Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New Delta Award Redemption Charts Released

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 6, 2014, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TheBOSman
Direct link at Delta.com: http://www.delta.com/content/dam/delta-www/skymiles/2015-program/2015SMP-award.pdf
Print Wikipost

New Delta Award Redemption Charts Released

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2014, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
I think many airlines will follow especially DL's competitors. And it is not because they want to screw us, but they will want to prevent HVC's from fleeing to DL.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 10:11 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by hfly
Trojan, you may very well be correct as what you say about the Concorde rings a bell (further demonstrating how expensive things have gotten!)
Concorde flights were a great use of miles. I greatly miss the experience of taking off from JFK (they sped up faster out of JFK as they were overwater fairly soon, as opposed to CDG). And it was loud, which I thought was great. You could even feel the power of the plane inside the Gate 6 club when a Corcorde was taking off.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
Concorde flights were a great use of miles. I greatly miss the experience of taking off from JFK (they sped up faster out of JFK as they were overwater fairly soon, as opposed to CDG). And it was loud, which I thought was great. You could even feel the power of the plane inside the Gate 6 club when a Corcorde was taking off.
Now that is something I will pay YQ to experience.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 10:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by UA Fan
Now that is something I will pay YQ to experience.
I've happily paid YQ for IFC on SQ. It's probably less than the value of the F&B I consume on board and in the lounges. YQ is less than the cost of a bottle of Krug or Dom in each direction.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I've happily paid YQ for IFC on SQ. It's probably less than the value of the F&B I consume on board and in the lounges. YQ is less than the cost of a bottle of Krug or Dom in each direction.
SQ redemptions with DL miles had YQ? How much? And for Y awards as well?
Old Mar 13, 2014, 11:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by UA Fan
SQ redemptions with DL miles had YQ? How much? And for Y awards as well?
I never checked for international Y awards: not interested.

IIRC YQ was about $400 for a TPAC RT in FC, but of course it depended on the specific routing.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 9:45 pm

New award chart released

Did anyone notice that the new DL 5 tier award chart is now available on DL.com?

Maybe I am late to the party on this but at first glance I like what I see.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
It's been there since a few days after they announced revenue based earning.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Been there for a while: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-released.html

Consensus is that we aren't going to see that many tier 1/2 awards, though...
Old Sep 24, 2014, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by gooselee
Been there for a while: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-released.html

Consensus is that we aren't going to see that many tier 1/2 awards, though...
Are partner awards still going to book into Level 1? That's all I really care about.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by seychellesbound
Are partner awards still going to book into Level 1? That's all I really care about.
I don't believe that has been confirmed one way or the other yet.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by javabytes
I don't believe that has been confirmed one way or the other yet.
My guess is they will follow UA's lead and make all partner awards book into Level 2, which would represent a HUGE devaluation. Let's hope for the best.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 10:37 pm
Formerly known as jbalis

Programs: Delta Diamond, Starwood Gold, National Executive, MGM Noir,
and those of us that live in Asia are still waiting for the chart to come out.....wondering if they are planning on telling us sometime as we might want to book tickets.....just a helpful thought
Old Sep 24, 2014, 10:53 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by seychellesbound
My guess is they will follow UA's lead and make all partner awards book into Level 2, which would represent a HUGE devaluation. Let's hope for the best.
Now, why in the world would you think that they'd do some kind of "copycat" thing?!?!?

That said, I wonder how awards would work, for example, to TXL, where I go frequently. Since DL doesn't fly there any more, I hafto take DL (preferably) to either AMS or CDG, then KL or AF for a short hop. Would the short hop intra-EUR flight automatically kick me up to level 2? (minimum)

Last edited by davetravels; Sep 24, 2014 at 10:59 pm
Old Sep 24, 2014, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by davetravels
Now, why in the world would you think that they'd do some kind of "copycat" thing?!?!?

That said, I wonder how awards would work, for example, to TXL, where I go frequently. Since DL doesn't fly there any more, I hafto take DL (preferably) to either AMS or CDG, then KL or AF for a short hop. Would the short hop intra-EUR flight automatically kick me up to level 2? (minimum)
If DL copies UA, TATL J followed by intra-EUR Y would book at the lower tier award. J to J would be the higher tier. If DL were to really copy US, they would add three class F for even more miles vs capping at J

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.