FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Comfort for flights on/after May 16, 2016
Old Jul 19, 2016, 6:10 am
yohanson

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Perhaps this has been covered here already but is Delta letting C+ seats go out empty? Friday I was flying home from LAS and was 1 for 0 on the upgrade list using a RUC that I had waitlisted over a week earlier.

I was running late and as I got to the gate, they called for Zone 3. There was also quite the line waiting to talk to the GA so I got in line and was looking at the GIDS. I saw that F was full and that I was still number 1 on the UL with one of the pax on list listed as upgraded to the seat next to me in C+. The standby list was probably about 12 people with about half getting seat assignments. Anyway, pretty much everyone had boarded and the line to speak to the GA had dwindled when the GA asked if I was on that flight. I said I was and was wondering if F had boarded in full. She told me to board and that everyone else that was there were waiting on other flights.

So I board, F is full and I take seat 14B. 14A attempted to take my shoulder space in my seat but that's a different story. Anyhoo, 2 seats in C+ ended up going out empty. Is this normal? There were still at least 6 people on the standby list. My only thought was that there were more than 2 in each group of standby's. If so, I guess that's a win for people in C+. It was a loss for me being number 1 for F and they stick the only WU next to me instead of in 12A where 12B got the row to himself. 14B eventually gave me my space. When people try to take my shoulder space in my seat, I'm sure they end up questioning my sexuality and eventually back off.