Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Starting in 2016, Alaska Airlines Boardroom members lose Sky Club access

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Starting in 2016, Alaska Airlines Boardroom members lose Sky Club access

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2015, 9:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
T6 would make sense if DL continues to use T5/T6 at LAX.

Are there really just four BRs or four airports with BRs? I want to guess that there's more than one at SEA, but I can only remember using one AS lounge there. It was large, but not so large relative to the AS operation there.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 10:05 am

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Indeed, as would one in the main concourse at SEA with a significant number of DL flights out of the A and B concourses.

Are there really just four BRs or four airports with BRs? I want to guess that there's more than one at SEA, but I can only remember using one AS lounge there. It was large, but not so large relative to the AS operation there.
There are really only four BRs. AS is opening a long-delayed second board room at SEA (in the N satellite) any month now. (I think the latest estimate is Nov. 7.) That board room is temporary, pending the construction of a permanent roof-top N board room in conjunction with the expansion of the N concourse; the permanent one is several years away. The N board room makes sense now because AS recently took over the entire N concourse after UA (finally) consolidated their operations with pmCO in the A concourse; AS now has too many flights in the N concourse to not have a board room there.

There used to be board rooms in SFO and YVR; not sure if there are any other closed ones. I don't know of any.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by DiverDave
This is the longest running breakup in history.

David
And to think some brilliant, slightly misguided, but far ahead of their time FlyerTalker predicted the breakup would be announced on May 1, 2014!
Old Oct 21, 2015, 10:27 am

The closing of the SFO BR was the best thing that ever happened to SFO based BR members!

Alaska Board Room Members Have Cathay Pacific Lounge Access At SFO

I am not sure how much longer AS will be flying out of the International Terminal though...

Also, looks like PP does not apply:

"The downside is that those otherwise eligible for Board Room access don’t have access to the Cathay Pacific Lounge. Specifically:

- All Alaska Airlines Board Rooms participate in Priority Pass, though the Cathay Pacific Lounge San Francisco doesn’t

- Ordinarily paid first class passengers on Alaska (whether revenue or award) get Board Room access, though they don’t get access to partner lounges, including the Cathay Pacific one"
Old Oct 21, 2015, 11:31 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS, FB Gold, AS MVPG, MR Titanium, VS Gold
Originally Posted by LarkSFO
The closing of the SFO BR was the best thing that ever happened to SFO based BR members!

Alaska Board Room Members Have Cathay Pacific Lounge Access At SFO

I am not sure how much longer AS will be flying out of the International Terminal though...

Also, looks like PP does not apply:

"The downside is that those otherwise eligible for Board Room access don’t have access to the Cathay Pacific Lounge. Specifically:

- All Alaska Airlines Board Rooms participate in Priority Pass, though the Cathay Pacific Lounge San Francisco doesn’t

- Ordinarily paid first class passengers on Alaska (whether revenue or award) get Board Room access, though they don’t get access to partner lounges, including the Cathay Pacific one"
Whenever I have had problems with the Cathay lounge in SFO, showing my AA card (OWE) usually clears it up, even if flying Alaska.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Does anyone definitively know the location of the upcoming 2nd lounge in SEA? I'm guessing it may be the old United Club on the B concourse. Although it's a small space, it would be near all the DL gates on the B concourse. Too bad the AMEX Centurion Club took over the (very) old DL club location.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 3:34 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by krlcomm
I checked the PP app and every AS BR is included...
Hmm, I had just been looking at this the other day. I can find the LAX and ANC lounges, but when I try to search for SEA or PDX using either airport code or city name I get, "Sorry no results found."

Edit: Nevermind, I do see them on the PP website. I updated the lounge data, and it showed up there too. I wonder if some lounges got left out initially when they put out the new interface on the app (Version 3.0.1 on iOS).
Old Oct 21, 2015, 3:54 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Very interesting.

-Terminal 6?
-Perhaps the rumors about DL taking over T2 are true?
-A second T5 lounge--where would this go?
-Smaller dedicated Delta One lounges?

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I have no idea where a 2nd SkyClub would go. I don't think the current T6 construction includes a SkyClub, and I can't imagine where one would go at T5. Adjacent to the one already there? Does the DFS take up that whole area on the departure level? I have 4 trips planned over the next 4 weeks out of LAX, so I can look around.

I do know that DL went to LAWA with a proposed $195M project for T5, and LAWA turned it down. LAWA says they decided to pass on that, as there are plans to re-locate airlines in a 1 to 2 year process. "Potential Relocations for efficient operations". (2:39:00)

http://lawa.granicus.com/MediaPlayer...&meta_id=21467

Reading between the lines, it can ONLY be Delta who could move to the north side leading to efficient operations. AA is going to re-gate T4 next year, and have gates at TBIT and the connector is opening soon. UA is starting a huge renovation at T7.

That leaves Delta for T3 and some of T2. Would DL split T5 and T2 for a time as T3 gets a remodel? That would suck.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 3:58 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by formeraa
Does anyone definitively know the location of the upcoming 2nd lounge in SEA? I'm guessing it may be the old United Club on the B concourse. Although it's a small space, it would be near all the DL gates on the B concourse. Too bad the AMEX Centurion Club took over the (very) old DL club location.
The AMEX Club is on B concourse.

I only remember a CRC in SEA at the end of A concourse. Was there a CRC on B concourse that predated the CRC on A concourse?

Or maybe you mean "The Club", which I believe did take the old CRC location at the end of A concourse. That was a very nice location and a nice club, just a long walk down A concourse. Unhappily it was closed in the great CRC massacre of 2008.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/trave...-lounges_N.htm

In any case, the new AMEX club is too small for even SkyClub standards, and is way below par for a Centurion lounge.

AMEX should have saved their money or built a real Centurion lounge.

Originally Posted by carljanderson
Reading between the lines, it can ONLY be Delta who could move to the north side leading to efficient operations. AA is going to re-gate T4 next year, and have gates at TBIT and the connector is opening soon. UA is starting a huge renovation at T7.

That leaves Delta for T3 and some of T2. Would DL split T5 and T2 for a time as T3 gets a remodel? That would suck.
That is the rumor. I think Delta had to give up the master lease on T5 during bankruptcy. In the long run it could be a good move, but in the short run it will be difficult for passengers.

David
Old Oct 21, 2015, 4:08 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
DL SC members losing access to AS BR in 2016

This is no surprise to anyone following the thread about AS Boardroom members losing SkyClub access, but starting next year, SkyClub members won't have Boardroom access. Here's the full text of the e-mail:

CHANGES COMING TO ALASKA BOARD ROOM ACCESS.
Starting January 1, 2016, Alaska Airlines will no longer offer Delta Sky ClubŪ members complimentary access to their four Board Rooms. However, we will continue to welcome you to our 50 airport Clubs and 30 partner lounges across six continents.

We're continuously improving our Clubs with modern renovations and first-class amenities, making them just one more reason to fly Delta.

NO BOARD ROOM? NO WORRIES.
Join us at Delta Sky Club in Los Angeles-LAX, Portland-PDX and Seattle-SEA. For your convenience, we're opening second Club locations at LAX and SEA in late 2016.

ALL DAY DINING.
At breakfast, enjoy hard-boiled eggs, yogurt and fresh fruit. Afternoon and evening options now include fresh salads, soups and desserts. Full service dining is available at New York-JFK T4 and SFO.

PREMIUM DRINK SELECTION.
At THE BAR at Delta Sky ClubŪ, choose from a new selection of premium spirits like Hendrick'sŪ Gin, upgraded complimentary spirits, plus regional craft beers and wines curated by Master Sommelier Andrea Robinson.

CONCIERGE SERVICE.
As always, our Clubs are staffed with Delta professionals to provide you with personalized service and flight assistance so you can use your time for you.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Perhaps mods can merge with this thread, and retitle to something like "Starting in 2016, Delta Sky Clubs and Alaska Board Rooms Discontinue Reciprocal Access"
Old Oct 21, 2015, 4:20 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, ☆A Gold, Hertz 5☆
I noticed some terse words while reading the email. "Alaska Airlines will no longer offer Delta Sky ClubŪ members complimentary access to their four Board Rooms. However, we will continue to welcome you to our 50 airport Clubs and 30 partner lounges1 across six continents. "

Emphasis of FOUR vs. FIFTY (50).
Old Oct 21, 2015, 4:54 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
It is almost insulting how they always try to put a positive spin on these emails detailing loss of perks or program devaluation. I hope this is not yet another sign of the amplification of the "frenemies" situation with DL and AS. I would miss the DCA<>SEA/PDX/LAX nonstops...
Old Oct 21, 2015, 5:01 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by DiverDave

That is the rumor. I think Delta had to give up the master lease on T5 during bankruptcy. In the long run it could be a good move, but in the short run it will be difficult for passengers.

David
That's no good. How would you know where to check in? Are there enough international departures to split it that way? Also, T-5, while small, is nice with the marble floors and high ceilings and sky lights.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 5:05 pm

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
It was only a matter of time, after DL cut access to AS BR members. I really hope DL still keeps AS a partner, maybe move 'em up to Group 1 (wishful thinking?!)!
But, considering DL moved AS down to Group 3, with no MQD-earning potential, wouldn't surprise me if they completely axe their partnership in 2016!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.