Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Comfort for flights on/after May 16, 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2015, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bowgie
Delta Comfort+ FAQs
Delta Comfort+ - A New Domestic Branded Fare Product

Summary (effective November 14, 2015, for travel on or after May 16, 2016, in the U.S.50 and Canada):

No selecting C+ seats at time of booking. Eligible pax must request a C+ upgrade by checking the box in the UPGRADE REQUEST section or calling Delta. If upgrade inventory is available, DM and PM may clear after booking. If upgrade inventory is not available, you will remain in your C- seat until such time that DL either releases inventory, or it goes to the airport for gate upgrade.

GM and FO window remains the same at T-72 and T-24 hrs respectively.

Upgrades may automatically place you in any C+ seat, including middle.

F and C+ are separate checkboxes, so you can request an F upgrade without requesting a C+ upgrade. "Double upgrades" from Y to C+ followed by C+ to F are possible.

In your My Delta Preferences page there is a new box where you can choose the default setting for 1st class upgrades and C+ upgrade preferences.

Pax with a companion will be ranked for a C+ upgrade according to the highest level... ie a DM + general member companion in the same PNR will clear after booking..

Maximum of 1 companion may request a C+ upgrade. Per DL FAQ: "If you have three or more passengers in your reservation, all passengers in the reservation must have Medallion status in order for any passengers to be eligible for Delta Comfort+."

Amex Companion Cert flyers are eligible for C+ upgrades.

To "downgrade" to C- seats (exit, other preferred seats) you must call Delta.

Complimentary upgrades to C+, once on board the aircraft, are not allowed regardless of status.

C+ currently not available with corporate discounts, because C+ currently uses ticket designator /WCOM and corporate discounts also use ticket designators. A fare code can only have one ticket designator. This limitation is apparently temporary.

So far Delta is saying this does not impact upgrades to F.

Originally Posted by BarbiJKM
I have two separate flights on May 16, on two separate itineraries. As a PL, I was able to choose C+ seats shortly after booking months ago, by going through the new rigamarole... Today I was notified of upgrades to F on both itineraries, at the upgrade window. So for those who were wondering if a "double upgrade" can happen, yes, it can.
Print Wikipost

Delta Comfort for flights on/after May 16, 2016

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2016, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by WWads
Comfort+ as a separate fare class is a joke though. We're all agreed on that.
Joke is an understatement, let's call it what it really is, a ripoff and an insult!
Old Jul 18, 2016, 6:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by RSSrsvp
Joke is an understatement, let's call it what it really is, a ripoff and an insult!
The fact that Delta is calling it, on "upgrade" emails no less;

PE is all you need to know. They will "snow" the fools who fly now and then to think it is more than coach. Delta KNOWS if you tell a lie enough times most will believe it is true.

Agree?
Old Jul 18, 2016, 8:37 pm

Programs: delta dm
Originally Posted by Renes Points

PE is all you need to know. They will "snow" the fools who fly now and then to think it is more than coach. Delta KNOWS if you tell a lie enough times most will believe it is true.

Agree?
C+ is Bernie Madoffesque. In Deltas book a lie isn't a lie if you believe it to be true.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 6:10 am

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Perhaps this has been covered here already but is Delta letting C+ seats go out empty? Friday I was flying home from LAS and was 1 for 0 on the upgrade list using a RUC that I had waitlisted over a week earlier.

I was running late and as I got to the gate, they called for Zone 3. There was also quite the line waiting to talk to the GA so I got in line and was looking at the GIDS. I saw that F was full and that I was still number 1 on the UL with one of the pax on list listed as upgraded to the seat next to me in C+. The standby list was probably about 12 people with about half getting seat assignments. Anyway, pretty much everyone had boarded and the line to speak to the GA had dwindled when the GA asked if I was on that flight. I said I was and was wondering if F had boarded in full. She told me to board and that everyone else that was there were waiting on other flights.

So I board, F is full and I take seat 14B. 14A attempted to take my shoulder space in my seat but that's a different story. Anyhoo, 2 seats in C+ ended up going out empty. Is this normal? There were still at least 6 people on the standby list. My only thought was that there were more than 2 in each group of standby's. If so, I guess that's a win for people in C+. It was a loss for me being number 1 for F and they stick the only WU next to me instead of in 12A where 12B got the row to himself. 14B eventually gave me my space. When people try to take my shoulder space in my seat, I'm sure they end up questioning my sexuality and eventually back off.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 7:04 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
I am looking at at seatmap with 3 empty seats in C+ but can't move, even though flight is in 6 hours. DL phone agent insists that there is no inventory. I hate this.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 7:24 am

The new name should be C -

Just love getting the narrow c- seat
Premium economy, I have had more comfortable seats on southwest!

Originally Posted by Renes Points

Agree?
Old Jul 19, 2016, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by Traveling Tiger
Just love getting the narrow c- seat
Premium economy, I have had more comfortable seats on southwest!
Yes, the narrow seats are still a problem for many of us considering that even a HWP person can easily span the width of the seat and flow over into another seat. Common Delta, one more inch of width would fix the problem.

We are scraping the floor for crumbs.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by RSSrsvp
I have been periodically reading this long multi page thread and I must say that DL needs to wakeup and smell the roses. Their greed and stupidity is reaching an all time low. This is as bad as Coca Cola changing their formula.
http://www.businessinsider.com/new-c...mistake-2015-4
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/30-years...-coke-failure/

You would would have thought that someone in upper management would have stepped up to the plate and fixed this mess already!!!
In fairness, the New Coke debacle involved taking a well-loved product and changing the actual product, making the old one unavailable.

DL's moves are about taking their product and trying to monetize it every way from Sunday. You can still get the product you want, you just have to pay for it.

Doesn't make the changes any more palatable for those that dislike them, but it's a slightly different comparison.

Maybe it's just because I grew up in ATL and remember the horror that New Coke was.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 10:23 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by MrTemporal
Common Delta, one more inch of width would fix the problem.
are you expecting them to stretch the fuselage out a bit?
Old Jul 21, 2016, 5:45 pm

Programs: Delta FO, SW Rapid Rewards
Has anyone had any luck calling delta to switch out of a C+ seat for one leg of a flight? I'm stuck in a window seat for 5+ hours but there is an aisle seat in main cabin about 4 rows back that I would much rather have.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 6:10 pm

Programs: delta dm
Originally Posted by Upthewazzu
Has anyone had any luck calling delta to switch out of a C+ seat for one leg of a flight? I'm stuck in a window seat for 5+ hours but there is an aisle seat in main cabin about 4 rows back that I would much rather have.
Not gonna happen. Once in c+ always in c+ enjoy the enhancement and the window.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by gooselee
In fairness, the New Coke debacle involved taking a well-loved product and changing the actual product, making the old one unavailable.

DL's moves are about taking their product and trying to monetize it every way from Sunday. You can still get the product you want, you just have to pay for it.

Doesn't make the changes any more palatable for those that dislike them, but it's a slightly different comparison.

Maybe it's just because I grew up in ATL and remember the horror that New Coke was.
Bill Cosby endorsed new Coke, if that's any indication
Old Jul 21, 2016, 9:21 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Upthewazzu
Yes, people have reported that this is possible and easy for a phone agent to do if you call in. It can't be done online, though.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 6:45 pm

Programs: DL GM/MM
How does one price out the cost of C+ seating on an international itinerary without going all the way through the booking process? And talking paying money here, not comp or award seats..
Old Jul 23, 2016, 11:54 pm

Programs: DL, SPG, Accor
flying BGR MSP via DTW was upgraded to C+ a few days out, chose a nice window seat on the 2 side of the aisle with good view of the mountains on normal flt path out of BGR. Check in two days later and find I have been switched to bulkhead window on 3 side. OK, wrong side for view, and narrower seats, but whatever. I am a lowly FO and should be grateful for any crumbs I am given, right? Then board and find I have been bumped for a DL employee flying in uniform! Has this happened to anyone else?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.