Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Starting in 2016, Alaska Airlines Boardroom members lose Sky Club access

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Starting in 2016, Alaska Airlines Boardroom members lose Sky Club access

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2015, 5:20 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by DiverDave
That is the rumor. I think Delta had to give up the master lease on T5 during bankruptcy. In the long run it could be a good move, but in the short run it will be difficult for passengers.

David
Haven't heard any rumor about an airside connector between T2 and T3. I would hope LAWA would offer that up in the plan.

Is there an option for a secure connection between TBIT and T3? I thought I saw something somewhere, but can't find it.

Originally Posted by jdrtravel
That's no good. How would you know where to check in? Are there enough international departures to split it that way? Also, T-5, while small, is nice with the marble floors and high ceilings and sky lights.
I have no idea. It could either be INTL or heaviest O&D at T2, and the rest at T5, or all checkins at 5 and busses to T2 (which would suck as well).

If this is true, and I think it is, it will be horrible for a while.

The benefit longer term (for me) is that I don't have sigh when someone gets on the shuttle bus and says "Virgin America", knowing that I have to ride the shuttle across the entire horseshoe.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 5:24 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by carljanderson
I have no idea. It could either be INTL or heaviest O&D at T2, and the rest at T5, or all checkins at 5 and busses to T2 (which would suck as well).

If this is true, and I think it is, it will be horrible for a while.
What does AA do at LAX now? They have check-in counters at both T4 and T6 now.

They are connected by tunnels, but it's a heckova long death march.

David
Old Oct 21, 2015, 5:34 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE
Originally Posted by LarkSFO

Also, looks like PP does not apply:

"The downside is that those otherwise eligible for Board Room access don’t have access to the Cathay Pacific Lounge. Specifically:

- All Alaska Airlines Board Rooms participate in Priority Pass, though the Cathay Pacific Lounge San Francisco doesn’t

- Ordinarily paid first class passengers on Alaska (whether revenue or award) get Board Room access, though they don’t get access to partner lounges, including the Cathay Pacific one"
What would PP have to do with a lounge that is clearly not a part of their program? The AF KLM lounge in the International Terminal is a PP lounge, the Cathay lounge is not.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 5:41 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by DiverDave
What does AA do at LAX now? They have check-in counters at both T4 and T6 now.

They are connected by tunnels, but it's a heckova long death march.

David
But at least its doable by foot in about 10-15 minutes.

"Attention those is Gate 53B. This is a gate change announcement. Delta flight 2004 to SLC is now departing from gate 24". Um.. :-) Enjoy the bus!
Old Oct 21, 2015, 7:01 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Platinum 100, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990
It was only a matter of time, after DL cut access to AS BR members. I really hope DL still keeps AS a partner, maybe move 'em up to Group 1 (wishful thinking?!)!
But, considering DL moved AS down to Group 3, with no MQD-earning potential, wouldn't surprise me if they completely axe their partnership in 2016!
As much as delta hates AS, they still need them for now in the Pacific Northwest.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 7:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, , Delta 2MM & DM UA Gold
I knew this was coming, but still disappointed. I really enjoyed the PDX boardroom, and the Alaskan Amber served Blissfully cold. They are friendly in there, and when I did the connection on DL to AS, it was a treat in SEA, PDX and LAX. But like other things I will get over it.

Hope some semblance of the partnership remains
Old Oct 21, 2015, 7:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
This is no loss. Not having access to Alaska's mediocre BR's will be a thing of the past anyway since they really only were used at SEA and LAX. Both are slated to open 2nd lounges early next year. This is no lloss.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 7:25 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by funflier
It is almost insulting how they always try to put a positive spin on these emails detailing loss of perks or program devaluation. I hope this is not yet another sign of the amplification of the "frenemies" situation with DL and AS. I would miss the DCA<>SEA/PDX/LAX nonstops...
I'm not sure I understand how this is a program devaluation when DL has lounges in every airport where AS has a lounge. Given the recent upgrades to to the SCs they're far better than AS lounges anyway. And, IMHO, AS flyers benefited more from this than DL flyers ever did. AS got 50 lounges, most in airports where AS does not have lounges and DL got 4 lounges in cities where they already have lounges.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by DL2SXM
This is no loss. Not having access to Alaska's mediocre BR's will be a thing of the past anyway since they really only were used at SEA and LAX. Both are slated to open 2nd lounges early next year. This is no lloss.
The LAX Board Room is a welcome refuge from the madness of the Sky Club. Sad not to have it as an option. Hopefully the new club improves things next year but for the time being it is a loss.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by javabytes
The LAX Board Room is a welcome refuge from the madness of the Sky Club. Sad not to have it as an option. Hopefully the new club improves things next year but for the time being it is a loss.
+1, especially when you flight is out of t6. Even when I fly out of T5, I will go to the BR instead of the SC at LAX if I have enough time. I love the pancake machine on morning flights and if it's a later flight it's nice having real plates and glasses and never an issue finding a place to sit and an outlet and a lot easier to get work done at the LAX BR than that zoo of a SC (Hopefully the second LAX sc will be in t6 and ease some of the overcrowding at LAX T5) and I also like having the self service soda machines.

Same with SEA. While it's a hike to the DL gates from the BR at SEA, it's worth it
Old Oct 21, 2015, 8:27 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by SOBE ER DOC
I'm not sure I understand how this is a program devaluation when DL has lounges in every airport where AS has a lounge.
Oh, when did DL open a lounge in ANC?

Of course there is nothing stopping people from obtaining a separate Board Room membership (or buying 1 day passes as needed), which in turn entitles the member to AA lounges and a few others. One step closer to free agency...
Old Oct 21, 2015, 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by krlcomm
What would PP have to do with a lounge that is clearly not a part of their program? The AF KLM lounge in the International Terminal is a PP lounge, the Cathay lounge is not.
Just trying to make sure not to miscommunicate, by under-communicating.

But, you are right.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 12:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DL2SXM
While DL has been enhancing the SC lately, I've always tipped my hat towards going to the AS BR. It's been a nice benefit of when flying in AS or in AS hubs (or when the LAX SC was under construction).

Sadly those that utilize AS's ability to redeem miles (esp to AK) this was a benefit.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 1:58 am

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Since about half of my flights out of LAX seem to leave from T6 I am going to miss the BR. The email I had said the 2nd (I assume T6 but that wasn't stated explicitly) SC will come the end of 2016 so maybe a year with no easy lounge access in T6.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 2:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by bennos
Oh, when did DL open a lounge in ANC?

Of course there is nothing stopping people from obtaining a separate Board Room membership (or buying 1 day passes as needed), which in turn entitles the member to AA lounges and a few others. One step closer to free agency...
You didn't hear about the DL lounge opening in ANC?

Neither did I

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.