Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New boarding pass notification for TSA PreCheck

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New boarding pass notification for TSA PreCheck

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2013, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
I've gotten pre-check almost every time since it's come to MCO, but 2 weeks ago I changed my flight routing and did not get pre-check, it didn't print on my boarding pass. Today (different itin) it's not printed on my bp, lets hope I still get the 3 beeps.
Old Jun 9, 2013, 12:46 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by hnewman
TSA Pre missing. Heading to DCA just checked my Global traveler number is in my profile. Not good.

Just found the reason. DL change my name AGAIN. Added my middle name to my 1st name and left my middle name the same.
Originally Posted by hnewman
after 45 minutes on with DL they have no idea why my name changed, but did uncheck me in and I checked in again with TSA pre this time on the BP. Online support was no help. DL.dumb is horrible. Previously they removed my known traveler number without me doing anything. Thanks for wasting my time.
This scenario sounds a little like one that happens to those who sometimes use a third party to book some tickets.

Do you ever use a third party to book tickets? Does that third party, such as a corporate travel portal, have your exact Secure Flight passenger data?

There have been stories posted here on FT where people talk about discovering that the DL.com profile information can get "updated" with incorrect information transmitted from a corporate travel booking portal, and thus messing up subsequent bookings made via DL.com.

One needs to make certain that each travel booking portal you use has the exact same (accurate) Secure Flight information for the traveler.
Old Jun 9, 2013, 12:48 pm

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Originally Posted by mnbp
This scenario sounds a little like one that happens to those who sometimes use a third party to book some tickets.

Do you ever use a third party to book tickets? Does that third party, such as a corporate travel portal, have your exact Secure Flight passenger data?

There have been stories posted here on FT where people talk about discovering that the DL.com profile information can get "updated" with incorrect information transmitted from a corporate travel booking portal, and thus messing up subsequent bookings made via DL.com.

One needs to make certain that each travel booking portal you use has the exact same (accurate) Secure Flight information for the traveler.
I book all my own tickets on DL.com. DL.com is to blame not some 3rd party.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by mnbp

But, wouldnt the correct Secure Flight information transfer through with the SkyMiles number?

I have found that if PRECHECK is not on the boarding pass, then you will not get the three beeps. So it appears that it being printed on the BP is the clue as to whether you get it or not (not as to whether or not you are eligible).
Old Jun 10, 2013, 10:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by scootr29
Can my wife accommodate me thru TSA Precheck if it is not indicated on her boarding pass?
Only perhaps if your wife is a very young child.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 10:41 am
Suspended

Programs: EK Plat, UA GS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Amex Centurion
Can my wife accommodate me thru TSA Precheck if it is not indicated on her boarding pass?
No, unless she has GE, but if she did it would say so on her BP. Only people that get the three beeps are allowed to utilize pre check.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Only perhaps if your wife is a very young child.

Originally Posted by Emirates202
No, unless she has GE, but if she did it would say so on her BP. Only people that get the three beeps are allowed to utilize pre check.
Bolding mine. Only people that get three beeps, plus their companions that are 12 or under.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 9:21 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Premier, AA Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Sixt Plat
My wife usually will get in the PreCheck line with me; TSA will divert her to the normal line but basically that gets her to the front and is usually faster than the normal or medallion/First Class lines.

A side question: does PreCheck not show up for one way flights? I've gotten Precheck consistently for almost two years and since the PreCheck banner has come up on boarding passes, today is the first time I don't have the PreCheck banner. I tried looking up several threads on this and there doesn't seem to be a clear answer...
Old Jun 13, 2013, 10:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Pathfinder813
My wife usually will get in the PreCheck line with me; TSA will divert her to the normal line but basically that gets her to the front and is usually faster than the normal or medallion/First Class lines.

A side question: does PreCheck not show up for one way flights? I've gotten Precheck consistently for almost two years and since the PreCheck banner has come up on boarding passes, today is the first time I don't have the PreCheck banner. I tried looking up several threads on this and there doesn't seem to be a clear answer...
First of all, my flights are always planned to be one way. In addition, I haven't had one divert back to the origin in a long time.

However, I did get PreCheck in March and April on one way tickets/PNRs.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 2:56 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
One more data point: I just checked in for tomorrow's flights FRA-JFK-SLC. The FRA-JFK BP does not show PreCheck on the face, and the decoded barcode does not show the standard ticket number, "magic 3", or my FF number. I don't care, since there is no PreCheck in Germany anyway. The JFK-SLC BP does show PreCheck on the face and the "magic 3" in the right place.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 1:59 pm

Programs: DL Pork Medallion, PP, GE
I can't seem to find the posts upthread, but I recall some people having success with printed-at-home BPs and Kiosk printed passes. Does this still hold true, as far as precheck success is concerned? I just tried checking in online, and since my destination is YVR I can't get an eboarding pass because of all the passport check red tape. However, when I go to delta.com to check in and select "print boarding pass" it shows my BP for each flight, but there is nothing to indicate precheck. Should I be concerned? US citizen, GE, KTN entered on profile (9 digits), all that stuff.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by brocklee9000
I can't seem to find the posts upthread, but I recall some people having success with printed-at-home BPs and Kiosk printed passes. Does this still hold true, as far as precheck success is concerned? I just tried checking in online, and since my destination is YVR I can't get an eboarding pass because of all the passport check red tape. However, when I go to delta.com to check in and select "print boarding pass" it shows my BP for each flight, but there is nothing to indicate precheck. Should I be concerned? US citizen, GE, KTN entered on profile (9 digits), all that stuff.
One time I did the print at home boarding pass which had the Pre notification on it, but lost it somewhere between there and the airport. When I went to reprint at a kiosk, my BP no long showed the Pre symbol, and sure enough I wasn't selected.

My suggestion would be to print the one from home, and then go ahead and try printing from the kiosk as well and see if either give it to you. If neither do, they you're probably not going to be selected. I suppose you could always try going to an actually check in desk and asking them to reprint your BP for a third try.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by cmd320
One time I did the print at home boarding pass which had the Pre notification on it, but lost it somewhere between there and the airport. When I went to reprint at a kiosk, my BP no long showed the Pre symbol, and sure enough I wasn't selected.

My suggestion would be to print the one from home, and then go ahead and try printing from the kiosk as well and see if either give it to you. If neither do, they you're probably not going to be selected. I suppose you could always try going to an actually check in desk and asking them to reprint your BP for a third try.
I'll have to go to the ticketing counter regardless, since OLCI and kiosks freak out because of the international destination, even though it's just Vancouver (I guess Canada got tired of all the 'Canada jokes'). So I'll check with them. Anyone think it's worth it to try and call to see if the number just didn't get applied to this reservation, or is it futile?
Old Jul 11, 2013, 3:05 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
B
I have found that if PRECHECK is not on the boarding pass, then you will not get the three beeps. So it appears that it being printed on the BP is the clue as to whether you get it or not (not as to whether or not you are eligible).
I have been cleared with the three beeps even when it was not printed on the BP. The trick was to get past the contract worker that guarded the pre-check line at BOS terminal A.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by RobertS975
I have been cleared with the three beeps even when it was not printed on the BP. The trick was to get past the contract worker that guarded the pre-check line at BOS terminal A.
I might actually try that as a last resort. I can see it being hard at a big airport, though. I'll be departing SLC and I've never had a line of more than a few minutes, even in the regular lane. I can't remember where exactly the precheck line is for Delta. And on my return out of ANC, I'll have a good 6 hours or so at the airport so I'm not worried, even if there are huge leisure traveler-induced lines. I'm just more concerned for in the future. If there's a problem, I'd like to fix it now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.