Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Food Getting Better

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2020, 2:02 am

No, honest. I can see the chicken under the speck of dill.
jdrtravel likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 5:48 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
At SC JFK T4 on 1/8/20 for the first time PAPER plates were gone!
Old Jan 10, 2020, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
A beverage observation... I have become accustomed to the ATL club bar tenders using the 1 oz end of the jigger. But, I ordered a G&T on the last club visit and the bar tender half-filled the 1 oz jigger.

When I asked why, she told me that she had been disciplined for dispensing a full oz of spirits when she mixed drinks.

Any similar experiences?

And... bring back the pimento cheese salad!
Old Jan 10, 2020, 10:15 am

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by USCTrojan83
This looks great, though I do wish they would sometimes lay off the herbs to mask the fact the protein they are using isn't real. That chicken, for example, is covered in dill for no reason.
I think that the Fake Chicken complaint used to be valid, but I haven’t seen that being used most of last year. I’m seeing actual chicken and pork and beef.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 10:18 am

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
A beverage observation... I have become accustomed to the ATL club bar tenders using the 1 oz end of the jigger. But, I ordered a G&T on the last club visit and the bar tender half-filled the 1 oz jigger.

When I asked why, she told me that she had been disciplined for dispensing a full oz of spirits when she mixed drinks.

Any similar experiences?

And... bring back the pimento cheese salad!
I just knew this was going to be ATL. The bartenders by and large are not great. Next time order two Extra Dry Gin Martinis an empty glassand a side of tonic and mix the drink your self. Then send in a complaint about the bartender.

+100 on bringing back the Pimento Cheese.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 12:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by puck021
I just knew this was going to be ATL. The bartenders by and large are not great. Next time order two Extra Dry Gin Martinis an empty glassand a side of tonic and mix the drink your self. Then send in a complaint about the bartender.

+100 on bringing back the Pimento Cheese.
But like at LGA they will reply back with only one drink per person at a time. I wasn’t asking but overheard this take place.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 2:07 am

Originally Posted by puck021
I think that the Fake Chicken complaint used to be valid, but I haven’t seen that being used most of last year. I’m seeing actual chicken and pork and beef.
Compared to a couple years ago, it's been a massive improvement as far as the meat quality... The hot chicken dishes are almost all real chicken nowadays, in addition many of the clubs are offering a "flame roasted" cold chicken for salads that is very good. However, some of the clubs (MCO, JFK T2, etc) are using the old "chicken type meat" for their cold salad offerings. To mask the flavor and cover fact its not real chicken, they have been using either a lot of dill or chopped parsley mixed in with the pieces it's very off-putting and unnecessary, especially if you don't care for those herbs.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Compared to a couple years ago, it's been a massive improvement as far as the meat quality... The hot chicken dishes are almost all real chicken nowadays, in addition many of the clubs are offering a "flame roasted" cold chicken for salads that is very good. However, some of the clubs (MCO, JFK T2, etc) are using the old "chicken type meat" for their cold salad offerings. To mask the flavor and cover fact its not real chicken, they have been using either a lot of dill or chopped parsley mixed in with the pieces it's very off-putting and unnecessary, especially if you don't care for those herbs.
How can they call it chicken if it's not real?
Old Jan 11, 2020, 2:29 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
Originally Posted by lsquare
How can they call it chicken if it's not real?
Subway's been doing since, well, forever.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 2:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by ekozie
Subway's been doing since, well, forever.
Oh really? lmao!
Old Jan 11, 2020, 4:46 am

It's chicken. I suspect people who say it's not "real" chicken are meaning that they think it's some sort of processed "mechanically separated" product (e.g. chicken mcnuggets)
lsquare likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 8:35 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
dill or chopped parsley.
These are pretty mild and common flavors. It seems like you really just don't like dill and wish they would not use it. I doubt it is there to hide the quality of the chicken.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 9:43 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, WN A-List Preferred, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz President's Circle
In ATL B SC tonight, my husband said they made an announcement over the PA to remind guests that "no outside food may be brought into the club."
Of course, as he noted, stop serving crap and maybe that wouldn't be a problem (he said two of the four serving dishes were empty, as were both soups, and none replaced in the 40 minutes he was there between 5:30-6:30 p.m.). But just out of curiosity, what difference does it make if people bring in outside food, other than potential cleanup issues? You've already paid your membership, so it's not as if you're denying Delta extra money if you opt to bring in a pizza from Varasano's because you don't want damn sweet potato hash for the 64th time. It's not exactly the same thing as a sports/concert venue where they want you to spend $5 on THEIR bottle of water.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 10:12 pm

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA
Originally Posted by melissaru
In ATL B SC tonight, my husband said they made an announcement over the PA to remind guests that "no outside food may be brought into the club."
Of course, as he noted, stop serving crap and maybe that wouldn't be a problem (he said two of the four serving dishes were empty, as were both soups, and none replaced in the 40 minutes he was there between 5:30-6:30 p.m.). But just out of curiosity, what difference does it make if people bring in outside food, other than potential cleanup issues? You've already paid your membership, so it's not as if you're denying Delta extra money if you opt to bring in a pizza from Varasano's because you don't want damn sweet potato hash for the 64th time. It's not exactly the same thing as a sports/concert venue where they want you to spend $5 on THEIR bottle of water.
I agree with you. I imagine it is some sort of liability thing though with outside food and beverage. There is a thread either in the AA or UA thread that says that you are allowed to bring your own food into the respective club but I doubt that as well. There is even a DL thread here where a poster says they got sick within 24 hours or less in a DL Skyclub. What if it was outside food that "potentially" got them sick but they blamed the Skyclub food.. Or someone brings in an outside beverage and spills it all over the stairs going up to the club and doesn't tell anyone, and the next poor soul takes a dive coming up the stairs and blames DL. Agree these are very far out situations but in this sue happy litigious society I wouldn't take the chance either.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 8:16 am

Programs: DL DM PM
Originally Posted by melissaru
The mess of wrappers and fallen scraps, the stench of fried food throughout the club... I'm glad they don't allow outside food.
DenverBrian likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.