Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New Delta Award Redemption Charts Released

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 6, 2014, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TheBOSman
Direct link at Delta.com: http://www.delta.com/content/dam/delta-www/skymiles/2015-program/2015SMP-award.pdf
Print Wikipost

New Delta Award Redemption Charts Released

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2014, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes 5k, that is the point of that kind of pricing.

Remy, IIRC the last time that Af F was available I believe it was 160k RT which was not a ridiculous amount and was less than double what Biz was at the time (and less than half of what top level Biz is now)
Old Mar 11, 2014, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by fti
And when you redeemed an award, you not only received the flight, you also received a voucher for a hotel and a car rental as well (at least with NW).
Wow. That is something. What else happened in the good old days? (apart from being able to redeem a seat as long as it available for purchase).
Old Mar 11, 2014, 11:12 am

Programs: DL DM
Fits with my memory - A lot of miles, but not outrageous and definitely felt worth the cost.

Originally Posted by hfly
Remy, IIRC the last time that Af F was available I believe it was 160k RT which was not a ridiculous amount and was less than double what Biz was at the time (and less than half of what top level Biz is now)
Old Mar 11, 2014, 4:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by remyontheroad
You used to be able to book International F.

I redeemed for an AF First Class ticket several years ago. Pajamas, the whole deal. IT was fun. Wish I could remember how many miles I paid.

As for High level redemption, I'd actually think that in a lot of cases, a last minute TATL J at 325K would be a better value than what you could get for $3,500 of PWM.

Not that I'd willingly do either, but if you're stuck you're stuck.
AFAIK we haven't been able to use DL miles for SkyTeam partner IFC flights at least since the merger. It's apparently due to a SkyTeam rule, since DL doesn't offer IFC.

OTOH, I got some very nice SQ IFC award tickets just before DL closed that door.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 6:05 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Not what you said in your first post.....

And....they never fly DL anymore unless it's absolutely unavoidable.

Bottom line, a savvy international traveler won't fly DL unless there's no choice.

Still pretty standard for UA and AA. UA has gone up a bit for partner F, but still the programs at UA and AA are so much better than DL.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 12:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

5k, this line sort of said it, "the purpose of such high levels is a form of pricing referred to in Hollywood as the F U price"
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:47 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
AFAIK we haven't been able to use DL miles for SkyTeam partner IFC flights at least since the merger. It's apparently due to a SkyTeam rule, since DL doesn't offer IFC.

OTOH, I got some very nice SQ IFC award tickets just before DL closed that door.
It's not a result of a SkyTeam rule about having IFC.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 8:06 am
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by scottsam66
Seems like you are whining about the whining. Didn't your momma ever teach you about two wrongs not making a right???
Cut your own DL loving crapola!
Pip pip cheerio
Sometimes the truth hurts.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 1:14 pm

Programs: DM/3MM

Around 2004 AF F was 140,000 miles (as was SQ F when that was available). That may have increased it after that. I recall making such a redemption. When AF Concorde was still flying it was 160,000 miles...definitely took advantage of that.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

From some internal source I have just heard that at least one major airline will copy DL.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 2:23 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by UA Fan
From some internal source I have just heard that at least one major airline will copy DL.
Copy what - having 5 tiers?

David
Old Mar 12, 2014, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DiverDave
Copy what - having 5 tiers?

David
The revenue based earn model.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Trojan, you may very well be correct as what you say about the Concorde rings a bell (further demonstrating how expensive things have gotten!)
Old Mar 13, 2014, 8:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
Around 2004 AF F was 140,000 miles (as was SQ F when that was available). That may have increased it after that. I recall making such a redemption. When AF Concorde was still flying it was 160,000 miles...definitely took advantage of that.
In the last days of DL's partnership with SQ, TPAC IFC was 140,000 RT and business class was 120,000 RT. I found availability to be amazingly good, much better than the award inventory that SQ offered to its *A partners. There was nothing at all (except for a few coach seats, primarily on regional flights) on the ANA website, but when I called, DL agents were able to find dates that worked for me.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
If anyone copies, its almost certain it would be UA... they follow pretty much whatever DL is doing on the downward trip to the basement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.