Old Feb 26, 2014, 8:36 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by TripleD
Loyalty has limits.
"Loyalty is a suckers bet".
Old Feb 26, 2014, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Remember, it might be skewed to higher spend pax, but even they get hosed with a maximum limit of 75k miles.

Also, notice the example for miles+cash... 35k for a ticket or 25k+$159. That implies a value of 10k miles at 1.59c/mi instead of the current PWM at 1c/mi.
Does that mean PWM is going away or changing also to a different valuation?
Old Feb 26, 2014, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
I will remain loyal because I generally think you guys do a great job with your core service, but I do want to voice that I am unhappy with what seems like a very, very significant reduction in benefits.
And that's why they continue to pull this crap - because people will still fly them regardless of the devaluation.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 8:40 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by TripleD
"When will the 2015 Award charts be available? - They will be available in the last quarter of 2014 and will be effective for new bookings beginning January 1, 2015."

Delta

Who am I? I was a Charter Diamond and have been continuously a Diamond. I am close to being a 2 million miler. I fly almost always in Business, and my spend is between $50,000 and $100,000 a year in airfare. I run an international department, and my employees fly with me. Our spend is $500,000.

Why am I annoyed with Delta? Because of the games that are being played with the flyer program. Withholding information, such as the new reward chart, is plainly an attempt to manipulate frequent flyers. Should I use my miles now or wait? Will the new structure be better for me or not? You know, but you will not tell me.

What can I do? Take my money elsewhere. I have just become AA Executive Platinum. They value my business and were happy to have me.

Loyalty has limits.
Awesome. My business means jack to DL but yours means something. I hope a lot of people with your level of spend send the same message.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 8:41 am
Suspended

This devaluation also means all Delta Amex credit cards have become instantaneously worthless too.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 8:42 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by rylan
Remember, it might be skewed to higher spend pax, but even they get hosed with a maximum limit of 75k miles.

Also, notice the example for miles+cash... 35k for a ticket or 25k+$159. That implies a value of 10k miles at 1.59c/mi instead of the current PWM at 1c/mi.
Does that mean PWM is going away or changing also to a different valuation?
Yes, that removes a benefit that was exclusive to DL Amex cards. I wonder how Amex feels about that. Maybe you'll get a better rate if you have the card.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 8:42 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Superguy
And that's why they continue to pull this crap - because people will still fly them regardless of the devaluation.
Agreed. The sad thing is brainwashed people cannot think clearly anymore.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 8:44 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Superguy
What choice do we really have?
Old Feb 26, 2014, 8:44 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by dieuwer2
This devaluation also means all Delta Amex credit cards have become instantaneously worthless too.
Depends on the situation and whether you need the free bag, SC entry, etc.

Actually if you think about it the Amex may become more valuable. For the vast majority of people they will earn fewer RDM from flying but they can still earn the same 1 mi/$ or 2mi/$ on DL purchases, without limit. That means a greater percentage of one's earn will be on the card.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 8:45 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by dieuwer2
Agreed. The sad thing is brainwashed people cannot think clearly anymore.
As the Who said, "the hypnotized never lie."

AKA Stockholm Syndrome
Old Feb 26, 2014, 8:46 am

Programs: DL DM/MM
Originally Posted by HongKonger
It only increases their value if award tickets cost less. Do you see that happening?
that's what they wrote:
"We’re increasing Award availability at the lowest price levels and making it easier for you to find the seats that are most sought after. We’re also increasing the number of redemption levels overall to as many as five levels, giving you additional options requiring fewer miles."

Also the actual award calendar is a way to hide cheap award flight, so if they "fix" it is a value addition to skymiles.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 8:47 am
wrx

Programs: DL DM
One interesting thing is in the special fares category (http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...ial-fares.html), where the awards actually improve (no more 25% category, and the current 50% moves to 75%. And, if I'm reading it correctly, full MQMs, though still no MQDs.
So just as an example, ATL-SEA at $400 in V, you'll earn 10% more miles (2181 vs 2000) with a bulk fare than with a direct purchase from delta. For long cheap flights, this may actually drive more business away from delta.com.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 8:48 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by thepella
that's what they wrote:
"We’re increasing Award availability at the lowest price levels and making it easier for you to find the seats that are most sought after. We’re also increasing the number of redemption levels overall to as many as five levels, giving you additional options requiring fewer miles."

Also the actual award calendar is a way to hide cheap award flight, so if they "fix" it is a value addition to skymiles.
You don't know what the "new" low price level will be.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 8:51 am

My guess is the additional availability comes in somehow with fewer miles being available to redeem and not actual availability. Honestly they are cutting miles so drastically for many of us that after people drain their accounts, there won't be many miles to spend!

I fly internationally several times a year almost always on a cheap fare, and I think I will still make PM but I will be getting something like 3600 miles per intl trip when you subtract the taxes (compared to 20K now) so at that rate I will be getting a free Hawaii ticket (which is where I generally redeem them) about every 2 years IF I could actually find the lowest sky miles fare which I have NEVER seen since 2010.

I am considering some job changes that will mean less travel so maybe that's good timing. If it doesn't happen I will certainly be looking at other programs come 2015.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 8:55 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM or DM for 24 years, SkyClub: Lifetime, Delta Million Miler
I fly mostly West Coast US and International to Asia and Europe. I guess I will be flying Alaska Airlines on the West Coast in 2015 and KLM and Air France to Europe and use miles going to Asia.

I am sure Delta will figure out a way to cut mileage earnings for partner airlines as they have this last year already. If I wouldn't have a lifetime Skyclub membership I would be on a different alliance by now.

3 years ago I flew mostly foreign partner airlines because Deltas' airplanes were so crappy. Then they reduced miles significantly for partner flights. At that time I started reducing travel significantly. So I am not playing the games anymore.

I pretty much had it with Delta. Alaska Airlines will be happy to have my Dollars...and they already offer One Way Mileage flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.