Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Nashville BNA Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nashville BNA Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2016, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by NoStressHere
What is there to "renovate"? This is a wonderful club. Why spend money?
There was a surplus of white plastic laminate and swirly-polished stainless steel when they finished "renovating" the ATL clubs, and the surplus was taking up warehouse space.

If I recall correctly, didn't the club still have work cubicles? Do you suppose the "kitchen renovation" will do away with them?
Old Mar 9, 2016, 5:15 am

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
There was a surplus of white plastic laminate and swirly-polished stainless steel when they finished "renovating" the ATL clubs, and the surplus was taking up warehouse space.

If I recall correctly, didn't the club still have work cubicles? Do you suppose the "kitchen renovation" will do away with them?
Get off my lawn!!!

Would you like for them to bring back grandma's frilly curtains as well?
Old Mar 9, 2016, 6:15 am

There were 2 sections of cubes, yeah. One right inside the door, and another over by the back corner closest to the main terminal. Hopefully they still have some work areas when they are done, because that's where I always sat.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 8:40 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Curious: I've never been to this club. Without a kitchen, what food was offered?
Old Mar 9, 2016, 8:56 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Curious: I've never been to this club. Without a kitchen, what food was offered?
I've only been there once. I just remember drinks, cookies, popcorn, snack mix, and maybe cheese. Everything but the drinks fit onto a credenza.

It was certainly not what I was hoping for when I went in.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 9:47 am

Programs: DL 4MM; DM
I noticed yesterday when I arrived at BNA that there was an agent sitting at a table next to the club yesterday with a few jars of snacks. I asked when I was here in Feb. what the renovation would entail. There will still be some warm, wood style elements to the club. But they will be putting in the laminated stuff and the 'Target' furniture. Also removing walls to 'open up the space'-aka cram more bodies into a small space.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Breakfast they had bagels, yogurt, cereal, and fruit. Lunch/dinner would be veggie trays, that chicken salad goop, and usually a pasta salad thing along with the usually snack type stuff they have at every sky club.
Originally Posted by BamaGirl
Also removing walls to 'open up the space'-aka cram more bodies into a small space.
Even at its busiest though, that club has never been more than half full. I'm really not too worried about them opening it up a little since it was kinda dark and scary compared to other newer clubs.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by phenobarbital
Get off my lawn!!!

Would you like for them to bring back grandma's frilly curtains as well?
No. I just miss the the wood.

Wood evokes the image of "Club"... warm, inviting, relaxing... more in keeping with the image depicted in the DL marketing hype.

White plastic and stainless steel scream "nightclub" ... noisy, crowded, a place where you have to elbow thru people to get a drink. Oh, wait... now I get the message.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BamaGirl
...But they will be putting in the laminated stuff and the 'Target' furniture. Also removing walls to 'open up the space'-aka cram more bodies into a small space.
Did you expect anything different?

Configure for mass occupancy...
Old Mar 9, 2016, 12:52 pm

Programs: AA G; DL G
Originally Posted by DJCobol
Even at its busiest though, that club has never been more than half full.
I don't agree with this comment. There have been many times where I have had trouble finding a seat, especially if on a 4-4:30 departure since all the hubs have one around that time plus NYC. Of course with the Diamond's no longer getting free +1s it has thinned a bit.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 3:57 pm

Programs: DL Diamond Ham Sandwich
Originally Posted by FlysthruBNA
I don't agree with this comment. There have been many times where I have had trouble finding a seat, especially if on a 4-4:30 departure since all the hubs have one around that time plus NYC. Of course with the Diamond's no longer getting free +1s it has thinned a bit.
Agreed. Also when busy, that club is very claustrophobic- you're constantly negotiating with other patrons when you or they want to move.

BTW When I was there last week I was chatting with the club staff and they said they were going to be kept on reasonably normal hours during the reno, and would be out in the terminal with snacks and stuff.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 6:48 pm

Programs: Non-Affiliated
The BNA club was my home away from home. The bartender (before Sodexo came in) James always was fun to talk to and had a generous pour.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 1:04 am
formerly ThePinkUnicornShirtGuy

Programs: Delta Diamond
Love my home airports Skyclub but annoyed as I was going to be sending my mother on a trip and wanted her to get settled in before flying in overseas.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 5:48 am

Programs: DL DM, GOES
White plastic and stainless steel scream "nightclub" ... noisy, crowded, a place where you have to elbow thru people to get a drink.
Hey.... you were in the new SFO SC!
Old Mar 12, 2016, 8:54 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by EditingFX
Hey.... you were in the new SFO SC!
IMO the new SFO club is really beautiful. I think they added some good color and design elements that helped to warm it up, not to mention the gorgeous huge windows overlooking the tarmac. Also, I've never found it to be overly crowded. I think it's the best SC right now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.