Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New boarding pass notification for TSA PreCheck

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New boarding pass notification for TSA PreCheck

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2013, 9:19 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by miraclebear2003
It seems pretty clear that if you check in at airport with agent you do not get PRECHK printed on boarding pass.
Yes, and DLCorpGuy confirmed as much a few pages back.

The PRECHK indicator only appears on online, kiosk, and mobile boarding passes.
Old May 2, 2013, 11:00 am

Programs: DL Platinum, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Hi Guys, first time flying since these changes went into effect and a I have a quick question:

If I see the "TSA Prrecheck" text notification atop my boarding pass that means:

a) I am guaranteed to get the three beeps when I go through security
b) I have an increased likelihood to receive the three beeps than what I did before Delta began to print this information
c) It simply means I'm "eligible" which would mean I have the same probability i always did when flying domestically at eligible airports
d) It's not currently clear to us what this means
Old May 2, 2013, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by CBS9000
If I see the "TSA Prrecheck" text notification atop my boarding pass that means:

b) I have an increased likelihood to receive the three beeps than what I did before Delta began to print this information
c) It simply means I'm "eligible" which would mean I have the same probability i always did when flying domestically at eligible airports
Some have argued that the "TSA PRECHK" indicator means a), while others insist it means c).

I suppose the actual answer is d) since DLCorpGuy hasn't addressed our questions about the exact implications of the boarding pass indicator.

Personally, I believe the indicator all but guarantees the three beeps, and Delta's disclaimer ("no passenger is ever guaranteed expedited screening") is only meant to suggest that even those who receive said beeps might still be denied PreCheck access, in keeping with the random nature of TSA screening.
Old May 2, 2013, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by MS02113:20687948
Originally Posted by CBS9000

Some have argued that the "TSA PRECHK" indicator means a), while others insist it means c).

I suppose the actual answer is d) since DLCorpGuy hasn't addressed our questions about the exact implications of the boarding pass indicator.

Personally, I believe the indicator all but guarantees the three beeps, and Delta's disclaimer ("no passenger is ever guaranteed expedited screening") is only meant to suggest that even those who receive said beeps might still be denied PreCheck access, in keeping with the random nature of TSA screening.
Aren't there examples up thread of people getting the indicator but missing 3 beeps?
Old May 2, 2013, 7:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I've gotten the indicator for a flight departing from an airport without PreCheck, on a day when I have no other flights (so it cannot be explained as just in case I go land side at my connection airport). Unfortunately I didn't have an opportunity to check for the three beeps when I landed at my destination, but that could have been an interesting experiment.
Old May 2, 2013, 7:15 pm

Programs: Atlanta's hometown airline. A bunch of hotel programs. PetSmart PetPerks.
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I've gotten the indicator for a flight departing from an airport without PreCheck, on a day when I have no other flights (so it cannot be explained as just in case I go land side at my connection airport). Unfortunately I didn't have an opportunity to check for the three beeps when I landed at my destination, but that could have been an interesting experiment.
Why would you need PreCheck on arrival?

When I had the PRECHK notice on my BP the other day there is absolutely no reason why I would have done anything about it on arrival at ATL. Curious why one would?
Old May 2, 2013, 7:51 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by PRWeezer
Why would you need PreCheck on arrival?

When I had the PRECHK notice on my BP the other day there is absolutely no reason why I would have done anything about it on arrival at ATL. Curious why one would?
To try to check whether it's a trip-long/day-long approval or whether it prints automatically for everyone enrolled in GE or who has signed up for PreCheck as a DL elite. I was amused and curious that my boarding pass said I had PreCheck when I was flying from an airport without PreCheck.
Old May 2, 2013, 8:01 pm

Programs: Atlanta's hometown airline. A bunch of hotel programs. PetSmart PetPerks.
To try to check whether it's a trip-long/day-long approval or whether it prints automatically for everyone enrolled in GE or who has signed up for PreCheck as a DL elite. I was amused and curious that my boarding pass said I had PreCheck when I was flying from an airport without PreCheck.
OK, game on for data...I'm not enrolled in any of those programs, mine was a one-way super discounted ticket and I'm no longer an elite. As you say, I was amused and curious too.
Old May 2, 2013, 8:34 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Pre is generated regardless of your departure airport and its participation in the Pre program. My home airport does not have Pre but 99% of the time my BP beeps 3 times at the ID check.

Data point: my last 4 trips since the Pre indicator on the BP have all been eligible AND have included the indicator. In my recent experience the indicator = 3 beeps.
Old May 2, 2013, 8:45 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Noticed it for the first time within the iPhone app/Passbook for my flight tomorrow. It is now blended in with the banner for Sky Priority.
Old May 2, 2013, 9:34 pm

As a Delta spokesman recently explained to NBC News, "the TSA PreCheck pre-notification indicator will continue to appear on those selected customers’ boarding passes whether the airport has a TSA PreCheck screening lane or not," since neither the airline nor the TSA filter by airport.

Regarding the implications of the indicator, a recent TSA blog entry adds:
Originally Posted by blog.tsa.gov
If TSA determines a passenger is eligible for expedited screening, information is embedded in the barcode of the passenger’s boarding pass. The TSA Officers will still scan the boarding pass at the document checking station to verify TSA Pre✓™ status. While passengers with the TSA Pre✓™ indicator have been pre-cleared to access the TSA Pre✓™ lane, no passenger is ever guaranteed expedited screening.
This language seems to support the argument—but not explicitly state—that the boarding pass indicator is tied to the familiar "3" embedded in the barcode.
Old May 3, 2013, 5:52 pm

Programs: DL PM
I am a GE member and have only gotten Pre 3 times in two years. I am a GM and have verified that all my info is correctly entered on my Delta profile. Yet since this boarding pass change has taken effect I have not seen it on any boarding passes either.

TSA says it is a Delta issue. I contacted Delta and was told it will ONLY show on your boarding pass if you have been pre approved for Pre for that specific boarding pass. I thought it was on all your boarding passes if you are GE/Pre flier.

Can anyone verify?

Thanks in advance.
Old May 3, 2013, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Belated great news and thanks. Got it on my BP today from MCI-DTW-GRR but starnge on Wednesday it was NOT on MAN-ATL-MCI. Nice all the same
Old May 3, 2013, 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
Belated great news and thanks. Got it on my BP today from MCI-DTW-GRR but starnge on Wednesday it was NOT on MAN-ATL-MCI. Nice all the same
Why strange? You're not supposed to get PreCheck on an international itinerary.
Old May 4, 2013, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Why strange? You're not supposed to get PreCheck on an international itinerary.
I am sorry, you are absolutely correct.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.