Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2019, 7:33 pm

Programs: Pre✓, Delta DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Mariott Plat, PC Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
There are no "Gluten Free" snack options in C+ on my 40 minute flight.
ACCDraw likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KenTarmac
You weren’t offered a cup of ice to snack on?
ACCDraw and strickerj like this.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 8:01 pm

Programs: Pre✓, Delta DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Mariott Plat, PC Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
Not my personal complaint. Just something that I overheard and paraphrased. I'm sure the individual was just fine for roughly 40 minutes with a drink and without a snack. We are talking about pathetic complaints here after all ...
AeRoSpaceman and strickerj like this.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
No bananas?
Old Apr 4, 2019, 6:43 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by sethb
No bananas?
I'm allergic to bananas.

Fortunately I'm not allergic to gluten.
KenTarmac, MEABFlyer and strickerj like this.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 7:36 am

Programs: Delta-Million miler
The earbuds do not fit comfortably in my ears. In the flyer profile, an ear molding should be an option so proper earbuds could be provided.
The tray in the armrest has an inconvenient lift handle. Alexa/Siri voice command option should be provided.
The captain didn't greet me personally.
The Baileys I was given evaporated before I could take a sip.
puck021, krlcomm and strickerj like this.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Exclamation curmudgeon alert

FA arrival announcements that include the mashup phrase “wherever your final destination may take you” ... it’s “wherever your TRAVELS may take you” or “wherever your final destination MAY BE”
Old Apr 5, 2019, 12:30 pm

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Speaking of the FA arrival announcement, that awkward pause after they say "where the local time is" and they realize they have no idea.

And while complaining about random and pathetic issues, why even have this message, especially in this day and age.
KKILR3 likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 1:14 pm

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion, AA
Not a rant, just ironic

When you make Gold, then realize you won’t be able to travel until late in the year due to a family member’s health issues. There’s always next year. 😐
Old Apr 5, 2019, 1:39 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Not my personal complaint. Just something that I overheard and paraphrased. I'm sure the individual was just fine for roughly 40 minutes with a drink and without a snack. We are talking about pathetic complaints here after all ...
Yep, because commenting in a forum about them getting rid of the GF snack mix that a lot of people seemed to like (hence a multiple page forum about it) is really pathetic. Way to paraphrase to make it sound like a complaint instead of pointing out that it was similar to many posts on this forum that say 'contact Delta' to let them know and maybe if they hear enough people disappointed with the change they'll get the point? It worked with newspapers, worked with C+ upgrades, etc. Sometimes it's trivial, sometimes it's bigger. What's the point of having a 'complaint mechanism' if you don't properly use it?
Old Apr 5, 2019, 1:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by defrosted
Speaking of the FA arrival announcement, that awkward pause after they say "where the local time is" and they realize they have no idea.

And while complaining about random and pathetic issues, why even have this message, especially in this day and age.
WHY? Because people always forget (or never knew) that DTW is in the Eastern time zone. Places that don't save daylight cause further confusion.
AeRoSpaceman and strickerj like this.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 1:56 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
There’s a lot of extra, meaningless words in all of the announcements like “upright and locked” (there’s no lock) “tamper with or disable” and mostly any use of the word “stow”. Who ever says stow not in the context of a flight.
strickerj likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 2:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Whenever I hear the words "final destination" my first reaction is that it's a euphemism for death.

Then I start to wonder whether DL is trying to hint that the flight might be diverted when they keep muttering about what my planned destination might or might not be......or do they simply think that I don't know where I'm going?
Old Apr 5, 2019, 4:28 pm

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
WHY? Because people always forget (or never knew) that DTW is in the Eastern time zone. Places that don't save daylight cause further confusion.
Indeed but I imagine most people have their phones set to auto update date time which the minute you connect to the network it tells you the correct time. I know not everybody, there are a million scenarios, but overall this day and age it is so easy to get the correct time. Google what time is it in Detroit and there you have it. Not to mention I can almost recite the announcement in DTW from memory... "Detroit is in the eastern time zone", then it does it in Japanese and Chinese. I can almost recite the Japanese too.

Anyway I see your point but leave my pathetic rant and my rhetorical question alone!

Old Apr 5, 2019, 5:47 pm

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I have to agree with this. Living in Pensacola, FL when we arrive travelers who are here for the first time have no clue that our part of the state is on Central time. Most folks think the whole state of Florida is on Eastern time...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.