you never see the people who are obsessively devoted to ENFORCING THE RULES ever say a thing about it.
This pisses me off, especially on RJs. It's why I'm willing to shamelessly be a gate-lice on medallion-heavy flights.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 10:24 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by WWads
This pisses me off, especially on RJs. It's why I'm willing to shamelessly be a gate-lice on medallion-heavy flights.
Lice is plural. Technically you're a gate louse. Is that a random and pathetic enough complaint?
Old Dec 10, 2018, 10:29 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by pvn
diamonds are by far the most egregious abusers of carry-on limits. seeing people with two rollers plus a backpack is not at all uncommon.
... and the sort of person who does that also tends to be the sort of person who puts all three into the overhead

Originally Posted by WWads
Yeah, if bringing on two carry-ons I'll try to be in the first half of PREM rather than the last.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 5:11 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
2887 DTW-PHX the Fa’s are delivering dinner before even taking a drink order.

Never seen that before. What’s the rush on a 4 hour flight to get the food out.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 5:12 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Should add been in the air about 40 minutes and haven’t even had the opportunity to order a drink (in row 4).

Not the best service.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by apodo77

Never seen that before. What’s the rush on a 4 hour flight to get the food out.
To prevent a "It took forever to serve dinner" thread.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 6:15 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by pvn
Agreed, but this DM doesn't get it. With the luggage coming out so fast these days and inevitably it is on the way to the rental counter, I always check even my carry-on sized bags because it's just so much easier than to worry if there's going to be room or not and jostle for it a spot in line to make sure. Unless I have a very specific reason (my annual PVG mileage run), just not worth it these days. My bags often beat me out on the way to the rental counter or shuttle. I clear security faster, I move faster throughout the airport, I can walk the terminal if I need my steps in...just don't get the appeal of carry-on if bag checks are free.
AeRoSpaceman and NotHamSarnie like this.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 8:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by bergamini
Agreed, but this DM doesn't get it. With the luggage coming out so fast these days and inevitably it is on the way to the rental counter, I always check even my carry-on sized bags because it's just so much easier than to worry if there's going to be room or not and jostle for it a spot in line to make sure. Unless I have a very specific reason (my annual PVG mileage run), just not worth it these days. My bags often beat me out on the way to the rental counter or shuttle. I clear security faster, I move faster throughout the airport, I can walk the terminal if I need my steps in...just don't get the appeal of carry-on if bag checks are free.
If you suspect you might be changing flights--for example if you're anticipating a potential weather delay and fear that your flight could be delayed or cancelled--it's better not to have checked bags, but otherwise I agree with you that with no concern about having to wait for my (free) checked bag, it can be more convenient to just check it. OTOH, when I haven't checked a bag, I feel less pressure to rush through the airport and can stop in a SC to check my mail or get a cup of coffee.

The exception is international flights. I cannot explain how DL can deliver bags to baggage claim in ten or fifteen minutes, but the wait for luggage on an inbound arrival can range from thirty to forty-five minutes usually, but can easily exceed an hour even for a bag that was tagged as SkyPriority. This is despite the international baggage claim being much closer to the aricraft.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.