Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta weather notice for NYC blizzard?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2015, 10:55 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Turbo Diamond, Functioning Alcoholic, Hertz Pres Circle (When they have cars), Marriott Lifer
Originally Posted by NotHamSarnie
yup that may be a problem. I'm leaving Tuesday night but really I'm just concerned about making my a.m. meeting tomorrow. An extra day in DC doesn't bother me. Like you, UGs both cleared on the return, neither cleared on the outbound with no chance of a BFUG.
I think you should be ok.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 12:36 pm
Suspended

yup that may be a problem. I'm leaving Tuesday night but really I'm just concerned about making my a.m. meeting tomorrow. An extra day in DC doesn't bother me. Like you, UGs both cleared on the return, neither cleared on the outbound with no chance of a BFUG.
Can you leave right after your meeting? Better by out by Monday evening than Tuesday.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 12:39 pm

Programs: DL DM
Was able to switch to a flight out of JFK tonight instead of Tuesday and heading back a couple days earlier.

Looks like we're just gonna miss this weather event, at least.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 12:48 pm

Programs: DL DM PM
Originally Posted by dieuwer2
Can you leave right after your meeting? Better by out by Monday evening than Tuesday.
Unfortunately I have a dinner Monday evening and another meeting Tuesday that ends at 3pm. I think the logistics of this group of events will be interesting if the conditions within DC are bad. It's all within metro DC so as long as the subway stays open we should be ok.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 12:50 pm
Suspended

Unfortunately I have a dinner Monday evening and another meeting Tuesday that ends at 3pm. I think the logistics of this group of events will be interesting if the conditions within DC are bad. It's all within metro DC so as long as the subway stays open we should be ok.
You assume that the other parties to the Tuesday meeting will show up. Are you sure of that? Would be silly if you sit in an empty room on Tuesday.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 12:54 pm

Programs: DL DM PM
Originally Posted by dieuwer2
You assume that the other parties to the Tuesday meeting will show up. Are you sure of that? Would be silly if you sit in an empty room on Tuesday.
The hosts are based in metro DC so I expect they will, but you're right that attendance may be reduced if conditions are grim. It's one of those things I can't take a chance on missing so I'm stuck doing it. I'm most concerned about my colleague who's flying up tomorrow morning and fear I may be the only representative at the first meeting.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 1:04 pm
Suspended

The hosts are based in metro DC so I expect they will, but you're right that attendance may be reduced if conditions are grim. It's one of those things I can't take a chance on missing so I'm stuck doing it. I'm most concerned about my colleague who's flying up tomorrow morning and fear I may be the only representative at the first meeting.
Maybe make some cancelable hotel reservations just in case...
Old Jan 25, 2015, 3:54 pm

Programs: UA MM (former 1K) - DL PM (former DM) - Marriott Platinum
Delta just cancelled Tuesday morning's flight 2531 BOS-LAX. They've rerouted me BOS-JAX-ATL-LAX.

Ugh...
Old Jan 25, 2015, 3:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
Updated Blizzard warning for NYC metro area: 20-30 inches snow. 35-40 mph sustained winds, gusts to 65 mph Monday night and all day Tuesday. That will shut things down for a bit..
Old Jan 25, 2015, 4:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Turbo Diamond, Functioning Alcoholic, Hertz Pres Circle (When they have cars), Marriott Lifer
Originally Posted by LAX-1K
Delta just cancelled Tuesday morning's flight 2531 BOS-LAX. They've rerouted me BOS-JAX-ATL-LAX.

Ugh...
Don't worry, that one will cancel too.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 4:31 pm

Programs: DL PM, Natl-Exec Elite, Hertz-President Circle, Marriot/Starwood-Gold, HHonors-Gold
Headed into LGA on the first DTW-LGA flight tomorrow. Looks like I will be working from the hotel for a few days this week.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 5:09 pm

I have a Delta 7am flight from LGA to MIA on Wednesday. Any thoughts on if that flight will take off? Taking a cruise out of MIA on Wed so need to catch this flight.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 5:24 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by iceyburnz
I have a Delta 7am flight from LGA to MIA on Wednesday. Any thoughts on if that flight will take off? Taking a cruise out of MIA on Wed so need to catch this flight.
Plan on it not going. Your options at this point are very poor.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 5:28 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by iceyburnz
You are going to fly NOW, or not until Thursday morning.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 5:32 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, B6, CX, KE, Latitude, VIFP, Crown & Anchor, etc.
Originally Posted by Unexpected Rough Heir
Plan on it not going. Your options at this point are very poor.
Agreed, even if flight ops at LGA resumed by Wednesday, it will likely be midday or afternoon after they cleared the runways & crew/ground support can make their way in after the blizzard, don't see anything changing for the better on weather forecast.
Amtrak down to MIA tomorrow as a last resort, unless it's a fly-n-cruise package and/or have insurance - or, get south of DCA/IAD by bus & continue via Amtrak. Snowbirds are all trying to get out of town to outrun the storm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.