Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Starting in 2016, Alaska Airlines Boardroom members lose Sky Club access

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Starting in 2016, Alaska Airlines Boardroom members lose Sky Club access

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2015, 10:11 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Plus stranded passengers when DL TATL flights divert to ANC and there's a delay for mechanical or crew reasons. Hopefully very rare, but it would be extremely useful to have lounge access in such situations, assuming that passengers are allowed to deplane.
TATL flights diverting to ANC eh? Is the entire Lower 48 socked in by something?
Old Oct 27, 2015, 11:45 am

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
At least there's been no "additional enhancement" yet RE earning, redeeming miles on each other, in either program (since changes last year)

Though crediting DL paid F to AS and earning up to 300% miles flown if you're MVPG (and up to 200% MQM), irrespective of fare paid, is a nice loophole that I'm sure will have to change eventually.

But so far, looking good. I hope they at least give plenty of notice should earning / redeeming go away.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 11:50 am

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
Originally Posted by pbarnette
The Elite+ lounge access policies never applied to AS lounges that I am aware of.

In general, aside from the likely small number of DL fliers that routinely go to ANC, this will have only a very marginal impact. This is a much bigger loss for AS fliers.
It is a loss for sure for AS flyers, though BR members now get access to AA lounges and unlike DL, 2 guests for free. AA lounges are still not at level of the SC, but they're improving.

I still far prefer DL to AA so while this pushes AS BR members to AA, its unfortunate for sure. The savings grace is that I mostly fly transborder in paid F and DL offers SC access without a membership throughout the same day itinerary.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 6:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by CMK10
TATL flights diverting to ANC eh? Is the entire Lower 48 socked in by something?
Sorry, I obviously meant TPAC.

However, on 9-11 and the days immediately after, indeed the entire lower 48 airspace was shut down. I don't remember whether Alaska and Hawaii were included, but lots of TATL and TPAC flights that were already up in the air diverted to improbable airports in Canada.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 9:27 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Sorry, I obviously meant TPAC.

However, on 9-11 and the days immediately after, indeed the entire lower 48 airspace was shut down. I don't remember whether Alaska and Hawaii were included, but lots of TATL and TPAC flights that were already up in the air diverted to improbable airports in Canada.
In fact, both the US and Canada were shut down, including Alaska.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 9:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
In fact, both the US and Canada were shut down, including Alaska.
But many USA bound international flights divereted to Canada and were stuck there.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 11:16 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
But many USA bound international flights divereted to Canada and were stuck there.
A very relevant point to the subject of the AS BR, yes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.