Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2022, 7:25 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by coke cans and winglets
This is more than non substantive but not sure where else to put it. Just ran from D38 to A20 at ATL to make an earlier flight, got here and they said I needed to gate check my bag, I get on the plane and there’s loads of open space. Love when they blatantly pull these stunts.
Could be the time it take a late boarders to make your way down a crowded aisle searching for an open bin, compared to some guy heaving your nag down the jetway stairs and another throwing it into the belly.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 7:35 pm

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by Lomapaseo
Could be the time it take a late boarders to make your way down a crowded aisle searching for an open bin, compared to some guy heaving your nag down the jetway stairs and another throwing it into the belly.
You might would have a point if maintenance wasn’t on here for another 30 minutes with the door open because the First lavatory wouldn’t flush, god forbid First can’t have their own lavatory on a 40 minute flight…
Old Sep 24, 2022, 1:54 pm

Love when they blatantly pull these stunts.
what do you think is actually happening here?

1) the gate agents actually have perfect visibility into the overhead bins and know there is tons of space and "blatantly pull these stunts" just to .... with you personally because _______? (if you pick this option please fill in this blank)

or

2) they have an algorithm that tells them "after x people board, consider the bins to be full" and are acting accordingly

which do you think is more likely?
Old Sep 24, 2022, 2:46 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68

1) the gate agents actually have perfect visibility into the overhead bins and know there is tons of space and "blatantly pull these stunts" just to .... with you personally because _______? (if you pick this option please fill in this blank)

or

2) they have an algorithm that tells them "after x people board, consider the bins to be full" and are acting accordingly

back in the early days I was booked on AF in F for a TATL flight out of JFK, I arrived late in boarding of the aft cabin and upon arriving at the end of the jet bridge passengers were being forced to "gate" check if more than one bag. The guy in front of me put up a fight against this and while he was yelling a FA greeter waved me and my two bags aboard . This ticked off the other folks still stuck at the door having to gate check. Not a good feeling about this making enemies with the lesser passengers. Obviously best to do this selection other than at the aircraft door in a queue
Old Sep 25, 2022, 7:06 am

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR

or

Well if #2 is the case then their algorithms are severely flawed because every time I’ve had this happen to me I get on the plane and there’s loads of open space, they need to do a better job of communicating with the crew. Some GA’s also love to power trip and a big instance I saw of this was a few years ago flying BOS-ATL with my mom, I scan my boarding pass and get on no problem with a carry on, my mom right behind me also scans in and the GA is like “your bag is too big for the overhead bins” (it was an A321) even though my bag at the time was visibly bigger than her’s and gave me no issues. GA pulled this on the guy behind her too who put up a fight and went over to the carry on size checker and shoved it in with his foot and then GA is like “that’s unnecessary”, when they get down the jet bridge and finally accept defeat and leave their bags at the bottom. The ramper there was getting pissed and told both of them to carry it on because they would indeed fit and apparently they weren’t the first two people on that flight that were in that debacle…

Last edited by coke cans and winglets; Sep 25, 2022 at 7:13 am
Old Sep 25, 2022, 7:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It's not easy for crew to move around the cabin to check bin availability while passengers are boarding.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It's not easy for crew to move around the cabin to check bin availability while passengers are boarding.
When there’s that much open space and that many bins that are still open it’s not hard to tell that all bin space is not full.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 9:21 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hertz President Circle
Originally Posted by Crossinator
I am a PM. Why does DL show if a GUC can be used on a flight, even though I have never been a DM and never had a GUC?
Because when you became a Plat. you were offered a free gift. One of the choices was 2 GUC's. Since you're a Plat, they don't know what you chose so they put that in there in case you have one to use.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 9:45 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Another nonstop Christmas flight canceled. Apparently Delta has decided that the morning nonstop from BNA to BOS is no longer necessary so I’ve been switched to a 5:30 AM connection through Atlanta. At least they gave me three months notice. But it is during the Christmas travel time. Luckily, I was able to use B6 miles and still catch the morning nonstop on JetBlue.

But canceling the flight did not result in an immediate refund of my first class ticket. It’s been an hour. That’s my petty complaint.
ebayj likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 10:03 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Crossinator
I am a PM. Why does DL show if a GUC can be used on a flight, even though I have never been a DM and never had a GUC?
Originally Posted by SH115
Because when you became a Plat. you were offered a free gift. One of the choices was 2 GUC's.
PMs do not have a Choice Benefit that permits selection of GUCs -- you're perhaps thinking of the DM choice to select 2 GUCs and 4 RUCs. (You're also replying to a message from nearly two months ago...)
dmarge18 likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 11:19 am

Well if #2 is the case then their algorithms are severely flawed because every time I’ve had this happen to me I get on the plane and there’s loads of open space,
it should be obvious why such rules would be tuned to cut off too early rather than too late.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 11:23 am

it should be obvious why such rules would be tuned to cut off too early rather than too late.
Completely agree on that, my friend was on a United flight a few days ago where the gate agent didn’t do gate checks on a full A319, overhead space actually did fill up, and it was a chaotic mess. My point is if there’s still routinely plenty of open space with Delta’s algorithm for it, then the algorithm should change instead of inconveniencing a lot of people or just have a little more communication with the gate staff and the flight crew, there was room for at least 20 more bags on that flight. Maybe my word choice of blatant was a little excessive but I was very annoyed especially considering this isn’t the first time this has happened to me.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 10:38 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
3 of the 4 pump dispensers at the DCA SC are labeled hand cream.
photojojo and Shinyobjects like this.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by Zorak
I'm guessing this is about "3 of the 4" ... probably wouldn't qualify as "random and pathetic" if they were labeled as soap and actually contained lotion
Old Oct 14, 2022, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak
also, damn, a tiny bit of that hand cream goes a LONG way. a full pump of that .... is like 10x more than normal hands can actually absorb.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.