Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta weather notice for NYC blizzard?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2015, 11:39 am

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
I'm sitting at BDL right now and the GA offered me VDB compensation to depart on a flight tomorrow. It's rather generous ($800) so I asked If they'd give me a hotel and the agent said yes so I agreed should they need me.

But might they use the the WX as an "excuse" not to give me a hotel, even though to me this is a VDB situation?
Old Jan 26, 2015, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by Oakshadow
I'm sitting at BDL right now and the GA offered me VDB compensation to depart on a flight tomorrow. It's rather generous ($800) so I asked If they'd give me a hotel and the agent said yes so I agreed should they need me.

But might they use the the WX as an "excuse" not to give me a hotel, even though to me this is a VDB situation?
It's highly unlikely you'd actually get out of BDL tomorrow (in fact I'm surprised they are showing any flights as still operating out of BDL at all tomorrow). I wouldn't accept this VDB unless they give you hotel vouchers for all days until you can actually get out.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 11:54 am

Programs: Delta Dirt Medallion,AA,USairways, WN Rapid Rewards, National Emerald Club

Consider that the NWS is forecasting for BDL 10-16 inches tonight and 10-14 inches tomorrow.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 12:29 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by hazelrah
Consider that the NWS is forecasting for BDL 10-16 inches tonight and 10-14 inches tomorrow.
They ended up not needing me. No telling where my boneheaded compensation tempting would've led me.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 12:31 pm

Programs: Delta Dirt Medallion,AA,USairways, WN Rapid Rewards, National Emerald Club
They ended up not needing me. No telling where my boneheaded compensation tempting would've led me.
Possibly stranded in BDL for 2 days or more
Old Jan 26, 2015, 12:47 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Oh boy, flying DUB-JFK-LAX on Wed. Tomorrow (Tues) DUB-JFK has been canceled. Hopefully late Wed things will be operating. Called and offered to do DUB-LHR-LAX (as LHR-LAX is wide open) but said nope, you gotta pay fees.

And to be a DYKWIA -- there goes my JFK-LAX upgrade Wed. Normally not that worried but it will be my first ever miss on that route, going back to being PM just after the merger.

Hope everybody stays safe...
Old Jan 26, 2015, 12:57 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Premier, AA Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by AirTheory
I'm on DL16 LAX-JFK. It looks like were gonna get out! Last flight into JFK DM line said before the storm hits. Just boarding now. I wonder if were actually gonna land in NYC
Originally Posted by ricvaflyer
wow. divert to PA instead seems likely. Kind of surprised they're getting that in.
It's coming down now... I'm thinking by 5, it could be diverted.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 1:05 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by Pathfinder813
It's coming down now... I'm thinking by 5, it could be diverted.

We'll see - still scheduled for 5:37PM arrival, and it's over Omaha at the moment. Really is starting to snow out there...
Old Jan 26, 2015, 6:02 pm

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
763 at CLE

Flight 32 operated BRU-JFK B763 then operated 8939 to CLE but now flying 8849 to ATL. Why would it not just go to ATL from JFK unless this was a last minute change.
I figured this out. 8939 brought the Portland Trailblazers to CLE as their game was cancelled. 8849 was the ferry to ATL. Neet they got to fly a 767 usually a 757.

Last edited by buckeyefanflyer; Jan 26, 2015 at 6:43 pm
Old Jan 26, 2015, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by ricvaflyer
wow. divert to PA instead seems likely. Kind of surprised they're getting that in.
I see DL 16 arrived in JFK on schedule.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 7:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Amazing. Isn't DL worried about the aircraft being stuck at JFK fo several days? Is this a 777?
Old Jan 26, 2015, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Amazing. Isn't DL worried about the aircraft being stuck at JFK fo several days? Is this a 777?
That particular a/c (763) is on its way to FRA as DL410.

They did send a handful of 763s & 764s to CVG to ride out the storm however.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others

If they go WX before arranging your compensation, you get nothing. Once they decide they need you, take the vouchers and leave. Then, if the flight later goes WX, you still have the vouchers while you're sitting in your hotel room.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 5:31 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
NYC was spared the brunt of this storm. Boston not so much.

Good luck to everyone with their travel plans.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 5:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by davisew
That particular a/c (763) is on its way to FRA as DL410.

They did send a handful of 763s & 764s to CVG to ride out the storm however.
It must be fun for the folks in CVG to see the big birds parked there, but it would also be a sad reminder of what was once a major hub.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.