Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New boarding pass notification for TSA PreCheck

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2013, 1:49 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, Avis PC, Global Entry
I don't understand why people don't just scan their boarding pass with a barcode/QR code reader app when they know they're eligible for PreCheck. Completely takes the guesswork out.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by UKCatsHoopsFan
So I checked in via the DL app this morning with the expectation of the pre-check icon on my mobile boarding pass and...no dice, just the Sky Priority icon. Out of curiosity, re-checked in online to see a paper boarding pass and...TSA PRECHK. So if I use the mobile boarding pass am I less likely to get the 3 beeps?
I'd just check for the 3...
Old Apr 26, 2013, 5:26 pm

Programs: Delta Charter KM, DM180, RW, DM, SC, SkyBonus; HH Diamond, IHG Plt Amb, Global Ent, TWIC

No beeps at IAD. Just LLL on the scanner.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 5:33 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by jackplum
No beeps at IAD. Just LLL on the scanner.
I noticed at LAX (I think it was) the other day, that the scanner didn't beep, but the light DID flash 3 times, as though the beep volume was simply turned off.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 6:01 pm

Programs: DL - DM, Charter KM; Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by MumbaiFlyer
I don't understand why people don't just scan their boarding pass with a barcode/QR code reader app when they know they're eligible for PreCheck. Completely takes the guesswork out.
Which one do you recommend for android?
Old Apr 26, 2013, 7:52 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by MichaelKade
or BB?
Old Apr 26, 2013, 7:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I am happy to report that I got PreCheck printed on my boarding passes twice today: first this morning when I did OLCI and then again after I SDCed about two hours before the flight and printed my boarding passes before rushing to DCA.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 9:15 pm

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; OW Emerald; MVP Gold 100k;Marriott/SPG LTPlat; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I suspect the reference to random screenings refers, for example, to the "random" beep or flash on the metal detector that results in the chemical residue tests of ones hands when using the PreCheck lane.
It's interesting because I'm getting pre-check clearance about 70% of the time at LAX (my home hub) when travelling alone, but I wear a brace on my leg so I don't have to remove my shoes, but usually get the obligatory swipe of hands and brace through regular TSA check. Breezing through the pre-check line is sooooooooooooo much nicer!
Old Apr 28, 2013, 2:59 pm

Programs: Atlanta's hometown airline. A bunch of hotel programs. PetSmart PetPerks.
I have only scanned through this thread, apologies in advance if this has been covered...

I got the TSA PRECHK notification on my BP today, printed at a kiosk. I don't have Medallion status any more nor GE or other 'qualifying' program. Granted I was at PNS which didn't appear to have a PreCheck line, and there were only a couple of people ahead of me anyway. I was just surprised to see it as a non-status pax on a super discounted ticket.

Up thread someone said all you have to do to qualify is store personal information on DL.com, perhaps that's it? But that doesn't explain others w high status saying they didn't get the notice on their BP. Curious.

ETA: today was also the first time I noticed SkyMiles AMEX indicated on my BP. PNR/SKYMILES AMEX/TSA PRECHK under my name. Is that new or have I just not paid attention?

Last edited by PRWeezer; Apr 28, 2013 at 3:15 pm
Old Apr 28, 2013, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by PRWeezer
I have only scanned through this thread, apologies in advance if this has been covered...

I got the TSA PRECHK notification on my BP today, printed at a kiosk. I don't have Medallion status any more nor GE or other 'qualifying' program. Granted I was at PNS which didn't appear to have a PreCheck line, and there were only a couple of people ahead of me anyway. I was just surprised to see it as a non-status pax on a super discounted ticket.

Up thread someone said all you have to do to qualify is store personal information on DL.com, perhaps that's it? But that doesn't explain others w high status saying they didn't get the notice on their BP. Curious.

ETA: today was also the first time I noticed SkyMiles AMEX indicated on my BP. PNR/SKYMILES AMEX/TSA PRECHK under my name. Is that new or have I just not paid attention?
If you were previously GM+ and qualified for precheck that way, you would retain it even after you drop in status.

Checked some of my past OLCI BPs and none of them had an Amex notation, but wouldn't be surprised if the kiosk BPs were different.
Old Apr 28, 2013, 5:23 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MichaelKade
Accusoft Barcode Scanner for Android works perfectly for me. It's free in the Play Store and made by Accusoft Corporation.
Old Apr 28, 2013, 6:26 pm

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; OW Emerald; MVP Gold 100k;Marriott/SPG LTPlat; HH Diamond
I got the tsa pre-check onbp today, yay, but unfortunately, my gate was 69b and T6 at LAX has no pre ck line!
Old Apr 28, 2013, 9:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I had PreCheck print on my boarding pass today even though my departure airport doesn't have PreCheck. In fact, there wasn't even a SkyPriority security line although it should have been in operation.
Old Apr 28, 2013, 9:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, DL PL, HH Dia, Marriott Gld, National Exp
Originally Posted by sky303
Accusoft Barcode Scanner for Android works perfectly for me. It's free in the Play Store and made by Accusoft Corporation.
Me too. Works for printed BP. AFAIK not for mobile BP, however.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 12:05 am

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat75, MR Plat, UA Silver, GE/NEXUS
Originally Posted by JBJ2435
I got the tsa pre-check onbp today, yay, but unfortunately, my gate was 69b and T6 at LAX has no pre ck line!
I made that mistake once. Go through the T5 checkpoint and take the tunnel into T6 airside.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.