Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Nashville BNA Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nashville BNA Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2016, 4:44 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
If I recall correctly, didn't the club still have work cubicles? Do you suppose the "kitchen renovation" will do away with them?
This is exactly what is going to happen. They are removing the first set of cubicles to expand the kitchen so they have a warming unit to prepare oatmeal, soup, etc.

I was told the back set of cubicles will NOT be removed.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 9:34 pm

Programs: DL 4MM; DM
Chatted with one of the DL staff there today while I was waiting for my flight. She said the place is pretty much gutted currently. The conference room is gone for sure. When she visited the site there was still a bit of wood left in the entry and near the former bar space. They have not been told how the new furnishings will look. Some of what was there was shipped off to be redone and used at other spaces, some reupholstered and also some new pieces coming in. The have no idea how 'Targetized' (or not) the remodeled space will be.
Old Mar 13, 2016, 11:48 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I don't mind them renovating this club. I find the layout a bit odd and it being hard to find outlets. Plus, some of the furniture is getting a bit old.

Plus, if it means more food I'm all for it.
Old Mar 13, 2016, 11:52 am

Programs: DL Diamond, MM, Hilton, Marriott, Priority Club, etc
I always liked that club as is. So this figures.
Old Mar 13, 2016, 11:07 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Gold
I did always find the club a little cramped and split up too much into separate rooms. I would be surprised if they do away with all the cubes as some are on the complete other side of the kitchen from the bathrooms, and I doubt they will move those just due to cost (could be wrong though).

My actual biggest complaint about the club is pretty silly, but the high-pile carpet made it tough to wheel suitcases on.
Old Mar 14, 2016, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by EditingFX
Hey.... you were in the new SFO SC!
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
IMO the new SFO club is really beautiful. I think they added some good color and design elements that helped to warm it up, not to mention the gorgeous huge windows overlooking the tarmac. Also, I've never found it to be overly crowded. I think it's the best SC right now.
The SFO Sky Club is one of the best in the system and my favorite. (side note: a Sky Deck would have been really nice)

It was time for the BNA Sky Club to be gutted and re-built. The club was dated and had an inefficient layout given the small space and trends in public gathering spaces. There was wasted space in the bar set-up and the buffet was cobbled together and incapable of properly handling new food options. The restrooms, at least the men's room, was not designed for the number of people that cycle through the club. It will be interesting to see how Delta transforms the space for a small club. I'm looking forward to a new BNA Sky Club.
Old Mar 14, 2016, 8:34 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by BamaGirl
She said the place is pretty much gutted currently. The conference room is gone for sure.
Does that mean that CVG will be the only club left with a conference room? I noticed P&G has a plaque next to the CVG conference room so I'm guessing they utilize it frequently. To
Old Mar 15, 2016, 11:40 pm
formerly ThePinkUnicornShirtGuy

Programs: Delta Diamond
Originally Posted by FogCityTraveler
The SFO Sky Club is one of the best in the system and my favorite. (side note: a Sky Deck would have been really nice)

It was time for the BNA Sky Club to be gutted and re-built. The club was dated and had an inefficient layout given the small space and trends in public gathering spaces. There was wasted space in the bar set-up and the buffet was cobbled together and incapable of properly handling new food options. The restrooms, at least the men's room, was not designed for the number of people that cycle through the club. It will be interesting to see how Delta transforms the space for a small club. I'm looking forward to a new BNA Sky Club.
I wasn't thinking about that - I LOVED having a bathroom with a locking door and all to myself. LGA and some others have them but I don't like open air designs.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 4:21 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
According to Facebook, renovations were finished today.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 4:24 pm

They had some balloon arch up last night when I got home. I tried to peek in, but the doors were still locked. I'll have to check it out Monday when I fly out again.
Old Apr 3, 2016, 1:57 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Gold
Anyone been through or have a link to pictures of the interior?
Old Apr 3, 2016, 6:48 am

I'll be there tomorrow morning, so I'll grab some pictures then.
Old Apr 3, 2016, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by DJCobol
I'll be there tomorrow morning, so I'll grab some pictures then.
Be careful...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...otography.html

Old Apr 3, 2016, 1:13 pm

Programs: Delta FO, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Sleek and modern design, but terribly uncomfortable seating. Mostly the low-back leather chairs with a few normal sized fabric seats.

There are a TON of available power outlets, though.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 4:32 am

Originally Posted by pbss111
Sleek and modern design, but terribly uncomfortable seating. Mostly the low-back leather chairs with a few normal sized fabric seats.

There are a TON of available power outlets, though.
This is pretty accurate. Too many people to really get any pictures, but the overall layout hasn't changed much. The luggage room that used to be right up front is now where the check in desk is. The middle "quiet room" and the 2 side rooms have now been opened up into 1 big area with the above mentioned seating. The bar, the snackbar, and the little cube desks off to the far right side are all redone, but in the same area with the same layout.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.