Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New Delta Award Redemption Charts Released

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 6, 2014, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TheBOSman
Direct link at Delta.com: http://www.delta.com/content/dam/delta-www/skymiles/2015-program/2015SMP-award.pdf
Print Wikipost

New Delta Award Redemption Charts Released

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2014, 9:23 pm

Programs: AA PLT/3MM, UA GM/1MM, DL DM/1MM, FB Plat, AS MVP Gold, WN AList+
Originally Posted by javabytes
Days like this help keep things in perspective.

Malaysia Airlines loses contact with Boeing 777-200 carrying 227 passengers

We've passionately debated topics here that, when you get down to it, are just business, trivial in the grand scheme of things. Be thankful for every safe flight no matter who you're flying, and thoughts go out to those on board and their loved ones.
...and not seem callous due to the order of postings...you bet!

In the greater scheme of things the vast majority of things debated on this board are all relatively minor - at best.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 1:21 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite, AA Platinum Pro, Hertz Presidents
Originally Posted by Beckles
And regardless of all the other missing charts you're fretting about what is published covers what are likely a vast majority of actual redemptions making the information anything but 'pretty useless' as you claimed.
My my you are certainly going to bat for DL in this thread.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 2:25 am

Originally Posted by cottonpatch
Ha....I remember how well that went. This new chart is just a shell game. Don't be fooled by the moving hands.
You are right on. Yea, I have followed the game from like 1981 or 1982. Ponzi schemes and consumer fraud that the flying public has been conditioned to accept.

Conditioned. Propaganda. Putin-like.

Suckers you have been Conditioned!
Old Mar 8, 2014, 2:35 am

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
No one seems to be happy on this thread.

DL just get rid of the FF program.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 2:44 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by kettle1
DL just get rid of the FF program.
That is what some DL loyalists seem to want and have said so too.

It just goes to show how anti-customer Team DL and its cheerleaders are.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 3:47 am

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Originally Posted by GUWonder
That is what some DL loyalists seem to want and have said so too.

It just goes to show how anti-customer Team DL and its cheerleaders are.
I am no DL loyalist or cheerleader.

I am sick of people bitc*ing daily about the new program they know nothing about at this point (only parts of the program) . I may be wrong on Jan 1st, 2015. Until than cut the cr*p. Since DL is so bad, jump ship. The last I saw UA has a few open seats. It may be on a RJ, but it is an open seat with "friendly skies" attitude and "friendly" food choices. Enjoy your trip to the other side (which I left).

Until everything comes out from DL on the new FF policy - Quit whining, or move on. DL released this about 6 months early. What else do you want. It is what it is. Take it or leave it.

And please don't call me a DL loyalist or cheerleader as I was called in the former post. If the new program sucks for me I'll be the first to say so. Until the full details are released, cut the cr*p. Cheers.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 4:26 am

Programs: Delta, United

I am sick of people bitc*ing daily about the new program they know nothing about at this point (only parts of the program) . I may be wrong on Jan 1st, 2015. Until than cut the cr*p. Since DL is so bad, jump ship. The last I saw UA has a few open seats. It may be on a RJ, but it is an open seat with "friendly skies" attitude and "friendly" food choices. Enjoy your trip to the other side (which I left).

Until everything comes out from DL on the new FF policy - Quit whining, or move on. DL released this about 6 months early. What else do you want. It is what it is. Take it or leave it.

And please don't call me a DL loyalist or cheerleader as I was called in the former post. If the new program sucks for me I'll be the first to say so. Until the full details are released, cut the cr*p. Cheers.
I more or less agree. That said Delta needs to step up to the plate and get the DAMN award calendar fixed by 1 Jan 2015. I can understand program the changes. I may not like them but I understand the business decision. Just like the other changes they have made over the past few years. But the calendar is a not program change issue it is an implementation issue. If people could search find awards fares and feel like they were able to find the best value it would go a long ways. As of right now it is a convoluted PITA.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 5:56 am
Suspended

I am no DL loyalist or cheerleader, but it doesn't matter how I or anyone else chooses to describe themselves on here in that regard. Now, I'm a DL loyalist and cheerleader.

I am sick of people bitc*ing daily about the new program they know nothing about at this point (only parts of the program) .
Oh, come on. Plenty of people know plenty about the "new" program. And DL gets the criticism that DL deserves, no less given DL's history in this area.

I may be wrong on Jan 1st, 2015.
Right or wrong, same outcome.

Until than cut the cr*p.
Can't cut that which was never delivered.

Since DL is so bad, jump ship.
That's one way to react to customer-unfriendly moves by DL, but it's not the only way to react to customer-unfriendly moves by DL.

ROTFLOL Everything on these changes will not come out from DL and be allowed to remain posted anywhere.

And please don't call me a DL loyalist or cheerleader as I was called in the former post.
As if I even mentioned you in that post.

There are members of Team DL who seem to want to see SkyMiles eliminated.

If the new program sucks for me I'll be the first to say so. Until the full details are released, cut the cr*p. Cheers.
Can't cut that which wasn't delivered. Unlike with what DL will do to award space availability on its metal at the historically most marketed kind of mileage price level for award tickets (i.e., the level that is equivalent of a RT USCON48 trip @25k miles). Cut, cut, cut.

Last edited by GUWonder; Mar 8, 2014 at 6:02 am
Old Mar 8, 2014, 6:00 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by FlyingUnderTheRadar
I more or less agree. That said Delta needs to step up to the plate and get the DAMN award calendar fixed by 1 Jan 2015. I can understand program the changes. I may not like them but I understand the business decision. Just like the other changes they have made over the past few years. But the calendar is a not program change issue it is an implementation issue. If people could search find awards fares and feel like they were able to find the best value it would go a long ways. As of right now it is a convoluted PITA.
The "broken" award calendar is going to remain a convoluted mechanism beyond the 1st of January 2015.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 6:20 am

Programs: DL DM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold
I may be wrong on Jan 1st, 2015. Until than cut the cr*p. Since DL is so bad, jump ship.
All some of us want is transparency. If their continued profits require opacity to snooker many into staying around until it's too late in the year to jump ship, that's shady.

Many here and elsewhere wanted more transparency on this issue and to DL's credit, they delivered. We likely would have had to wait until Q4 if screams for transparency hadn't risen to a level that made them act earlier than they originally planned. That's not "crap", it's the yin and yang of business/customer relations.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 7:00 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Eh - promised not to get dragged back into this thread. Mods, please delete.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 8:38 am

The only thing I have noticed from this chart it is pretty much staying the same, a few changes, and people are getting screwed. Getting less miles every time we fly and the reward levels are staying the same. So I am going to get as many miles possible this year and will probably jump over to AA or UA if they dont follow the leader come 2015. Unless I am missing something on the reward chart??
Old Mar 8, 2014, 8:55 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM

There is a very good reason why a lot of us are whining, and you can thank Delta for that. They promised us a better award experience when they went from 2 tiers to 3 tiers. Well, where did that get us? Now, we go from 3 tiers to 5 tiers with the 'promise' of more awards at lower miles. I am sure DL will throw in a few 12,500 cheapies from JFK to FLL, but I will bet anyone on here that J international award levels, especially from the 48C to SE Asaia, will stay the same or go higher. Plus, if you can find a single low award J seat on any given particluar dates, that is all you will find. Good luck trying to find a 2nd J seat for your traveling partner, let along family of 4. That is why you get a lot of the whining.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 8:58 am

Programs: AA- EXP 3mm, Marriott Titanium(Lifetime), *wood Plat, Hertz Pres. Circle, *bucks Gold, Joan Ranger
5 levels, just what we have been asking for, NOT!

DL what are you smoking'?
Old Mar 8, 2014, 8:58 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by MIKETWA1
The only thing I have noticed from this chart it is pretty much staying the same, a few changes, and people are getting screwed. Getting less miles every time we fly and the reward levels are staying the same. So I am going to get as many miles possible this year and will probably jump over to AA or UA if they dont follow the leader come 2015. Unless I am missing something on the reward chart??
I'm in the same boat. The other deal breaker for me is when they took away premium transcon upgrades. Delta opened the door for me to change what airline I stay loyal with.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.