Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Sky Club beverage changes confirmed by DL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club beverage changes confirmed by DL

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2013, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by Thomas Hudson
I saw that, but was told it is the same as the green bottle other than alcohol content. My taste buds say that is Bravo Foxtrot Sam....
Originally Posted by pbarnette
It is the same, other than alcohol content. I would offer that your taste buds are simply not very good.

Alternatively, you are simply biased. Most people's sense of taste is highly prone to suggestion and outside influence. It is simply impossible for you to taste the gin objectively because you simply don't want to taste it objectively. There is a reason why competitive tastings are done blind.

Stick to the comedy, because you don't know seem to know much about the production or sampling of alcohol. But if you stick with it, you might get there, so don't despair.
Getting out the popcorn maker.

Mixing a TnT (with proper Tanqueray)

Gonna settle in for the interesting exchange of opinions that is sure to follow.

Old Jun 7, 2013, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by Spiff
They did buy a refinery. Gordons is pretty close to the products made there...
I got that one ROTFLOL
Old Jun 7, 2013, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Getting out the popcorn maker.
Mixing a TnT (with proper Tanqueray)
Gonna settle in for the interesting exchange of opinions that is sure to follow.
I may be wrong on this but Mr Hudson ,being the class act he is, will either
1) Not rise to the bait and deem it not worth his while after all it is digging into good and valuable drinking time
2) Come out with an excellent witty put down
Old Jun 7, 2013, 8:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
It is the same, other than alcohol content. I would offer that your taste buds are simply not very good.

Alternatively, you are simply biased. Most people's sense of taste is highly prone to suggestion and outside influence. It is simply impossible for you to taste the gin objectively because you simply don't want to taste it objectively. There is a reason why competitive tastings are done blind.

Stick to the comedy, because you don't know seem to know much about the production or sampling of alcohol. But if you stick with it, you might get there, so don't despair.
How do they change the alcohol content?
Old Jun 7, 2013, 8:19 pm

Programs: DL DM & 1MM
Surely the quality/taste of a beverage is not perfectly linearly correlated with its cost/brand recognition; however, the general trend is that as the cost increases, the quality/taste will as well.

I think it is very easy to see with beer.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dEagleS
Surely the quality/taste of a beverage is not perfectly linearly correlated with its cost/brand recognition; however, the general trend is that as the cost increases, the quality/taste will as well.

^

Ten years ago, I could never have imagined paying $10 to $12 for a six pack of beer. But, there are beers now that are well worth it.

Of course, now you can spend that much on a four pack.

Or, you can spend that much on a 12 pack of Miller Lite and maybe have enough left over for a bag of pork rinds.

Old Jun 7, 2013, 8:28 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by dEagleS

Why would one of the oldest Gins with so much marketing potential not be able to demand anything but sub well pricing? Seems odd... Like an amateur like me could be easily trickd into thinking it was good and stuff if it was just marketed better....
Old Jun 7, 2013, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why would one of the oldest Gins with so much marketing potential not be able to demand anything but sub well pricing? Seems odd... Like an amateur like me could be easily trickd into thinking it was good and stuff if it was just marketed better....
I seem to recall that someone who has evacuated this thread was contending that we all had been deluded by mass advertising.

I'm surprised that those hours of gin advertising that you see every night haven't swayed your opinion.

Old Jun 7, 2013, 8:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
How do they change the alcohol content?
You add water. The initial distillate is at least 70% ABV and you water it down to get it back to the desired proof. Quite simple, really.

Frankly, the only reason why the US Gordon's is bottled at 40% is because that is the minimum proof required by law in the US, while the EU allows 37.5%.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 8:44 pm

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
I seem to recall that someone who has evacuated this thread was contending that we all had been deluded by mass advertising.

I'm surprised that those hours of gin advertising that you see every night haven't swayed your opinion.

Without the constant barrage of Gin advertising I see I wouldn't know which Gin I like.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 8:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Grey Goose would suggest that marketing is all that matters. Quick question: why is Grey Goose distilled in France?
Old Jun 7, 2013, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You add water. ...
Thank goodness for cask strength single malt scotch.

Of course, the only time you'll see that in a Sky Club is if I hit the duty-free store.

Old Jun 7, 2013, 8:49 pm
Suspended

You add water. The initial distillate is at least 70% ABV and you water it down to get it back to the desired proof. Quite simple, really.

Frankly, the only reason why the US Gordon's is bottled at 40% is because that is the minimum proof required by law in the US, while the EU allows 37.5%.
Who distills the Gordon's gin by License in Canada?
Old Jun 7, 2013, 8:50 pm
Suspended

Grey Goose would suggest that marketing is all that matters. Quick question: why is Grey Goose distilled in France?
Don't know, I do not drink Vodka..
Old Jun 7, 2013, 8:54 pm

Programs: DL DM & 1MM
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...l#post20855682

To quote myself earlier in the thread, Grey Goose fared in the middle of the 10 vodkas sampled.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.