Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Pre-ordering Meals on Delta, the Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 24, 2019, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: michab
The following website seems to allow you to preview the menu options ahead of time: http://cloud.o.delta.com/fltInfo

The Delta App lets you pre-select meals 7 days prior to departure. You may or may not receive an email around the same time (it's inconsistent whether you even receive an email). On the "MY TRIPS" tab, any eligible trip in the list will have a SELECT YOUR ENTREE button; this also appears if you tap on a trip and are viewing the individual trip details. The app is able to handle selections for multiple passengers traveling on the same record (i.e. you will be able to make selections on behalf of traveling companions)

Sample screenshot:

PRE-COVID: If you don't get the email, or only one of multiple passengers receives the email*, you can ask a phone or Twitter/FB agent for the choices, and they can make your selection up until T-24h (not all agents are sharp about this, so you may need to explain that you want to pre-order a regular meal, *not* one of the special vegetarian/Kosher meals etc. HUCA as needed) Nowadays it is unclear if agents can even still do this (or if just the average phone/chat agent does not know how to do so anymore)

*If this happens, double check that you have an email address (for each passenger) in the reservation. (But this can happen at random anyway even if you do have an email address listed.)

Print Wikipost

Pre-ordering Meals on Delta, the Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2019, 11:46 am

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
I finally got a meal selection email for an upcoming flight! Beef tenderloin or Thai Poached Halibut.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 4:00 pm

RDU-LAX

Spinach Egg Bake or Steel-Cut Oatmeal & Quinoa. Happy to sit where I want and not have to worry about FEBO. Wish UA would also implement this and stop with 'you may not get your first choice nonsense'.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 8:58 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
I finally received the pre-select email -- the first time I have ever received one -- for an upcoming Detroit–Austin flight that departs during the awkward period between breakfast and lunch. Kind of depressing, if you ask me, given that this flight is blocked out at 3 hours and 25 minutes. I would have hoped for something a little better or more healthy.

For what it's worth, this is a Boeing 717.

Old Mar 31, 2019, 9:57 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Did a SDC but originally scheduled ATL-LAS on 3-31-19 and no pre order meal came.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 12:04 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, DL FO, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Whatevers
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
I finally received the pre-select email -- the first time I have ever received one -- for an upcoming Detroit–Austin flight that departs during the awkward period between breakfast and lunch. Kind of depressing, if you ask me, given that this flight is blocked out at 3 hours and 25 minutes. I would have hoped for something a little better or more healthy.

For what it's worth, this is a Boeing 717.

"Corn Chex Cereal" or "Scrambled Egg Breakfast Burrito"

DL's culinary team must be hard at work developing these gourmet selections.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 12:26 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
My wife and I are flying to MAD this week. I used miles for D!, I was sent the meal email but my wife was not. Is this common when all miles were mine?
Old Mar 31, 2019, 2:00 pm

Programs: Delta DM/2MM, Flying Blue Gold, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by Tomphot
My wife and I are flying to MAD this week. I used miles for D!, I was sent the meal email but my wife was not. Is this common when all miles were mine?
Each passenger is supposed to get the email. I would call and make sure there isn't something wrong with the reservation.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 2:41 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by orlandodlplat
Each passenger is supposed to get the email. I would call and make sure there isn't something wrong with the reservation.
Yes, I did call and was able to pick meals on the phone. We will see what happens on the return
Old Mar 31, 2019, 3:11 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
No love for carnivores on LAS-ATL on 4-3-19 (I’ll eat prior to the flight) as neither one sounds appetizing:
VEGETARIAN LASAGNA

with portobello mushrooms, kale and a roasted red pepper sauce

GRILLED SALMON

roasted potato, squash, brussels sprouts and celery root medley, topped with queso fresco

Last edited by apodo77; Apr 1, 2019 at 3:38 pm
Old Mar 31, 2019, 5:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by apodo77
No love for carnivores on LAS-ATL on 4-3-19 (I’ll eat prior to the flight):
VEGETARIAN LASAGNA
with portobello mushrooms, kale and a roasted red pepper sauce

SELECT >
GRILLED SALMON
roasted potato, squash, brussels sprouts and celery root medley, topped with queso fresco

SELECT >
I clicked the link and ordered you lasagna. Sorry. I didn't thin they were active links. You probably don't want to include those links in the future.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
I clicked the link and ordered you lasagna. Sorry. I didn't thin they were active links. You probably don't want to include those links in the future.
Hah. All I did was copy and paste the text didn’t realize the link would be active.
Someone updated my meal to the salmon about 30 minutes ago. LOL

I removed the “select” link.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 6:28 pm

LAX-JFK

Leaning towards the meatballs.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by ab2013
"Corn Chex Cereal" or "Scrambled Egg Breakfast Burrito"

DL's culinary team must be hard at work developing these gourmet selections.
Not to mention they must have gotten a boatload of Corn Chex at a fire-sale price.

Old Mar 31, 2019, 6:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Yellowjj
Not to mention they must have gotten a boatload of Corn Chex at a fire-sale price.
It's more likely that General Mills is paying for product placement.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 12:41 pm

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
Definitely a work in progress. For today's flight I did get the email (yeah!) but when I sat down on the flight they asked if I wanted lunch. I said I had pre-ordered and the FA looked at me and said (I can't make this up) "We do that?".

On SAT I had pre-ordered and when they came around they said "I'm sorry all the chicken was pre-ordered" and I was like "yeah, I know one was me" and the FA replied "no I mean we have none left".

Honestly the entire process has made the meal process WORSE, not better!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.