Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

OFFICAL from Delta: Award Stopovers & Open Jaw GONE #Skymiles2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OFFICAL from Delta: Award Stopovers & Open Jaw GONE #Skymiles2015

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2014, 12:51 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by Lack
Same destinations :-). Might have forced an open jaw too, but intra-NZ flights are cheap enough (plus I very much like ANZ) to let it go.
Actually, I will be arriving in ZQN and taking several weeks to meander around and depart from AKL to SYD with a stopover in SYD.

Besides, it was the principle - I wanted to get it all for 160K.

David
Old Dec 31, 2014, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by DiverDave
Actually, I will be arriving in ZQN and taking several weeks to meander around and depart from AKL to SYD with a stopover in SYD.
Exactly the same as I wanted, but got SYD-AKL for simplicity. AKL-ZQN is less then $100 with ANZ, even cheaper for CHC or other south island airports.
All things considered, I'm mostly happy to skip the extra YQ for flying AF/KLM.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 1:21 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by beofotch
RDU - LAX DL F (overnight in LAX)
LAX - JFK - RDU DL F (red-eye LAX - JFK and operated by the premium business class)
Wowsers. TPAC legs in BE are easy, domestic FC legs are almost impossible to find in low at least out of HSV.

David
Old Dec 31, 2014, 1:34 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Wowsers. TPAC legs in BE are easy, domestic FC legs are almost impossible to find in low at least out of HSV.

David
Yea no kidding. He actually wanted CLT and CLT - ATL in F and ATL - LAX in coach was available on the way out and on the way back LAX - DTW in coach and DTW - CLT the next day in coach was available but the RDU non-stop was available which was solid and LAX - JFK in BE was a coup (I guess because it was thanksgiving day)
Old Dec 31, 2014, 2:12 pm

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Originally Posted by BenA
+1. I called in today and spent two hours on the line with a helpful SLCRES agent, but she was unable to ticket anything including a stopover at the correct price (not even including an open jaw!). She called the international ticket issuance desk for assistance and they were unable to get the free stopover in there, either.

It really stinks that Delta lied about the policy change and has instituted it early, despite the notice on their web site saying we have until tomorrow to book tickets under the old rules.
Yep, I was unable to price anything correctly when a stopover is involved. The agent sent it to international rate desk or something called like that and was told it's either not price-able or I would get something like 190k (rather than 140k). Basically 140k + 50k (for that one-way treated as round trip).

Originally Posted by lamont2718
If you have only one stopover and no open-jaws in your itinerary, I would try calling again. I was able to book my award successfully with the CDG stopover once I dropped the open-jaw.
Per my other post, I ended up dropping the stopover and kept an open jaw. I just bought a ticket for the intra-Euro flight for another $120.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club

David
Not on Delta metal. I've been doing some studying of Delta awards to keep track of how exactly things change under the 5 tier system in 2015. In my sample, I found only 3.59% of my TPAC searches had Low level BE awards for that day. Domestic results were better at 28.54%. Of course it can vary by city and route (the purpose was not to look at overall award availability, but to track the availability distribution for a given route before and after the 5 tier chart goes into effect) but I was shocked at how bad it was for TPAC. LAX-SYD was the worst at exactly 0 low awards across the ~10 months I searched. SEA-PEK hovered around 4% and DTW-ICN a bit south of 7%.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.